Apricot Green

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I landscaped our small front yard all day yesterday and can barely move this morning! I think every muscle in my body is sore, and not the good sore that comes from a long run, but the bad sore...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “The last time I steeped this one, I burned it, over temp, over time. It looks so much like a black tea! This time I let the water cool for thirty minutes and steep for three. Much better! There...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1454 tasting notes
  • “Had a sample of this at the 221Tea Party yesterday. Didn't get a good tasting experience since the water was who knows what temp and the leaves were all in a little tea ball, but it was really...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “From Ricky:) Hadda kinda wing the amount of leaf/water since the amount he gave me was for a ~7.5oz cup lol. I went w/ 8. Liquor is kinda yellowsh green and it definitely smells like dried apricot....” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from China with the delicate flavors of apricots. Makes a light and refreshing drink that’s popular both hot and iced. If you are new to green tea, this lightly flavored tea may be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

I landscaped our small front yard all day yesterday and can barely move this morning! I think every muscle in my body is sore, and not the good sore that comes from a long run, but the bad sore that says, “Don’t you dare move, just lay very still in bed all day!” At least the front yard looks oh so much better now and I am hoping and praying that all of the new plants don’t die!

First cup of the day, and I think I picked the right one when I groggily reached into my tea drawer. I needed something soothing and refreshing, and this one seems to be doing the trick! The tea has a grassy and faint apricot aroma, so I was prepared for a grassy tea with just a little fruitiness. My first sip was actually all apricot. Not quite as flavorful as a fresh or dried apricot, but very lightly flavored and with a true apricot flavor. There’s a lingering sweet fruit aftertaste that makes me feel like I just had some dried apricots. Maybe not a tea that I would reach for every morning, but on this morning it’s perfect. Thank you, Serenity, for this sample.

-Dry blend has medium and large green tea leaves with yellow marigold petals and pieces of dried fruit.
-Dry leaves smell lightly fruity. Tea liquor aroma is grassy with a faint hint of sweet apricot.
-Tea liquor is a clear light yellow color.
-Very light apricot flavor and finish. Lingering sweet fruit aftertaste.
-Best with sweetener.
-Good tea. A very delicately flavored tea. Soft and refreshing pure apricot flavor. Reminiscent of dried apricots.

The last time I steeped this one, I burned it, over temp, over time. It looks so much like a black tea! This time I let the water cool for thirty minutes and steep for three. Much better! There is plenty of sweet apricot flavor on this buttery sencha. I’ll enjoy the few teaspoons I’ve got left. Adagio hardly ever fails!

On another note, I updated my cupboard with the teas I added to the teabox or sold and don’t have in stock anymore (34 teas) but then I added to my cupboard all of the teas I took from the teabox (25 teas) Doh! At least the added teas number wasn’t a higher number than the removed! Most of those are one cup samples anyway. I’m expecting Butiki & Teavivre samples I’m looking forward to as well.

Had a sample of this at the 221Tea Party yesterday. Didn’t get a good tasting experience since the water was who knows what temp and the leaves were all in a little tea ball, but it was really good. It’s going on the shopping list and then if my coupon is still valid by the time I go back to school and have extra money, I’ll just skip the sample and get a few ounces of this.

From Ricky:) Hadda kinda wing the amount of leaf/water since the amount he gave me was for a ~7.5oz cup lol. I went w/ 8. Liquor is kinda yellowsh green and it definitely smells like dried apricot. The flavor on the other hand, is unfortunately lacking. But, this was enough to at least make me consider investing $2 for a sample of this. I’m thinking of steeping it using premium sencha parameters- 1.5tsp in 2oz of 160 degree water for 1.5min. Doing that will probably boost my rating quite a bit, but I think this’ll still be a “I’m really glad I tried this and would even buy a sample of it, but probably wouldn’t buy more than that or buy it more than once” tea.

TeaCast

Any websites you can show me that would describe premium sencha? I’d love to try that.

Ricky

Woaps! I thought I gave enough. I didn’t really measure it. I just grabbed a few teaspoons. Haha, I would have gladly included more. I agree with you, this tea isn’t tasty. I only drank it once and I still have the whole tin.

Cofftea

@TeaCast, Den’s Tea has one I want to (but haven’t yet) try http://www.denstea.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=70_87 otherwise just type “Premium Sencha” into the tea search.

@Ricky, it’s ok! It’s still very much appreciated. I’m just very picky about my leaf/water ratio. This was really close to what I would have needed to an 8oz cup. I didn’t say it wasn’t tasty, I just said the apricot was lacking. It’s a good sweet green tea. Maybe since you have quite a bit you could test drive the premium sencha parameters and get back to us. I think we’re the only 2 that aren’t completely in love w/ this. Actually… as it’s chilling (and a lot of people do make this iced…) I’m starting to get a lil more flavor. I think I’ll bump the rating. Not many teas belong below 50 in my book.

Cofftea

2nd infusion, 4min. Lighter liquor as well as lighter flavor, but it’s also different. Less sweet. It kinda reminds me of a cross between their artichoke and mango.

Cofftea

3rd infusion, 5min, Liquor is just a touch darker than infusion 2. Almost a canary yellow w/ a bit of butteryness. The taste is also slightly stronger and even more savory.

Cofftea

4th infusion, 6min. Whoa this has the darkest liquor yet by far! There’s definitely the typical green tea taste, but there’s also a slight sweetness. With a lot of teas, the true tea taste and the sweetness seem to be separate- almost like they flip back and forth on your tongue so you can’t taste both at the exact same milisecond, but the 2 blend nicely in this infusion.

Cofftea

5th infusion, 7 min w/ Amish potatoe and egg salad. Holy liquor drop off! Liquor isn’t anything like infusion 4, but more like infusion 3 but more translucent w/o the butteryness. The sweetness made a come back though a bit.

Cofftea

6th infusion, 8 min as a palate cleanser after my chai drinking chocolate. I could easily mistake these last 2 infusions for white tea.

Another sample from Michelle, made in a 4 oz cup & shared with Leif.
Not really something I care for, but worth the try.
Thanks Michelle!

Enjoyed this more the second time around. I definitely steeped it shorter than before, which I think took some of the bitterness out of it that I was getting. Totally missed the apricot, but it’s well balanced so that might be partially responsible.

Oolonga

So you liked Apricot Green without finding any apricot flavor in it?..
Interesting :D

Mike

Yeah, I think I would have liked more apricot to come through (given the name/expectation…), but overall I was OK with the balance.

Cofftea

Me too, could kinda smell it, but not taste it. It was definitely a sweeter green, maybe even fruity- but I couldn’t have told you it was apricot w/o knowing it in advance.

Made this as a cold brew ice tea. Very, very nice, with the tiniest touch of lemon.

Iced 8 min or more

Made this one up tonight as I was doing some work. I let the teapot start to make boilings sounds, then added a couple of large ice cubes to the Teavana Perfect Tea maker before pouring in the water. This combined with the shorter steep time made this one much better than my first attempt. Very refreshing and a great evening tea

Finally finishing up this sample, slowly getting through the stash. Apricot is such a great fruit flavor, it’s not too sweet and has a nice little bit of tartness. Adagio’s green base is okay (like most of their bases) and this a good morning tea when I don’t want to do anything fancy. Would probably buy this again, or maybe see if they have a white base with apricot. Delicate, and refreshing.

Steeped at 180, for er… something like 2 minutes. Forgot to hit the timer whoops.

180 °F / 82 °C

This makes an excellent iced tea. I like to brew it double strength for a short time twice and cool or pour over ice. It’s got a little sweetness an vanilla undertones that make sweeteners unnecessary.