Grapefruit Oolong

Oolong Tea
Grapefruit, Tea, Autumn Leaf Pile, Roasted
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

A wake up call to the senses! Our Grapefruit tea is invigorating both in scent as well as taste. This blend of premium Formosa oolong tea and grapefruit is fantastic choice for an afternoon respite, or any time you need a citrus-infused pick-me-up.

About Adagio Teas View company

This tea is very interesting. I first tried it iced and it was pretty good, but today I tried it for the first time hot. You can really smell the grapefruit when you open the tin and the tea is steeping. I really wasn’t sure what to expect from this tea as a hot drink. I was pleasantly surprised when I took my first sip and it tasted like fruity pebbles! That’s right, this tea reminded me of that great rainbow colored breakfast cereal of my youth. I should also mention that I did sweeten this tea like I do all my teas with 1.5 tsp of amber sugar crystals.

I can’t really taste the grapefruit in this tea at all. I tried it 3 different times at different temps to see if I could get the flavor or aromaI to come out, but nothing. I’m really not impressed.

This is great for multiple steeps and has a subtle grapefruit flavor that’s just right. As far as flavored teas go, this one is near perfect.

One of my favorite teas from Adagio.

Not tasting any grapefruit today but was in the mood for the Oolong regardless.

This is one of my favorites when it comes to oolong. The grapefruit flavor helps to tone down the brisk smoky oolong flavor, which can be overpowering on its own. Grapefruit oolong is a great introductory oolong.