Mint Choc Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Chocolate Bits, Cocoa Peels, Peppermint, Red Rooibos
Chocolate, Cocoa, Cream, Dark Bittersweet, Earth, Espresso, Nuts, Tobacco, Vanilla, Honey
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “This is one of the best mint chocolate rooibos blends I've tried. The dry mix smells just like an after eight, and is really lovely to look at. There are cocoa shells a-pleanty, little dark...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 904 tasting notes
  • “A sipdown, and a happy one at that. I overleafed considerably just to make this a sipdown, and yet still got nothing out of the brew. I ended up dumping the cup after a few sips, I just couldn't...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1108 tasting notes
  • “Got this sample from Bluebird Tea Co! I couldn't wait to try out their teas, but it was later in the day, so I decided to go for one of the caffeine free samples. I have to caveat this with the...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 475 tasting notes
  • “I didn't get a chance to drink much of this sample that Bluebird Tea Co. provided, but what I did taste was right up to par with other chocolate mint rooibos blends I've tried. I got sweet...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 488 tasting notes

From Bluebird Tea Co.

Delicious peppermint chocolate with no calories!

Rooibos, Cocoa shells, Peppermint, Chocolate hearts.

If you love your hot chocolates then this one is for you. Creamy and chocolaty and no calories to boot! Plus, mint is a bit of a super herb. It’s been around for yonks, does lots of good stuff + it’s good with everything from potatoes to chocolate! Respect to ya Mr Mint! Add in real chunks of chocolate and this is a super tea indeed.

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

This is one of the best mint chocolate rooibos blends I’ve tried. The dry mix smells just like an after eight, and is really lovely to look at. There are cocoa shells a-pleanty, little dark chocolate hearts, and, of course, rooibos interspersed with a generous quantity of peppermint leaves. I brewed it for about four minutes, and added a little milk.

The initial sip tastes just like mint chocolate — like a mint aero, or even mint hot chocolate. The rooibos stays firmly in the background, but adds a nice earthy complement to the aftertaste. I suspect the milk has made this creamier than it otherwise would be, but it suits this tea well. I’ll try it without milk at some point in the future, but today is not that day.

If you like mint chocolate, this really is a must try. It’s a beautiful blend, strongly flavoured, and perfectly executed. I haven’t loved all of the blends I’ve tried from Bluebird, but this one is a definite winner with me. Divine!

Starfevre

A mint aero? Really? I haven’t had one of those in forever.

Scheherazade

That’s what it tastes like to me! I thought it reminded me of something, and then it came to me while I was staring longingly into the vending machine the other day. This is doubtless much better for me :)

A sipdown, and a happy one at that. I overleafed considerably just to make this a sipdown, and yet still got nothing out of the brew. I ended up dumping the cup after a few sips, I just couldn’t get anything out of it that made me think anything but rooibos. Zero mint, or chocolate, just rooibos. Lowering my rating.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Got this sample from Bluebird Tea Co! I couldn’t wait to try out their teas, but it was later in the day, so I decided to go for one of the caffeine free samples. I have to caveat this with the fact that I’m not a big fan of mint. Minty teas are great for when I’m not feeling well, but for pleasure….eh. So, I can’t compare this to any other mint chocolate rooibos teas, because I’ve never had one before. The dry leaf has these really cute little chocolate hearts in it. I steeped it for 5 minutes and decided after one sip to add a little sugar. Well, the mint definitely overpowered the rooibos, so if you don’t like the medicinal taste of rooibos, no worries! Overall, it was enjoyable, but I would have liked more chocolate. I think those who like mint teas will it enjoy it though.

TastyBrew

I missed out on their sample promo. Did you get the fireside toffee? I’m so curious about it. What ones did you get?

Tealizzy

Bummer! Ya, it’s called bonfire toffee. I also got love potion, earl’s paradise, and pandalicious liquorice as samples…but they’re only one cup samples. I bought a full bag of Vicky’s sponge cake…had it this morning, but I’m still deciding what I think about it, so didn’t log it. Plan on drinking a few more of these tomorrow since I’m working from home!

TastyBrew

Let me know about the toffee one. I’ve come close to ordering it several times but am scared it’ll be too smokey. I don’t like smokey. Love roasty though… I’ll wait to hear your comments before i order.

Tealizzy

I’m with you on that! I’ll let you know!

I didn’t get a chance to drink much of this sample that Bluebird Tea Co. provided, but what I did taste was right up to par with other chocolate mint rooibos blends I’ve tried. I got sweet peppermint, then rooibos, with a little chocolate mixing throughout. My mother stole the rest of the mug, and she told me “it was delicious” while sipping away, so there’s that recommendation! :)

Edit: upon finishing the cup my mother stated again that it was “a very delicious tea” and asked me if I had more hidden anywhere. Definitely a big fan.

Cavocorax

I can’t wait for my samples to arrive!

CrowKettle

I look forward to seeing what you received. It looks like everybody was sent something different. Did you pickup anything else besides the samples?

Thank you for this free sample Bluebird Tea Co.
I received it when I placed an order to restock my Rhubarb and Custard blend and try the new Pumpkin Spice blend.

I don’t drink teabags often but I’m always excited when they are biodegradable. :) Well done Bluebird, saving the planet one cup at a time.

This tea is silky smooth and light with gentle mint and chocolate flavours. The Rooibos is still sweet but toned down and balanced well with the mint. As for the chocolate it is subtle but definitely more chocolate than cocoa like. There is also caramel like flavour present amongst the mint.

It’s a nice blend but it’s sweeter than my average mood tends to be so it’s not one that I would likely revisit.

Sipdown!

I’m not too sure what to say about this. It’s a mint chocolate rooibos? (i.e., it tastes like mint, chocolate and rooibos in that order!)

I think this is a bit creamier than other ones that I’ve tried, and it’s very delicious and sweet without being overpowering.

Received this as a sample with my order.
I’ve been going through my sample sizes since Sunday trying to make my stash more manageable.
I found this tea to be mostly minty, lightly so, with some creamyness. It’s nice & light & I swear the chocolate settled to the bottom because the last couple of sips tasted like chocolate cake batter.

Boiling 8 min or more

Sipdown!! (194)

Another tea from the amazing Nattie (thank you!!!). The mint in this is delicious and refreshing but once again the chocolate flavor comes from cacao. Good, but not for me.

Thanks to Nattie I received a nice sample of this.

Clean and sweet but without being syrupy. The mint and Roobis keep the tea earthy and fresh and the chocolate adds a nice roasted and nutty deep sweetness. A really pleasant, mild tea that isn’t limited to just dessert.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Cream, Dark Bittersweet, Earth, Espresso, Nuts, Tobacco, Vanilla