Blackberry Lime Guayusa

Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 11 oz / 331 ml

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Product description not available yet.

About Butiki Teas View company

I am not really the biggest fan of guayusa, but I needed the caffeine boost this morning after being up lots in the night with babe :|. Blackberry generally isn’t my favourite berry either but I knew Butiki would do a good job, so I wanted to try it. The guayusa is the most prominent flavour here, followed by juicy blackberries. The lime was lost somewhere in this cup but it was still good. And it gave me the caffeine I needed!

This was the best guayusa I had ever drank! The energy boost of guyusa is fantastic, similar to mate, but the taste isn’t so pleasant on its own. This tea was good hot and cold with none of the guayusa after taste!

Sipdown of an older sample, I believe it came from Courtney but I could be wrong!

Made this at work yesterday, enjoyed the inclusion of a big blackberry in the bag!

I may have steeped a bit too long. I haven’t tried too much guayasa in my life, I think it has a bit of a planty taste. Not sure I dug it. I could see how the blackberry lime might be an interesting combination, but this is not a Butiki tea that I mourn the loss of. Thankfully, because that list is already long enough. If I dedicated 5 minutes per tea to cry about every day, I’d be crying forever.

Thanks the the sample, Courtney! (?)

I don’t think I like guayusa very much. I keep getting this cigar ash taste and I think it might make my tongue slightly itchy. Weird, right?

Yeah, it was too oddly planty for me. Not planty in a good fresh green tea sort of way. Just – odd.

Oh dear, I loooove this one hah. But I’m glad you got to try it at least!

This one sounds very interesting. I have a fondness for guayusa, but I can see how it may not appeal to everyone.

I requested this as a sample with one of my most recent Butiki orders. To be fair, I probably should have gone with a whole bag (because I knew I’d probably love it). Maybe I was hoping to give myself an excuse to place another Butiki order? Hmm. I wonder whether that was it. Anyway, I rather like guayusa, particularly for work mornings as the high caffeine helps to get me started. I generally need all the help I can get waking up!

I almost followed the recommended parameters for this one — I used boiling water, but only left it 5 minutes rather than 6. I pretty much always under do my guayusas on time, because I don’t like the earthy base to come through too much and either cause astringency or overpower the flavouring. 5 minutes is fine for this one to my tastes.

I can definitely taste blackberry – it’s very juicy and fruity, and wonderfully sweet; not at all tart or sour as actual blackberries sometimes can be. I can also taste the guayusa peeking out a little bit — it’s earthy and a little “green” tasting (but in a good way, like wet forest, rather than composty). I don’t mind being able to taste it a little, as it actually works well as a counterpoint to the sweet blackberry. I can’t really detect any lime, which is a shame, but the blackberry is such a great, clear flavour that I don’t really mind.

I’m a fan of Butiki’s guayusa blends. My favourites so far have been The Killer’s Vanilla and Good Morning Sunshine. It’s hard to say where this one sits on the scale — about equal with the other two, I think. Perhaps it’s time for a repurchase?!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I’ve been curious about this tea for awhile now. I asked for some in a recent swap with Stephanie and she sent it nicely wrapped in aluminum foil to hold in the scent. Thanks, Stephanie!

It smelled like the kind of flavor that would be delicious iced, so that’s what I did and it tastes delicious! So refreshing! I get a lot of blackberry, maybe a hint of lime, and the base tastes a lot like a black tea to me, but lighter in flavor. I didn’t add any sugar. This could definitely be a favorite iced tea, but I bet it would also be good hot with a scone. Yum!

I love this one! :O

Me too! I’ve never iced it, but I have cold brewed it.

Glad you enjoyed it. I really like this one iced, for sure :)

Yum! This is my new favorite any day guayusa. It was Tangerine Creamsicle. I love the sweet blackberry with the lime. I don’t know why but I always ice guayusa and that is what I did with this one. Maybe in the winter I will try one hot but I don’t think it will be this one.

Surprise favourite here! I bought this simply out of curiosity, not because I anticipated liking it. Apparently, though, blackberry is a perfect pairing with guayusa! I’m not overly fond of guayusa, but it worked so well here that I’ve actually found myself wanting to drink this tea again (tea cravings for guayusa?!) The juicy blackberry flavour just worked so well with the earthy flavours for whatever reason.

To be fair, part of the reason I picked this tea up was because I was interested to see how Butiki did lime, but unfortunately I really can’t taste any lime here. Which, flavourwise for this tea, is ok, but a bit disappointing because it is an ingredient. Again, however, I drank this in a travel mug and will have to try it again to see if it was just hidden by whatever atrocities travel mugs do to teas.

3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

2031 tasting notes

I, uhh, bought this for my BFF but since I hadn’t tried it before I thought I’d give it a go.

OMG, the blackberry and lime is INCREDIBLE. The smell is great, and the flavour is mostly great.

Too bad it’s not honeybush. I really don’t like the flavour of guayusa.

Flavors: Blackberry, Green, Hay, Lime

mmeeee tooooo

The sales guy at David’s tea was trying to talk me into a guayusa the other day, I just don’t care for the flavor either…

It’s not just the flavour, it leaves me feeling weird and jittery. I don’t think I’ll be having it again.

Cup of the morning. Generous sample from Stephanie – thank you so much.
This is my first guayusa tea. The smell is incredible. It’s like blackberries and citrus. Stacy is famous with her flavorings. I do like it on a hot and humid morning when you don’t want anything heavy but need some boost. I added tiny bit of maple syrup and it made it shine. I wouldn’t mind a little more of lime. Prepared according to Butiki parameters.

How did I miss this? Glad you enjoyed

The amazing part is its not only smell great. It tastes like blackberries and lime. And I’m picky about flav teas. Excellent, thanks for sharing with me( and the idea is great;)

One of my Butiki samples! I probably would have bought this one anyway before trying… it just seems like my kind of thing. I’d definitely go to Butiki for all my guayusa blends!

Steep #1 // 25 min after boiling // 3 min
I don’t like to use such a hot temp for the first steep of guayusa or yerba mate, so I’m not really following Butiki’s instructions on this one. I think oversteeping might be why most people don’t give those two bases a second chance. The first steep is really for the flavors, the second is the caffeine kick (and the flavors!) I wish the lime and the blackberry was stronger in this blend, but what flavor is there is good. Sweet dark blackberry with a tangy kick of lime.

Steep #2 // 10 min after boiling // 3-4 min
The flavor of the guayusa makes itself much more present,and I love that flavor. The blackberry and lime are still there. This blend is pretty unique and I’d certainly pick some up with my future order!

I really like this one. It’s one of my favorites.