Cream of Earl Grey (organic)

Bergamot Oil, Black Tea, Cornflower Petals, Natural Flavours, Vanilla Flavour
Creamy, Earl Grey, Vanilla, Cream, Bergamot, Chocolate, Anise, Caramel, Orange Zest
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

From DAVIDsTEA

A creamy twist

Lovers of Earl Grey adore this creamy alternative to the original blend. You’ll recognize the same high-quality black tea, the same citrus burst of bergamot oil, the same beautiful grey-blue petals. However this version adds a touch of vanilla, and the result is an unexpectedly rich, creamy taste experience. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, cornflowers. With natural vanilla and bergamot flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea was a departure from my usual type of purchase at DT. Recently having fallen in love with their huge selection of uniquely flavoured teas, I got very used to simply following the instructions on the packet and enjoying a perfect tea with next to no effort on my part (it is pretty much in my muscle memory, after all). The Tea Guide on shift during my visit strongly recommended it and I was blown away by the full-bodied aroma of vanilla and bergamot, so I picked up 50g and took it home to steep.

It did not come out perfect, that’s for sure. I steeped it for 6 minutes (partly because I ended up wandering away for a bit, oops) and it came out quite bitter, which overpowered the creamy vanilla component I had been captured by. I steeped the consecutive cup at 2.5 minutes and was more careful with my measuring of the loose leaf. This came out considerably better, absolutely perfect I would even say.

Then I remembered that I had just bought a carton of almond milk (I like it a whole lot more than regular milk – it doesn’t have that slightly sour lactose taste) and popped in a dollop. This addition blew me away. I do like it just the same as without, though, so I think I’ll be having every other cup plain – I find it so special that it tastes like something has been added already.

I have to say I do love the experience of needing to toy around with it to decide how I like my tea, instead of just being satisfied right away. Feels less…modern, in a good sense – analog instead of digital.

Rich, aromatic, indulgent, soothing, stimulating, floral, sweet, creamy. Yum.

Definitely not for me. Bought this as a latte in-store once, and being a fan of earl grey teas, I was heavily disappointed. It felt weak, and the cream overwhelmed the taste of the actual leaves. Maybe the tea guide didn’t prep the latte right or something, but I definitely will not be having this one again.

I am not a huge fan of this tea at all, got it in my big gift of teas from David’s, and this taste so horribly milky. Gave most of it away to a coroker

Hands down the most delicious Earl Grey “Creme” to have set foot on this earth.

So just what do they mean by “cream”? I mean we have cream of wheat and cream of tartar, cream of broccoli, cream if chicken, cream of mushroom…. the list goes on!

Here, I think the added vanilla gives it the creamy taste. Yes, it also has a very strong scent. I can smell it from across the room! The familiar taste of classic Earl Grey is certainly noticeable, but the added vanilla is certainly a unique touch that brings everything together!

I love this tea. This is my principal standard. Whether sitting on the deck in the late summer or early fall or just needing a pick me up. The aroma alone makes me a little happy and relaxed.

OMG everything I want in my tea! so delicious. Very creamy which is odd considering bergamot is usually slightly bitter in my mouth but no tangy after-taste for me! So happy I tried this!

This is my favourite tea. So creamy and rich. It is great on its own, although it is perfection with a bit of stevia and some milk. Amazing as a latte – tastes like a london fog.

Tried this tea a few months ago iced and didn’t like it very much. I’ll report back when I try it hot, though, since it seems to have gotten many great reviews.

Not bad, but not my favorite. I did a Early Grey Cream blind taste test with some coworkers the other day and compared to the other two being tested David’s was not as flavorful as the others.