Cream of Earl Grey (organic)

Black Tea, Cornflower Petals, Marigold Petals, Natural Bergamot Oil, Natural Vanilla Flavor
Vanilla, Floral, Sweet, Bergamot, Flowers, Cream, Licorice, Fruity, Creamy, Smooth, Caramel, Custard, Earl Grey, Sugar, Orange Zest, Chocolate, Anise
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

A creamy twist

Lovers of Earl Grey adore this creamy alternative to the original blend. You’ll recognize the same high-quality black tea, the same citrus burst of bergamot oil, the same beautiful grey-blue petals. However this version adds a touch of vanilla, and the result is an unexpectedly rich, creamy taste experience. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, cornflowers. With natural vanilla and bergamot flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ve definitely been on a bit of a EG swing lately, and found a sample of this one floating around.

It was kind of like returning to an old friend.

Taken with 2TBSP of Silk Unsweetened soy milk and 1TSP Sugar Free White Chocolate Torani

Like most DAVIDsTEA blends, this one smells better and stronger than it tastes. It smells almost like a strong earl grey vanilla pudding or cake.

While it does hold up in the desserty and vanilla-y flavor department, and doesn’t let me down in the rich, creamy mouthfeel, What I’m finding myself missing here is a pop of bergamot. Zen Tea’s is still my go-to.

The morning’s caffeine kick, following espresso.

Did they have to pull you off the ceiling with a lasso? :)

Nothing quite so extreme, thankfully!

The more I have this, the more I love it. I’ve decided I really don’t know what bergamot is “supposed” to taste like, the more I drink this and then switch back to ye good ol’ Twinings Earl Grey. I think it’s that this isn’t so citrusy, but more… floral? Smooth and cooling? I don’t know. All I know for sure is I love this tea in the morning.

This morning I wanted to try this sample from beelicious, while comparing it to the other Cream of Earl Grey I had on hand (from Tealated). This one has darker tea leaves visually, as well as a sharper bergamot aroma with less creaminess. I brewed up both teas, and this one is amazingly smooth. It really has a silky mouthfeel. The tea base is quite good and has a stonefruit sweetness, which I appreciate because some DAVIDs blends are too heavy on the flavoring for the tea base to really come through. This one is even organic.

So far, so good…but I don’t really taste the bergamot and cream, especially compared to the newer Tealated blend. Possibly this is an older sample or the flavors have faded in transit and storage. So, no rating or proper comparison yet, but I have a feeling I’ll like it if I order it in the future.

I think I still like Creme de la Earl Grey from Tealuxe better, but this is a pretty tasty blend.

Long time lurker, first time reviewer haha. I’ve come to this website so many times to read reviews for tea and I finally just decided to start contributing myself! Cream of Earl grey is my go-to and so I thought it ought to be my first. Very nice, creamy and vanilla-y. This tea is the one that actually got me hooked on tea in the first place, this time last year I would have laughed if you told me I’d be drinking tea every day and very rarely coffee – but cream of earl grey was the one that did it for me. I drink it hot with a spoonful of sugar or honey and no milk, after a year of tea drinking and 50 or so different teas later, this is still the one that always stands out!

Flavors: Vanilla

Welcome to the community, Lovely!^.^ Hope you like it here, it’s filled with some pretty wonderful people.

I really like this blend – the vanilla is just enough to add a beautiful creaminess to the bergamot of the Earl Grey. It doesn’t have a great smell, just smells like general black tea, but the taste is more significant than that would lead you to believe. This is a strong tea, capable of rebrew, and doesn’t really get bitter because of the creamy vanilla.

Flavors: Bergamot, Earl Grey, Vanilla

8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Day 19 of the advent calendar. I was looking forward to this one because I knew I was going to like it. I added agave nectar and milk. It was sweet, creamy and delicious. Reminded me of the London Fog I had awhile back. I re-steeped without the agave nectar and milk and it was still just as good (but weak.) Love this tea!

Flavors: Bergamot, Creamy, Earl Grey, Vanilla

The tin is officially empty. I’ll be back for more, though. Probably even today, since they’re having the tin + perfect mug promotion.

There’s not much to say about this tea that I haven’t before. It’s a staple of mine. In a perfect world, I would probably prefer to have a never ending supply of Golden Orchid from Whispering Pines instead of this one, but at more than double the price I can’t justify it.

Cream of Earl Grey, I will never tire of you. 100% simply because I drink you more frequently than anything else in the cupboard.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Smooth, Vanilla

I am sort of amazed at the other reviews of this tea, because I thought it was VILE. Seriously. I am pretty tolerant of most teas but I couldn’t even manage more than a sip of this one. And after that I had to dump it because even the smell of the mug on my desk was turning my stomach. Wow.

The smell of both the dry leaf and the brewed tea was strong, sort of like fake vanilla extract. My husband smelled it and said it smelled like fake butter to him.

After I dumped it I had to put a cleaning tablet in my steeper and completely scrub my mug. I don’t even think I can put this in the swap box, in good conscience.

Wow, I wonder what combination of ingredients made it taste so bad? It’s odd that it smelled so artificial, being that it is organic.