Goji Pop

Fruit Herbal Blend
Hibiscus, Honeydew, Tart, Floral, Green Melons, Apple, Citrus, Melon, Butter, Stonefruits
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! Tart and tasty, though it's not quite as good as I remember. Probably won't re-stock this one for a while, as I don't think it's a blend that will be discontinued so I should have nothing...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “A friend came over earlier this afternoon to have tea together and catch up. I had a jug of this cold steeping in the fridge since last night so we opted for that since it's been quite a warm...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 925 tasting notes
  • “EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! There was a snail floating in my tea as it steeping this morning! I am officially turned off! and I was going to make a lemonade based iced tea with...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “I'm sick. Like really, seriously, worthless, coughing a lung up, sick! How does a SoCal vegan girl who drinks at least one glass of green juice a day, and who works out religiously get a f'n chest...” Read full tasting note
    CraftyVeganJenn 150 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Spring eternal

Legend has it that Li Ching-Yuen was born in China in 1677 and died 256 years later in New York. His secret? Goji berries. Your secret? This hot pink tea filled with sweet, sweet goji berries, rosehips, citrusy lemon oil, apple, melon, marigold and hibiscus. It’s probably the most delicious longevity formula ever. Which is key, since you’ll be popping it for the next two centuries. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, goji berries, hibiscus blossoms, rosehip peel, honeydew melon cubes, marigold petals. With artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Much better luck this time with my tea-to-water ratio! Right out of the package it smells great and the big chunks of fruit look good enough to eat! It’s very pink this time (CUTE), so I think that means I got it right. It doesn’t have an overly intense flavor (a positive). The sweet, fruity notes are all kept in check by the very essential hint of lemon – in fact when sipping, the lemon is what tingles on my tongue the most with a very satisfying fruity finish. This will be an excellent summer tea – the flavor combination puts me in mind of sitting on my balcony at night, watching city traffic and sipping on some Goji Pop! This came with my Spring Collection kit and is running out fast so I’ll definately be needing some more! A+

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Had this as a tea pop to go last night at the mall. It was pretty decent but it was really weak because of the pop. Oh well.

A sample with my David’s Tea order, a bit too tart for my taste. Won’t be ordering, especially since I generally don’t like decaffeinated tea.

Staff at DAVIDs convinced me to come home with some of this. Sadly, to her a “sample” size was closer to 50g than 25g.. I don’t get it. ANYWAY.

Severely oversteeped (by an hour!) left this tart, sweet, and kinda prickly/burning – there must be strawberry flavoring in here, as I suspected when I smelled it. I get why the staffer called it “very much like honeydew”, if I’d steeped it probably, it probably would.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Honeydew, Tart

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Anlina

o_O 50g is not a sample. Particularly when DAVIDs can do as little as 10g, which is the quantity I now get for anything new, because too much tea.

MissB

I actually told her outright – smallest amount possible. I had to get her to put tea back a few times. Just not cool.

Final sample from Memily! This is one of the ones I’ve been waiting a long time to try, so I’ve kept it until I have time to write a note along with my precious single cup. I used 5g of leaf, and gave it 4 minutes in boiling water. The liquor is pale orange-red.

First sip, and I can taste mostly hibiscus. My initial thought was “oh”, but then I got it. It took a few seconds for it to develop, but my mouth was suddenly awash with the juicy, fresh flavour of green apple and honeydew melon. The goji berries add a touch of almost sugary sweetness, and there’s a slight tartness in the aftertaste. It’s more like fruit juice than tea!

I’m drinking this warm, because it’s cold today and that’s usually what I do first time with a new tea. I can imagine it making an awesome cold brew, though. Sadly I don’t have the leaf to try it, but maybe some day in the future…I do wish DT was more accessible in Europe sad face.

Thanks again to Memily for sharing this with me!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 5 g

The only way I could recommend this tea is to someone who really, REALLY likes melon teas. Personally, I’m not a fan, and that’s about the only flavour I got from this. I got it in the Easter Tea Hunt so at least I don’t have a lot of it. I’m going to try it iced but I’m worried that will bring out the melon even more. And it would probably bring out more of the floral notes, which wouldn’t be a step in the right direction.

Flavors: Floral, Green Melons

So I’ve gotten into the habit of picking out some of the hibiscus pieces before I steep the tea :P Which improved my rating of this tea drastically since the first cup. Overall, it’s a very nice fruity herbal with a strong melon flavor, and I can’t say no to melon! Not sure if this will be a rebuy though because I’m still on my strawberry teas craze _

Flavors: Apple, Citrus, Melon

Hard to describe the flavors but a really great iced tea!

Did my version of “cold brew” with this one. It’s nice. Cold, refreshing, but doesn’t pack as much of a punch as I was expecting. I think next time I make it I’ll add more “leaf”. Drinkable unsweetened though, which is always preferable!

Well, now I feel I’m the only one who hates this tea? I bought a 50g bag online because it’s supposed to be a popular tea.. which I thought meant it was good.

Maybe my bag is very old? Anyway, the dry stuff smells like butter and the steeped stuff tastes like rancid butter..

Oh well, maybe it’s just not my cuppatea!

Thank you for reading and have a goji-popping day! (is that a good thing considering my review??)

PS: you can factor in the space factor if you like

Flavors: Butter