Goji Pop

Fruit Herbal Blend
Berry, Honeydew, Tart, Goji, Melon, Pineapple, Citrus, Hibiscus, Floral, Green Melons, Apple, Butter, Stonefruits
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Spring eternal

Legend has it that Li Ching-Yuen was born in China in 1677 and died 256 years later in New York. His secret? Goji berries. Your secret? This hot pink tea filled with sweet, sweet goji berries, rosehips, citrusy lemon oil, apple, melon, marigold and hibiscus. It’s probably the most delicious longevity formula ever. Which is key, since you’ll be popping it for the next two centuries. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple pieces, goji berries, hibiscus blossoms, rosehip peel, honeydew melon cubes, marigold petals. With artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Much better luck this time with my tea-to-water ratio! Right out of the package it smells great and the big chunks of fruit look good enough to eat! It’s very pink this time (CUTE), so I think that means I got it right. It doesn’t have an overly intense flavor (a positive). The sweet, fruity notes are all kept in check by the very essential hint of lemon – in fact when sipping, the lemon is what tingles on my tongue the most with a very satisfying fruity finish. This will be an excellent summer tea – the flavor combination puts me in mind of sitting on my balcony at night, watching city traffic and sipping on some Goji Pop! This came with my Spring Collection kit and is running out fast so I’ll definately be needing some more! A+

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I was caught off-guard by how strong the melon flavour in this tea was as I’d been expecting something more tart given the hibiscus. I can taste a bit of tartness after the initial sweet-melon flavour, though I’m not sure if that’s just the hibiscus talking or if the goji is getting in on the action too. Personally, I think this blend should be called Melon Pop or maybe Melon-Berry Pop rather than Goji Pop as the goji isn’t really the main focus of the tea. Still it’s a great blend and it’s definitely going to get turned into iced tea sometime in the near future.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Sipdown!

I just can’t seem to get into this tea. I received quite a bit as a gift from a friend last summer and have since tried it a few times without much success. It isn’t even that the flavour is unpleasant, it’s just not memorable. I often find myself trying to remember what this tea even tastes like. Well having finally gotten tired of it taking space in my cupboard, I just dumped the remaining leaf into a pitcher and cold brewed about 12 cups of it to get through studying today.

Overall still kind of unmemorable. Every time I drink this I hope to have some magical revelation, but I just find myself going “meh”. It’s got a hint of berry flavour, possibly related to strawberry, then there’s quite a bit of tartness. Possibly a hint of honeydew as well? Definitely not a re-buy.

Flavors: Berry, Honeydew, Tart

Iced

YUM! This is like a fruit punch explosion of flavour.. both sweet and tarte and the scent is incredible. Thank you ccoppens for sharing this amazing tea.

Flavors: Goji, Honeydew, Melon, Pineapple

Chris Coppens

Finally! I knew you would like it

This tea is nothing short of magnificent. The sweet scent of goji berries paired with the nice subtle citrus flavoring solidifies this tea as one of my favorites!

Flavors: Citrus, Goji

Megan

Excellent review.. you have a keen eye for finding the best teas!

Absolutely adore this tea! Got to try it as a sample first, now it’s one of my go-to teas! It has such a juicy taste & smell. Just can’t get enough.

Really love this tea.

I like that it’s tart in a way that’s crisp but not too sour. The fruit adds just enough sweetness to balance it out.

Flavors: Berry, Melon, Tart

1 tsp

I find I always need to add more leaves to get this to the flavour I want it to be, even when I steep it for awhile. Kind of annoying, but the taste is so yummy that I will put up with it.

Had this as a tea pop to go last night at the mall. It was pretty decent but it was really weak because of the pop. Oh well.

A sample with my David’s Tea order, a bit too tart for my taste. Won’t be ordering, especially since I generally don’t like decaffeinated tea.