Cheeky Lychee

Black Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “One of my other recent lychee tea acquisitions. This one I bought myself a few weekends ago when I stopped by the DavidsTea store in the city. I have been interested in trying this one for a while...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1933 tasting notes
  • “I pronounce it "lee-chee", how do you pronounce it? :D Yum! I've been waiting to try a Lychee flavoured black, and this one is just what I was hoping for. It's one of my favorite crazy fruits,...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “Cold brew of the day! This was a sample from *Kittenna* that I was excited to try, since I've had lychee candy and fruit but never tea, and I heard that it was quite floral. I love floral teas....” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *DaisyChubb* for sending me some of this tea. This is really a remarkable lychee flavored black. I enjoy many lychee flavored black teas, but I do think this one is (deservedly so)...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Fit for a king
Lychees are just about the cutest little fruits around. But their perfumed flavour is all sophistication. After all, they’ve been the favourite snack of Chinese emperors since the 1st century. This lychee-scented black tea is made by placing baskets of tea leaves over big pots of simmering lychee fruits. Now getting the royal treatment is as easy as steeping a cup.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

From Another TTB Round 2

This one was MEH to me. It’s lychee, but in a very perfumey and artificial way. I’m used to black lychee teas being intensely lychee, whether from flavoring or because some lychee fruit was stuck into the tea. With that background this tea was disappointing. It was more floral than fruity and not very strong at that. If you want some of my preferred Black Lychee tea, I’m happy to share, I have ALOT, but it’s not really a big name tea like David’s.

TTB #1: Backlog from yesterday! I am using office water, so this won’t be the most accurate representation of this tea, but it should tell me something at least. This tea had a vague sweet fruity flavor, but not one I would necessarily call lychee. I would like to cold brew this one and see if more of that flavor comes out through that method.

Cheeky Lychee! I don’t know why, but it is fun to say and want to say it while moving my hips and shoulders. Totally tastes like lychee, but also tastes a bit flat and cardboardy. New word: cardboardy. You read it here first. It is a little flat tasting and I think having had Teance’s lychee tea is making me a snob to this one. Poor Cheeky Lychee never had a chance!

Not a fan, I don’t taste any of the Lychee. This tea tastes a bit like black licorice to me, which isn’t a good thing.

I passed by a different David’s tea location and had to check it out. From the outside it looked small but when I stepped in it had way more teas than the other location. Well even though I had more than enough tea at home I had to pick up a few small packages to try different flavours:) this one was one of those ones I have never seen at other stores so I gave it a try and it smells a bit perfumey and like lychee and taste wise is not bad. I taste the black base with lychee after. Not bad for a purchase on the whim! Btw this is the only lychee tea I have ever tried so I have nothing to compare it to.

I like this because it is not bitter- for a black tea, and seems to give me a nice punch in the wakeup zone. I cannot touch it after 3pm unless I want to finish reading a book til 4am, which is what happened…but it has a pleasant nice tangy flavor without having a miserable bite.

Hmmm this tea is pretty disappointing to me. It’s not that it tastes bad, it’s just that it’s not impressing me at all and I’m still looking for that lychee taste. I like when fruity teas have a strong fruit taste. This one doesn’t. To give you an idea, I’m gonna finish the little bag I bought, but I’m not gonna buy it ever again.

I love this tea!

I definitely recommend you brew it hot and let it cool down to room temperature with some sugar. It smells just like a ripe lychee and has a great sweet flavour to it.

I didn’t think I’d like this because of its floral notes, but I really like it! I added a bit of sugar, which brings out the lychee taste a bit more. I’d buy it again.

I love eating lychees. I love lychee martinis, but wasn’t too much of a fan of this tea. I think it was the overly floral, almost rosy notes which I wasn’t expecting especially when I read the ingredients are lychee scented black tea, apple pieces, and calendula petals. I’d suggest the Earl’s Garden over this.