Main Squeeze

Yerba maté Tea
Earth, Green Wood, Hay, Pineapple, Tropical, Fruity, Orange, Grass, Orange Zest, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Greet the day
We all know the classic morning ritual: a cup of coffee and a glass of orange juice. But what if you could get your energy boost and fresh-squeezed fruity taste all in one cup? We’re serious. Shake up your old routine with this fruity maté blend, and you may never go back. It’s got the juicy flavour of orange, papaya and pineapple, plus the high-energy punch of green yerba maté. Just one sip and you’ll feel alert, refreshed and ready for anything. Say hello to your new main squeeze.

Ingredients: Green yerba maté, papaya, pineapple, safflower.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I didn’t expect to like any of the new teas in this collection, and dang am I being proven wrong. This is why I always get some to try, just in case. This is a lovely fruit tea! I think I prefer this to any of the orange greens I’ve had, the mate just seems to blend better with the fruit flavours. I drank my cup unsweetened and didn’t even mind since there is a natural sweetness that comes from the fruit chunks.

If you’re a fan of any citrus type teas, especially whites or greens, I really recommend trying this one. As for the energy boost, I’m drinking this at ten at night so we’ll see how I feel in a couple hours :D

Tea Tasting Session with Emily(the mighty).
(tea number one, the rest have no notes and are just logged)

This is pretty tasty! I’d have to agree with the Tang/“orange drink” comparisons, because that’s the first flavour I noticed. Followed up with the grassy, earthy taste of the mate. I wish I could taste more of the other fruits, but the orange really seems to overtake the cup. I had it iced, and I can see myself drinking it once in a while in the summer, but it’s not as good as my beloved Honeybee as an iced mate. I think the Tang association just makes it a bit too artificial tasting for me.

I can’t imagine enjoying it hot, as I’m really not a fan of fruity teas hot, unless they’re balanced with something rich like chocolate, vanilla/cream, or nutty flavours. So I doubt this will make it into my cupboard, but the cup I had in store was enjoyable for sure!

I’m not generally a fan of mate, when I requested this in a swap from Artp I didnt realize it was a mate. but this morning I need my boost of energy, I’ve got a photoshoot this afternoon which I am so nervous about.

the dry leaves smells so fruity & juicy, something I would enjoy in smoothie form. as it steeps you can smell the mate, but as it sits beside me it smells like a cup of orange juice.

taste wise I mostly get the earthy mate, followed by some delicious juicy fruits.
however that mate comes out too much in the front for me.

This is weird. I don’t know if I like it. The description sounded amazing but it kinda tastes like grassy watered down kool-aid. That being said, I’d drink it again. What is wrong with me. Maybe I just really like grassy watered down kool-aid, what’s it to you. (It was an extra that came with my order.)

It’d probably be really good iced in the summer, too.

Cavocorax

Crazy! It’s a mate blend? I haven’t much of those but when I used to drink Chocolate Rocket it made me jumpy – so much caffeine! Looking at the ingredients I can see why you think it tastes look Kool-Aid! :P Maybe if you steeped it longer? They suggest 4-7 min, which is quite a range, but maybe the mate would kick your butt at the strength.

Iced probably would be great!

Ozli

I’m gonna try it again tomorrow morning, the other half of the sample. I’ll try the longer steep >:D

Ozli

Oh yeah, yeah, Mate – which I have never had before, actually. But “Tang” comes up a LOT in the reviews page hehehe so I was not far off with that Kool-Aid XP

Cavocorax

Haha. I look very reading team other reviews. Some are hilarious. Tang… Kool-Aid… The only difference is the amount of sugar?

Ozli

ONE of these drinks was used by astronauts! :P

This tea is really different from a lot of other fruit blends I’ve had. The pineapple and papaya work really well with the orange. The yerba mate deepends the flavor so that it doesn’t just taste liike a juice. Tasty, but I may regret drinking it an hour before bedtime.

I put this note under the wrong tea like two weeks ago, and I’m just now realizing my error! This is the tea I meant to put it under, not HoneyDew Mate!

This definitely a light fruity tea. I have come to realize though that so far I’m not a fan of the mate-based teas. I decided to give the rest of this one away to a coworker. I’m not going to finish it. It’s just something about it that I don’t care for…
Sorry tea!

Sipdown… sorta… not really, but out of the cupboard regardless

This was absolutely perfect for the morning. Reminds me a heck of a lot of orange juice! Yum yum. Fruity with an almost acidic mouthfeel. I definitely taste orange and papaya.

This actually reminds me of green tea…even though it’s not. I’m not generally a fan of green tea, but I like this. S’good.

Backlog review.

Definitely my new fave Maté! I’ve been waiting for Fruite Mate to be re-released for what seems like forever – so I’m really glad they came out with Main Squeeze! I love the green mate blended with the fruity notes. I love drinking this hot in the morning without sugar or anything – provides a wonderful boost to get through three hour seminars or essay writing binges. One of my favourites for sure, and Something I definitely refill on a regular basis. My steep times vary depending on the circumstance – at home I’ll steep it for a minute or three, if I have it in a travel mug though it tends to steep for longer and I add some agave. Either way, it’s excellent!

I had a cup of this iced from the store on the weekend, and I could smell it before they even handed over the cup! I immediately decided that I needed to buy more because there was no way this one would let me down! I have to say that the actual taste was a bit of a let-down, but that seems to be a trend with anything I get iced in store. I should have taken some home and steeped it myself and I’m sure I would have been happier with it. I am still contemplating buying more, but it wasn’t so good that I had to make an extra trip back to the store to buy some.