La Pomme Du Verger - Orchard's Apple

Apple Pieces, Black Tea, Natural Apple Flavor, Rose Petals
Apple, Floral, Malt, Pastries, Sweet, Baked Bread, Citrus Fruits, Orange
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

2 Images

• “This tea smells of sweet cooked apple and a fruity base tea with pastry like hints. I find it benefits from a 5 minute steep. The base does not overpower the flavouring and the fruit is...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 380 tasting notes
  • “*Here's Hoping Traveling Teabox Round #3 - Tea #25* I'm about finished with everything I wanted to sample from this teabox (other than a few I'm removing for later) which means I can focus on the...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1453 tasting notes
  • “PTS TTB Well I was enjoying this tea! That was until I ate a giant pumpkin shaped marshmallow. After that the tea tasted a little dull. Halloween is one of my other obsessions/loves and I go a...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 474 tasting notes
  • “*From Pass the Stash TTB 2.0* Apple and rose... that is this tea, and I'm loving it. The apple has a cooked flavor rather than a crisp, fresh taste, but it still pairs with the rose very well....” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 767 tasting notes

From Fauchon

The sun-kissed taste of an apple fresh-picked from the orchard blends perfectly with the soft notes of black tea from China.

Ingredients: Black Tea(China), apple pieces, natural apple flavour, rose petals.

recommended steeping time: 5 minutes

About Fauchon View company

I find it benefits from a 5 minute steep. The base does not overpower the flavouring and the fruit is stronger than when I steeped it with shorter steeps. The rose blends with apple flavour in such away that the tea reminds me of spring with a reference to apple blossoms ( which makes sense as they are in the same family), and at other times it reminds me of fall as I get an aftertaste of cooked apples. The base has enough tannins and astringency to give the tea a certain thickness and a reference to baked goods, but taste wise it is quite fruity, and freshening. The bite of Rose becomes more apparent as it cools. It’s quite nice.

I think I prefer the brightness of Nina’s Marie Antoinette with its crisp granny smith apple like reference and it’s lighter base, but this is still very pleasant and enjoyable.
CelebriTEA

Sounds like this is to die 4

Here’s Hoping Traveling Teabox Round #3 – Tea #25
I’m about finished with everything I wanted to sample from this teabox (other than a few I’m removing for later) which means I can focus on the Lewis & Clark teabox that should be arriving tomorrow! Can’t wait!

This one has the color of the cup, the syrup texture, the fragrance coming from the mug and the taste of APPLE CIDER. In all aspects, this one is cider. It doesn’t even seem like a black tea. The second cup was nice as well. I’ll have to try more from Fauchon. They seem to be my favorite French company, other than a few blends from Nina’s Paris.
Steep #1 // few min after boiling // 3 min
Steep #2 // half mug // just boiled // 3 min

fyrefly1981

sounds interesting!

PTS TTB

Well I was enjoying this tea! That was until I ate a giant pumpkin shaped marshmallow. After that the tea tasted a little dull. Halloween is one of my other obsessions/loves and I go a little crazy this time of year with all the limited edition pumpkin foods, or in this case just pumpkin shaped.

The scent of apple is really strong and it comes through in the tea! I added a little creamer that is sweetened and it rounded it out nicely. It reminds me of Nina’s Marie Antoinette minus the rose (which is a really amazing combo). The apple flavor is very true. It is a really nice tea and I’d probably be head over heels for it if I hadn’t had that other tea or wanted just an apple tea. It would be a great second pick in the apple tea category.
mj

Halloween is my favorite holiday too! Of course, that’s because it’s my birthday lol

Dustin

It was supposed to be my daughter’s birthday too, but she held out for two more weeks!

mj

Haha, I showed up a month early to arrive on Halloween. It’s probably better for your daughter anyway! When you’re little, you can never have your birthday party on your birthday because it interferes with trick-or-treating.

From Pass the Stash TTB 2.0

Apple and rose… that is this tea, and I’m loving it. The apple has a cooked flavor rather than a crisp, fresh taste, but it still pairs with the rose very well. There is a hint of malt and a thickness to the tea that I’m really enjoying. It feels robust enough to be an autumn tea, but the rose flavor adds a light note. There is so much yum in my cup right now. I’m off to see how this one resteeps!

Stephanie

oooh sounds good

Cameron B.

Hooray, so glad I added this! :D I have a whole tin that I got at TJ Maxx if you ever want some more.

Veronica

@Cameron B. Ooh, I’d love some! We need to do a swap. :)

Cameron B.

Veronica, I’ll send you a message when I get home from my trip! :)

Having followed with great interest an amazingly enthusiastic forum thread enjoining Steepsterites to head on over to their local TJMAXX and affiliated stores as there had been several sightings of Fauchon tea, I was delighted to find a couple of tins at my local branch. Unfortunately, they had only this flavor, La Pomme du Verger, but I figured that I’d like it since, in addition to the apple, it also contained rose petals. Plus I was happy to read that the ingredients are all natural.

Well, it’s fine. The gold tin is nice, and the orange-amber liquor is a pretty typical Frenchy flavored China black (cf. Kusmi). Nothing wrong with that, of course. It’s just that I’ve been becoming more and more of a pure tea type of late, and this sort of blend focuses on the bells and whistles more than the tea. The black tea base here is certainly adequate, but nothing to get excited about. I’m sure that people who like perfumed teas with fruits and flowers will enjoy La Pomme du Verger.

As for me, I’m happy that I bought only one of the two tins.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 4 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

This was the one Fauchon tea that I personally bought from my local TJ Maxx (the only other flavor they had was Earl Grey), though I do have two other flavors on the way from people nice enough to sell them to me! There are pieces of apple and rose petals mixed in with the tea leaves. The smell is very encouraging – sweet and apple-y with a floral note. Yum! I steeped for 5 minutes.

The brewed tea doesn’t have much of an aroma – it smells like a sweet black tea with a little wisp of fruit and floral. Thankfully, the flavor is definitely present in the taste! It’s not a crisp, fresh apple flavor, it’s definitely closer to a cooked apple. The rose is nice and light, and I can’t say that I would immediately identify it as rose if I didn’t know better. It’s definitely more of an accent than a flavor. The black tea base is mellow and smooth, even after 5 minutes. It has a bit of a baked goods flavor that makes me think of apple pie, but without the spices. Maybe more of an apple tart with a little bit of honey over the top! Very tasty! I’m getting a little bit of astringency, but not enough to be unpleasant or to deter me from enjoying this.

Flavors: Apple, Floral, Malt, Pastries, Sweet

1994 tasting notes

This is one of the two Fauchon teas that I picked up at HomeGoods on my trip. Now I’m home, and it’s a pleasant temperature at which I do not feel weird having hot tea, so I made myself a cup of this one. I was interested in this primarily because it is apple + rose petals, which I’m hoping translates into apple + rose. Also I haven’t found too many apple teas where I actually like the base (usually they are too bitter and astringent for me), but I like the Fauchon black base so I’m looking forward to this.

I am not disappointed, although perhaps I would prefer more rose. But then again I almost always prefer more rose. It’s a nice, very appley tea with a very light floral note. The black base has some bakey type flavors, so this comes out as almost like an apple pastry. I bet it would be super tasty cold brewed (I do love a cold brewed apple tea). Happy that I picked this one up, although I will say that there isn’t anything necessarily about this tea where I would have to get it from Fauchon again. I’m sure there are many other more easily accessible apple black teas that I would enjoy if I really tried to find them. But now I’m set with this one for a while.

Flavors: Apple, Baked Bread, Floral

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Cameron B.

Sounds lovely! I bought a bit of this in a stash sale, now I’m excited to try it. :)

Suziqzer

Sounds good !

Stephanie

Dang, I wish my TJMaxx had this one :)

OMGsrsly

Looks like I need to do some more tea shopping. :)

i haven’t found anything at winners yet omgsrsly

OMGsrsly

I end up at the mall almost every Friday, so I’ll check then.

This tea never leaves me unsatisfied. When you open the tin is like you open a box of a eau de parfum. Typical parisian I would say from the way they designed it. Not a lot of smell- i thought I was going to be dissappointed. Infused for 4 min and to my surprise it had such a wonderful taste. It was like eating apples sprinkled with orange juice on top. I drank it 30 min ago and I still have te wonderful taste in my mouth. Very smooth, very enjoyable and zero bitterness.
Unlike so many other teas that have more smell then taste, this one is e opposite, not a particular smell but an amazing taste.

Flavors: Apple, Citrus Fruits, Orange