Seed Harvest

Black Herbal Blend
Anise Seeds, Black Tea Leaves, Cumin, Fennel
High
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

• “I steeped this at a lower temperature and time to keep the smoke notes down and found I like it a lot more this way. The fennel is the strongest note, and adds a nice anise flavor and is a bit...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 598 tasting notes
  • “A blend from Dexter3657! thanks so much! It didn't seem like others here on Steepster liked this one very much, so I was expecting the worst, but I actually like this one! Maybe not as much as a...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1093 tasting notes
  • “*Tea #3 From the HHTTB* bleh, nope, I can't do it. I just don't think I'll be able to finish this cup. At first, I though maybe I could, but it's not happening. I read ahead of time that it...” Read full tasting note
    Flightysprite 456 tasting notes
  • “My first tea of the month from Handmade Tea! So excited. :) I had tried two of Caleb's teas in a traveling tea box, which is how I first heard about Handmade Tea and made me treat myself with a...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 262 tasting notes

From Handmade Tea

Seed Harvest stars with a blend of two black teas from China giving the tea a sweet and smoky flavor. A three seed medley (cumin, funnel, and anise) is added to the blend for an aromatic and savory tea. Great iced for those warm late summer days and hot for chilly fall nights.

BREW SUGGESTIONS
Temp 212 F/100 C
Steep Length 4-5 min

(September 2013 tea)

About Handmade Tea View company

I steeped this at a lower temperature and time to keep the smoke notes down and found I like it a lot more this way. The fennel is the strongest note, and adds a nice anise flavor and is a bit sweet. This is so much better. Wow.

Also, I just sent Fiance this note because he hates puns. I hope he loves it. But I’m pretty sure I’m just going to get ‘the look’ (you know, the exasperated why the hell would you do that look)

Dear Valentine,

At first, I couldn’t say with certaintea you were the one for me; the realitea was you were a bit arrogant and needed to learn some humilitea. But over time, I’ve gotten claritea to the situation. You’re my favorite person and you suit me to a tea. In actualitea, I think you’re teariffic and Wuyi totealy belong together.

The vitalitea you have put into my life with your generositea and kindness is outstanding. You’re a Jasmine Pearl in the rough, and my love for you is bounteaful. You have dealt with my eccentriciteas and peculiariteas like no other. Your emotional strength has made me realize that you’re my Iron God(dess) of Mercy. (Not just that, but you’re pretea cute).

Like most relationships, ours didn’t come without a degree of difficulitea. But we have overcome that together and you have helped me with my frailtea and insecuriteas and made me realize that I am beauteaful and worthy.

I love you to eternitea, Valentine, and I promise my undying loyaltea to you forever.

Come home soon, I oolong to have you in my arms.

I know this got a little long, but I hope you appreciated my sensitivitea and creativitea

Love,

Me.

PS: Is that pu-erh tuo in your pocket, or did you just love my pun thread?

CelebriTEA

Love your Valentine note ♡

__Morgana__

Adorable!

Nicole

That is completely cute!

moraiwe

Thanks guys! So did he, (though he pointed out that ‘worthy’ could have totally been ‘wortea’) so yay! :D

A blend from Dexter3657! thanks so much! It didn’t seem like others here on Steepster liked this one very much, so I was expecting the worst, but I actually like this one! Maybe not as much as a chai that would have the typical chai spices included, but this had a different flavor to it… a nice change! A medium bodied black tea… the first flavor I seem to taste is the licorice/anise. There is also a sweetness I didn’t expect.. I’m not sure what that might be from though… maybe the black tea itself and not the spices? I thought this blend would be more savory than it is. I don’t taste the smoke at all… I feel like by the tasting notes I’ve spotted I’m drinking another tea, but I like this one. It’s so nice to be able to sample so many different teas. If it wasn’t for this amazing Steepster community, I’d probably have to drink the same five teas over and over… and of course without the sampling it would be impossible to find those five teas that were the perfect teas for me that I wanted to sip over and over! :D

Dexter3657

I included this one because I thought it was odd/unusual. Sometimes trying a just ok tea that is WEIRD is as much fun as finding an AMAZING one. IMHO :))

Cavocorax

I think I’ve had over 500 different teas in about 15 months of logging on Steepster and I KNOW that would never have happened without all the swaps, tea sales, etc. The surprise samples are the best because you get to try things you never asked for and didn’t know you’d like! So I agree, this community is pretty amazing.

Tea Sipper

I say “exactly” to both of you!

Tea #3 From the HHTTB

bleh, nope, I can’t do it. I just don’t think I’ll be able to finish this cup. At first, I though maybe I could, but it’s not happening.

I read ahead of time that it had a smoky base, but I thought for sure the fennel and spices would mellow it out. Well, I don’t know if they mellow it, but they do something for sure. It’s sweet and smoky at the same time, but not a good pairing imo. The only place smoke and sweets can get along is while making s’mores :p
note to self: stay away from all smoky Chinese black teas!

BrewTEAlly Sweet

I don’t balme you. I COULD NOT DRINK THIS MYSELF BUT FIGURE MAYBE SOMEONE WOULD BE!

Caleb Brown

So sorry to hear that, Shelley! I guess Seed Harvest isn’t for everyone :) Hopefully you’ll get the opportunity to try more teas from Handmade Tea! I betcha we make a few blends you’d love :)

My first tea of the month from Handmade Tea! So excited. :)

I had tried two of Caleb’s teas in a traveling tea box, which is how I first heard about Handmade Tea and made me treat myself with a subscription. Both blends were very different, flavorful, and interesting. This one was no different.

A very savory tea. I can see this as a nice cold weather tea. Hearty, with some savory spices. I would have liked another spice in there to give the tea a bit more depth. Maybe a smidge of cardamom to add a bit of sweetness? Or some black pepper to give it some kick.

I hadn’t been avoiding this one. But I was in no hurry to try it. It seemed like it would be a chai to me, I don’t mind chai but it is definitely not my go to tea.

After opening the tin up, it smelled strongly of fennel. The brewed tea is very strongly anise (which smells like black licorice). It taste like a moderately bold black tea with sweet black licorice notes. The licorice is not overpowering, which is quite nice. There is definitely no need to add any sweetener to this one as it is fairly sweet on its own. I get a very quick, light salty fennel taste at the beginning of the sip but it is soon covered up by the licorice flavour. I am not getting much other spice out of this tea. There is a light “heat” to the aftertaste. It is definitely not a chai.

Due to the black licorice flavour, I definitely think this one would be better as an iced/cold brew.

Dexter3657

Hmmmm – I have been avoiding this one (sending it out in swap packages as often as possible). I think your review confirms that I won’t like this – I don’t have much left so should at least TRY it.
Glad you had a pleasant experience. :))