Blueberry Green

Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

2 Images

From Harney & Sons

Chinese green tea has been artfully blended with lemongrass, blueberry, and vanilla to create a brew that is sure to hit all the right notes.

About Harney & Sons View company

After drinking lots of puerh, my friend wanted to try a green tea. She said she had never had a good one so I took her to my tea wall and we sniffed some different ones. She loved the smell of this one, but she said, “I want it to be something easily accessible to me!” I told her they were sachets and were available at Barnes and Noble and she was ready to try a cup.

We made a pot, and again she did not reach for the sugar. She took a sip and said rather shocked, “So the only reason I have been adding sugar to tea was to cover up how nasty it was? This is fantastic by itself!”

I have a new tea padawan! :D

keychange

Omg, you have a whole tea wall? what’s it like?

ashmanra

LOL! I should be ashamed, but I’m not! There are four shelves holding 67 tins at the moment, most of them Harney and Sons black and gold tins. When tea comes in a different kind of tin, either they or I repackage it so it matches. Below the shelves there is a chest. It holds my Teavivre teas that are in pouches. I keep some of my most used Teavivre teas in tins on the shelves, though. My French teas are kept in a cabinet and the teas my daughter and her fiancé bring me from Europe are in a basket. I have these smaller stash baskets. I know, I know, too much! But honestly, I give away a ton of tea! I have even sent boxes of tea home with people!

keychange

I am jealous! quite jealous!

Really not a fan of the dry or steeping smell of this one—it is, like a few other reviews mention, quite a lot like Sweet Tarts or Smarties, gross! Thankfully the finished taste and smell isn’t like that, but it isn’t much like anything at all period either, alas. It IS nice and juicy the more you drink it the way yummy Chinese greens often are, and that evokes fresh juicy blueberries I suppose. Not the worst but I’m glad I only have a small sample of this. Might coldsteep the rest on a day it isn’t 7F out!

ashmanra

Ooo, I loved this one! I did think it smelled like grape Dimetapp, though, but I love the smell of grape Dimetapp.

mrmopar

Its 3f here now brrrrrr.

Dexter

LOL you guys are funny – 3F?

ifjuly

yes, grape dimetapp is a good way of describing it! i can definitely see why that might appeal to some—i have a lot of love for fake sweet orange flavor personally—but i dunno, i just wasn’t feeling it here. but yes, if that floats one’s boat this tea would be great.

I love the aroma of this tea, but actually drinking it leaves much to be desired.

What I like about this tea is that the blend actually contains a lot of tea, so when you’re drinking it you can actually feel the flavor of the green tea. Some teas seems like tisanes to me as they contain more herbs than tea.
I liked this tea, but I liked more its smell though. I’m not a huge fan of fruits or floral tea blends, I tend to prefer vanilla, etc. But I really enjoyed this light green tea. It can be a little tiring though.

I really enjoyed this tea. It’s a very light tea; it smells a good deal more tart than it actually is. I love this tea with a little bit of honey. It’s a great green if you like fruit tea with a bit of a caffeine kick and not as sweet as a lot of fruit teas tend to be. Be careful when steeping it though! The flavors get a bit off if you over-steep it, and I definitely don’t think it tastes as good as it normally does then.

As I mentioned before, the smell can be a bit intense. I want to say it’s almost like sweet tarts. But the taste is definitely milder. A great afternoon tea.

I opened the packet and the first thing that hit me was blueberries. There was even a blueberry in my sample packet. Next was sweet, if that can be a scent.

The flavor was that of blueberry. Actually quite good. Doesn’t feel artificial at all like a lot of fruit flavored teas can be. A little sweeter than I normally like, but as I normally don’t like sweet much at all, I doubt it will be too much for most people out there.

It didn’t hold up well to a second steeping. The blueberry flavor is completely gone, though there is still a very faint scent. The green tea is still there, but much weaker and little more than warm water.

I do wonder if the dried blueberries in the tea have been sweetened at all.

Flavors: Blueberry

My wife wanted a fruity tea for Christmas, so I purchased a 4 oz. tin of this for her to try. I’m just now having a cup for myself, since she rarely discloses any information about the tea (I think it’s her way of telling me to try it myself. Ha-ha).

It’s good. I like the idea of a blueberry tea, but it’s a rare occasion that I find one that I can drink consistently. This is good, but there’s something about it that doesn’t have me reaching for another cup. My wife loves it. My friends love it. I’m just not too big into fruity teas lately. My pallet is becoming a tea purist—some may call it pretension.

Anyway, I think I could drink this as an iced tea, but as a hot tea, not so much. As I said, it’s good, but I’d prefer sipping on a cup of something different and less fruity.
The flavor of the tea reminds me of a Dragonwell, with an aftertaste of blueberry. However, the blueberry is slightly lingering in the mouth. Smelling the dry leaf, you’d expect there to be more than I’m tasting; it’s more of an afterthought than the leading flavor. Perhaps if I added a tiny bit of sugar, that blueberry would come out stronger.

I’ll try it iced when the days get warmer and review it again then.

Flavors: Artificial, Blueberry, Grapes

Last of this sample. I still think it tastes like grape Nerd candy, but the tea actually grew on me the more I drank it. I guess once I got over the surprise of it not tasting like blueberry AT ALL I could appreciate that, you know, grape Nerds are actually pretty tasty.

S.G. Sanders

I get that flavor, too. The aroma reminds me of grape candy (or as I was told by a friend, "Grape medicine).

Another sample from my mom. This smells amazing, with lots and lots of blueberry in the aroma. The taste however, reminds me a lot of DavidsTea’s grape expectations. I don’t know if it’s the sencha or what. I haven’t found a sencha I like, so that could be it. It tastes brisk, grassy, and grape-like. Might be good iced, as long as you don’t oversteep it.

ashmanra

I love this tea, but I taste grapes, also!

Tealizzy

Good to know, ashmanra!

I got a sample of this tea from the generous Ashmanra.

I had been wanting to try this one since hubby is a big fan of blueberry and partial to a nice fruit flavored green as well. The flavor here is pretty light. I wouldn’t say that it particularly reminds me of blueberries. It’s kinda chalky and more floral than fruity.
The green base was not so impressive either. It tastes like cheap Chinese sencha. Harney usually delivers but not this time. It wasn’t awful but I’m glad it was just a sample instead of a tin.
Thanks for letting me try this one out!

ashmanra

I want to order this loose leaf. All I had left was the one lonely bag that I sent. I wonder if you would like the loose better, but if it is the base then it may not make a difference. I want to try it iced sometime!

Mercuryhime

Aww, sorry I had the last bag from you and didn’t even like it. :(
Good excuse to tea shop though. :)