White Peach

Natural Flavours, Peach, White Tea
Peach, Vanilla
Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Harney & Sons

A subtle hand-picked full-leaf Chinese Mutan White tea blended with the sweet notes of peach.

About Harney & Sons View company

Found this in the depths of my cupboard. Enjoying a large mug of this before bed. Love the strong peach flavor in this white tea. Enjoying what I’ve tried of H&S so far. Raising a few points for it’s calming effect and flavor strength tonight.

Cold brewed one bag of this overnight with about 2 tbsp Tie Guan Yin to make a pitcher of light, refreshing peach oolong iced tea that I’ve been enjoying all week!

Iced 8 min or more

I’m actually quite pleased with this tea.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a thermometer or a kettle that lets me brew to exact temperatures-I simply boiled water in my electric kettle and let it sit for 4-5 minutes to cool down. I then steeped the sachet (unfortunately I don’t have pure loose leaves) for 9 minutes (I usually steep my white teas for a long time, plus these particular sachets were rather old) and added about 1/4 of a spoonful of cane sugar (about 1/2 a teaspoon) to avoid bitterness.

The tea is wonderful! The aroma is rather peachy, though the flavor is not too fruity, which I really like. The tea manages to have body while remaining light. There isn’t an overwhelming peach flavor when you’re drinking it, but rather no peach flavor at all. I find that the fruit is more of an essence in the tea than a direct flavor. There is only a hint while you’re physically ingesting the tea, but it leaves a wonderful tangy aftertaste in your mouth that you eventually realize tastes like peach, though it’s not so strong that you think you just bit into a peach.

A wonderful tea (again) from Harney & Sons. I don’t think it will become a staple, but I will definitely purchase it again to make iced tea (and hot tea) in the summer.

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more
Tamm

I just saw that you added me so I wanted to read your reviews! :) I am just getting into Harney & Sons so I’m glad you reviewed this. I saw that you have been playing clarinet for a long time! That’s very cool to me b/c it is what I played throughout my teenage years! :p Good luck with your tea drinking and clarinet playing!

So this tea may have been stale because my brother bought this about two years ago and just let it sit there. I decided to try to cold-steep it since peach would make a good iced tea.

The peach flavor was even stronger than I was anticipating- very sweet, but natural. The base was stronger than I expected from a white tea. It tasted more like a dark breakfast blend and was not as smooth as I would have liked. Then again I don’t really know how old this tea is, so it could have been better if drunk sooner. Oh well!

Okay so I stayed at B & N a long time yesterday (long enough to try out 2 teas). This tea my husband encouraged me try because it was the only tin left of it’s kind while the others were stocked pretty full (he assumed it was the best since it was closest to being sold out). Not that it was hard for him to talk me into trying a new tea or anything :) but I usually don’t just pick white teas I don’t know why but I think it may have something to do with their lack of full body flavor. At least that’s what I typically think when I try white teas but this one was totally different it was surprisingly full bodied and the taste of the fuzzy peach filled your mouth. The color I found surprising as well in that it’s not clear it’s not even close to clear it’s amber in color and the smell it sooo nice it’s peachy but not in an artificial type peach way in a natural peach way it’s a soft peach smell but not as soft as one might expect for a white tea. I tried two teas yesterday and I think I might have to go back today and pick them both up :))

I brought the tea bags home in there respective cups and resteep and while the the taste was a little fainter than the original brew it was still quite enjoyable and was definently a true reflection of the original steep.

SoccerMom

Made myself a cup of this today and a cup for my Mom and she didn’t finish it (I didn’t notice till after she left) and I’m not gonna lie I’m a little mad. How could she totally waste one of my faves? It was bad enough that she added sugar to it!

Approachable, subtle, smooth, and delicious! My first foray into peach tea, and it still holds a special place in my memory.

I love this tea. It steeps nice and dark, and the peach flavor is spot-on and natural, not artificial and cloying. This tea smells wonderful. It’s also great on ice during summer. Definitely one of my current favorites.

Thanks Ost for the sample! :)

Well, this isn’t terrible, or anything, but it isn’t outstanding in any way. I imagine this would be a good one to brew strong, sweeten and pour over ice. The white tea is actually kind of greeny tasting, which doesn’t bother me, but I could see it being too astringent for some folks.

Got this one a month or so ago…whenever I was getting over my last cold. I tried it then and didn’t taste much but sourness. Finally giving it a decent chance.
I can taste the vanilla in this one now! XD Totally missed that last time.
But it’s a lovely peach tea.
Wouldn’t buy it again, the it’s still nice. the 50 bags I have will last long enough, I’m sure! Another good tea from H&S!

Flavors: Peach, Vanilla

John Harney Appreciation Tea #8

Not sure why I neglected to review this White Peach before, but it’s very good. The white tea is smooth and serves as the perfect canvas for the natural peach flavor. I’ve had a few peach-flavored teas now, and this is one of my favorites.

I have an HT tin of the sachets, which smell very fragrant dry and brew up (appropriately enough) peach colored with a peach aroma! Definitely a must-try for peach lovers.

Flavors: Peach

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 30 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML
Ost

You seem to be a big H&S fan!

sherapop

Ost: I am! ;-)

Ost

I’m gonna have to look at these tasting notes the next time I order from there. I love Peach, so this tea sounds really good! ^^

mj

You’ve had such a great tribute day, sherapop!

sherapop

Thank you, mj1851! It’s not over yet… I am debating continuing on for one more day…