4 Fruits Rouges

Cherry, Raspberry, Red Currant, Strawberry
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Nina's Tea USA

• “Many thanks to *Laurent* at *Nina’s Paris* for the sample. I admit that I was a bit apprehensive about this tea - it’s a black tea (which makes my stomach hurt) AND a berry tea (which I rarely...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 312 tasting notes
  • “I was a little worried about this one when I smelled it dry. It smells like it is going to be WAY too fruity, and almost has a fakey fruit smell. But once I steeped it I felt totally different. The...” Read full tasting note
    paradigmamnesia 700 tasting notes
  • “I don’t even want to drink this tea – I just want to smell it. It smells so deliciously fruity… OMG. Ok, thankfully it tastes as good as it smells. Ripe strawberries, mashed raspberries, some...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1416 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (132) I tried Grand Amour last time I went to Nina's and the Red Currant was too strong for my liking, which made me hesitant about trying this one. Luckily, a teabag of this was slipped...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1374 tasting notes

From Nina's Paris

The finest blend for a red fruit lover. Cherry, raspberry, strawberry and red currant … A celebration of red fruits to awaken your fondness for tea.

About Nina's Paris View company

Many thanks to Laurent at Nina’s Paris for the sample. I admit that I was a bit apprehensive about this tea – it’s a black tea (which makes my stomach hurt) AND a berry tea (which I rarely enjoy). Still, it’s Nina’s and I wanted the sipdown, so I decided to give it a shot.

I had the teabag version, which comes in a pyramid bag. Even before brewing, this tea smells utterly fantastic. Although it’s a blend of berry flavors, it doesn’t smell generic or artificial. The brewed tea is a nice deep red berry color. The taste is hard for me to describe… the berry flavors blend together very well, but are also distinctly identifiable. This is really quite wonderful. I can’t make out much about the underlying tea base. I’m not very good with black teas anyway, since I drink them so rarely. I can say that I’m not picking up any astringency and that there is just a slight touch of dryness.

This tea goes quite well with a berry-based dessert (in my case, a raspberry Milano cookie). I’m a little sad to say that this is a sipdown.

I was a little worried about this one when I smelled it dry. It smells like it is going to be WAY too fruity, and almost has a fakey fruit smell. But once I steeped it I felt totally different. The red fruit flavors are very natural and not overpowering. This is not a “punch you in the face” with fruit flavor type of tea. I like it when you can actually taste the tea under the added flavors! It tastes like red fruit AND black tea and I think accomplished exactly what they were trying to do with the flavor.

Ok, thankfully it tastes as good as it smells. Ripe strawberries, mashed raspberries, some other fruits… It’s sweet and delicious. I’m really happy Nina’s Paris threw this samples in with our last order, and that *Sil *let me have this one. DELICIOUS!

And.. that’s 199!

And.. that’s 199!ETA Many thanks to VariaTEA for pointing out that I’d posted this under the wrong note. Guys, it’s Monday. These things are forgiven. Much like the cleaning alcohol I spilled all over my hoody, and my accidentally breaking the voicemail service for our phones at work. It’s all forgiven… :P (I fixed the voicemail thingy though)

VariaTEA

Haha. I did the same thing initially and had to catch myself. It is easy enough to do because the Dammann one is the only one that comes up when you search the name.

Christina

This tea actually shows up twice in the database: once under “4 Fruits Rouges” and “Quatre Fruits Rouges” for Nina’s Paris. I emailed Jason once I noticed this last week, but don’t know if it’s been fixed yet.

BTW, I agree with you that this tea is scrumptious. To me, the strongest flavour was cherry.

Cavocorax

Oh, I’m glad you emailed Jason. I get annoyed by duplicate teas. :P I wish the search was better at catching them!

Sipdown!! (132)

I tried Grand Amour last time I went to Nina’s and the Red Currant was too strong for my liking, which made me hesitant about trying this one. Luckily, a teabag of this was slipped into my box of teas which gave me a chance to try it and I really like it. It is reminiscent of a strawberry or cherry hard candy. Delicious and not at all medicinal like Red Currant teas can tend to be. Thank you Laurent and Sophie for the opportunity to try this tea. I think this will be one I get again :)