Yorkshire Gold

Edit tea info Last updated by tokyohanna

• “Well I was going to brew something else, but the man wanted to have a cup of tea with me and he said "none of that fancy stuff. I just want that orange pekoe or whatever it's called. You, know,...” Read full tasting note
    yoginiundefined 51 tasting notes
  • “Snow. Again. It would be beautiful if it were December; now, it's just an annoyance. And I do have to go out in it soon, so something with clout is needed. Love this stuff. A little milk helps...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1628 tasting notes
  • “Hmmm, is this what you sent me *Azzrian*?? Anyhow, tried a bag of this tonight. Wasn't a big fan. It tasted like black tea from my memory, i.e. the not very good stuff. I ended up dunking my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “I cannot remember the last time I had this one. Tagless bagged version. Over 3g in each bag. I do recall this used to make a very stout cup. I steeped for 3 minutes, and added a bit of sweetener to...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1161 tasting notes

From Taylors of Harrogate

Teas from twenty tea gardens are blended to give Yorkshire Gold the perfect balance of strength, colour, flavour and character. The golden flecks you will see in our loose tea are the hand-plucked tips of the leaves – a sure sign of extra quality.

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

i really love this tea. in the uk there is a fight between yorkshire and p and g….GO YORKSHIRE! not that o and g is bad bc its not at all im just a yorkshire kind of guy. Its flavour is so much richer and it has a much stronger brew than p&g. its exactly how a good cup of english tea should taste. Strong and full bodies but not overpowering or bitter. Perfect with a teaspoon of sugar, a splash of milk and some toast with jam.

This is my go to when I have a lot of work to do and want a decent cup of tea. It’s not mind blowingly awesome, but I like strong tea and Yorkshire Gold does it. The flavor is pleasantly malty and it’s a caffeine powerhouse.

Bold and invigorating, full of deep Assamness. Teapot, quick stir and pour creates a heavenly cup.

seule771

Yorkshire Gold seems to be the simplistically ideal cup. I have yet to try Taylors of Harogate…hoping to but not necessarily this one.

I am sorry to report that this is NOT a favorite and I am giving this to a friend as soon as I can possibly get this out of my house! It is very heavy on the assam, and I am not a big fan of many assams, though I love Irish Breakfast tea which is usually heavy on assam. This was served at a tea for three, and all three said, “Yuck!” and poured it out, and reached for the pot of Harney Kenilworth Ceylon. It was a tad bitter, rather strong, and frankly, just not a flavor I enjoyed, and I drink lapsangs, oolongs, greens, and on and on, so my tastes are not too picky.

Resteep! This is really the biggest difference between Yorkshire Gold and regular Yorkshire Tea for me. Both are big everyday workhorse favourites of mine, but YT doesn’t work well on the resteep, whereas YG does.

It’s lighter in colour, yes…if by “lighter in colour” you mean “can’t be mistaken for coffee on first glance.” Lighter in flavour as well…not as robust, but still very smooth and eminently drinkable. The caffeine doesn’t hit you as hard, either—-but that could also be because by the point I’m ready for a resteep, I’ve already had an awful lot of caffeine. (Today, it’s particularly bad…I had Thai coffee at lunch. Ahem. XD)

On resteeping, I let it go slightly longer timewise, but keep the same temp. I may or may not add a teensy bit of sugar, depending on my mood. Good times.

this is a very nice orange pekoe. they had the bag version in my grocery store. i don’t know what’s gotten into the buyer at my local grocery store. we have a lot of tea varieties of late. this one is tasty & flavourful when stepped at 4 minutes but don’t go overboard. 4m30seconds & it becomes a wee bit bitter. it loves milk & sugar. this is the tea that you offer to a friend in need of a shoulder & a good cry.

A clean and refreshing taste.

I’m sure it comes as no surprise that this is my favourite tea. It has a good, rich flavour without being bitter, and is the ideal every day tea. Add a dash of milk (or, if you’re me, more than a dash) and some sugar, and it is absolute perfection. I’ve had it noted to me before that some people think it brews rather strong rather quickly, but I believe it stays quite tasty.

Someone from the UK suggested Yorkshire tea to me. I was glad the store had the gold version since I’d heard such good reviews of it on Amazon. I’ve never been a big fan of basic teas—they have always been too plain for me. This one, however, has a really nice, rich flavor to it. I used filtered water and heavy whipping cream for the first cup. I’m curious how it would have been with tap water and cheap powdered creamer. I probably wouldn’t have liked it. I will definitely get this again. Good thing it came in a box of 40!

I first tried this tea about a month ago and it has since become my favorite black tea. I was growing tired of most black teas being weak and flavorless, which is why I was so excited to discover Yorkshire Gold! I like my black tea to be very bold and Yorkshire Gold definitely meets that requirement. For me, this is just a morning tea, as it has a pretty high level of caffeine. Also, it’s great on its own, or with a bit of milk and sugar.