Earl Grey Creme

Vanilla, Cream, Orange Zest, Tannin
Edit tea info Last updated by SJBP

• “Compared to the Earl Grey from Lupicia, I think that this one is less well balanced when by itself. I like to use 2 tsp. of this with 1 tsp. of the French Vanilla Assam (from 52teas) in 500 ml....” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 766 tasting notes
  • “*Michelle* packed a potent packet of this in a pouch of precious prizes (sorry---y'all know me and alliterations). Wordplay notwithstanding, I think this is my favorite EG blend to date. Heavy on...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1625 tasting notes
  • “Decupboarding this now because I've only got about a teaspoon left, so if I don't do it now, I'll forget to :) Last night I coldbrewed this in the fridge. I don't think I've ever done that with...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “Made a gallon of this iced using the hot brew method:1TBSP to 16oz hot water and then chilled it overnight. I've been trying to "use up" this tea, as it was the first I bought, and I've found much...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes

From Teavana

A smooth and rich combination of classic Earl Grey black tea and Bergamot oil with a touch of dairy-free creaminess coming from the vanilla pieces and cream flavoring added.

How to Prepare
Use 1 teaspoon of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to 195-205 degrees and steep tea for 2-3 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.
Ingredients:
Traditional blend of Earl Grey black tea with bergamot oil, blue cornflowers, vanilla pieces and cream flavoring (dairy-free). (by Oolonga)

Ingredients from the envelope label: Black tea, natural & artificial flavoring, marigold petals. (By SJBP)

About Teavana View company

So this tea is pretty much my favorite tea ever. Like, when I woke up feeling all ‘Blerg’ this morning, I made this.

I don’t know why its my favorite. I generally do not like Earl Grey anything. But this I adore.

ADORE.

I made it this morning for me and the boy who came over to chop off the top of my lawn with a big machine. As I was brewing I said, “Oh, and this is my Earl Grey Creme” and he said, through a mouthful of whatever the heck I made this morning, “I know. I can smell it.”

….y’all. This boy knows only about three types of tea. “Sweet Tea” “Sweet Tea with Lemon” and “The Froo-froo stuff you’re drinking.” So if that tells you how often I brew this bad boy, then you know that I love it.

teataku

I just about dumped my laptop on the floor laughing at your last comment about the three types of tea the boy knows.

TeaNerdette

If you snorted tea out of your nose, do I get a point? :P

I got this in my Teavana order to see if it was any better than the Earl Grey Creme Vanilla from Upton. Really, I do think they are pretty comparable in taste. I think I am going to have to do a side by side comparison soon. I also have a sample coming from a tea vendor who sells Metro teas, and am assuming the Earl Grey Creme from that vendor is also from Metro.

Pretty enjoyable. I do like it, and since I have a thing for JavaVana Mate…I can see buying this one again if it does taste better than Upton’s in the side by side. Otherwise, the Upton is a hard one to beat due to price.

Starting the day with black tea. I Still love how smooth and sweet this is, just not sure if it has enough kick to start my day off. I’m used to a slap in the face from my morning teas. This tea definitely has a place in the cupboard though.

My first morning of summer vacation, but I can’t sleep in because our apartment complex is still working on the water. It’s only bothered me in the evenings so far, because I’ve been at school when the shut-off occurs and usually don’t have to deal with anything until I get home. But today, 10am-6:30pm is an awfully long time to camp in our apartment, so we have to catch our showers before we head out to the library or catch a movie matinee.

Hence my need for caffeine this early on the first day of summer! I’ve been trying out different Earl Greys in hope of finding the perfect cup for me, and Emilie was kind enough to inclue this one in our swap. Right now, the Teavana Earl Grey is the front-runner, so I was curious to try their other variations.

I have to admit I definitely needed the caffeine this morning, as I couldn’t place an element and asked my husband for his opinion on it. His take? Cocoa and Bailey’s Irish Cream. I have to agree with him – the cocoa is stronger, but the Irish Cream element is light but there. A very interesting mix, but I don’t think it will supplant my usual EG. Thanks for the opportunity to try this out, Emilie!

One of the first Earl Grey teas I’ve really tried. But all I can say is I loved it! Has a nice balance of cream flavor and bergamot. It had a very creamy finish. That’s all I really have to say about this tea :] Very simple yet delicious!

Dropped the hubby off at the Navy recruiter’s station today, because he’s leaving for boot camp tomorrow, and I wanted something familiar and comforting. I settled on this, with a piece of chocolate cake. It did quite nicely. I will still miss him like hell, but at least I’ll have my tea and my little girl.

Bonnie

Stay close to us, we’re a family here and when you need to whine or vent or are lonely, pull up a mug of tea for a chat!

teataku

That’s so very sweet of you. :) Thanks for reminding me of how many good people I know.

I received this from SoccerMom, who found out she wasn’t so fond of earl grey. I am always open to trying different EGs, so I was very happy to receive the package. I loved the smell, which didn’t smell like a typical earl grey because of the addition of vanilla and cream flavors. So far so good. I used 10oz water instead of the standard 8oz and steeped 2 minutes and 30 seconds, which is what I usually do when I drink my earl greys straight.

The result? I have to say, thank you, SoccerMom! I like this. As an earl grey, it is on the lighter side, more floral notes than bergamot. I am not a big fan of vanilla by itself but the sweetness made the floral scent less perfumy for me. I like it. I also like the blue cornflower that makes the blend look quite pretty.

SoccerMom

Gander,
Glad you like it and that I could find it a new home where it will be loved! LOL
Oh and the blue cornflower does make it cute!

This one prepared for me, so I can’t really put too much effort into how this one was prepared. As far as the taste… Not too bad, I expect that had it been a better ratio of water to leaves it would have been a bit stronger. Flavor wise it was impressed it still managed to convey the bergamot flavor while not overpowering the real tea flavor. Now I didn’t notice a huge difference between this one and the normal Earl Grey except a slight lightness that can sometimes be overlooked in a black tea, but overall a good cup. Fresh after taste with little left on the palate in the way of too much bergamot oil. So my hats off to the folk at teavana. Nothing overly amazing in the way of an Earl Grey but definitely not too shabby:)

This Earl Grey Creme is one of the few true teas in my recent post-holiday haul from Teavana. It brews up lighter than I was expecting but still smells and tastes relatively creamy. I added light cream, as I usually do to Earl Grey.

I don’t know whether the marigold is adding any flavor, but the vanilla and bergamot flavoring are both fairly light. My dried blend contains no cornflowers (as depicted above). The brewed black tea base has a certain roughness to it, scratching the back of my throat a bit, but this blend is not bad.

I won’t buy this Earl Grey again (I still have about 1000 others to try!), but I’ll definitely brew up and drink the rest of this ounce, which came divided in two attractive metallic bronze-colored envelopes as a part of the 12 Holidays of Tea collection in a huge purple and bronze foil-decorated box with pull-out drawers. I’d have liked the gorgeous set much more if there were more tea included.

Sipdown! Thanks to JennyFur for this tea.

I’m sorry, I just need my earl grey fix for the day. This one called my name because of the creme. and I only make one cup instead of the usual two incase things don’t go as planned. If this is good I may have to go get some from Teavana because this tea is pretty inexpensive (which is a surprise with Teavana).

I steeped this for the recommended 195 (I found this odd because most black teas are at boiling, but I’ll go with it) for 3 minutes. Also, I put about a tablespoon of honey in (I haven’t used honey in a tea in forever, but desperate times call for desperate measures).

First sip:
Honey. Honey. Oh my, Honey. um…. Honey. And cold. Very cold. hmm…

Finishing off the cup:
Well, all the honey helped my throat. I could get hints of earl grey in there. I don’t know why it was so cold. I won’t rate this as that would be unfair to the tea :(. But it tasted good when I could taste it! Tasted light. I enjoyed that part. Too much honey to finish the cup though… opps.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Overall, I messed up on this one x) The honey helped my throat though! I may get this anyway because its only 5 bucks for two ounces. Or maybe I’ll save a starbucks sample to get one ounce of this. Who knows :p I usually go into Teavana looking to get a cheap tea and seeing something that is over 20 dollars and using my sample on that instead.