White Ayurvedic Chai

White Tea
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by JoonSusanna

From Teavana

A chai that stands apart! This energizing tea contains spicy bursts of cinnamon, cloves and black and red pepper tempered with sweet coconut and delicate lemongrass. These complex flavors enhance the Ayurvedic properties of this rare white tea.

How to Prepare
Use 1.5 teaspoons of tea per 8 ounces of water. Heat water to 175 degrees and steep for 2 minutes. 2oz of tea equals 25-30 teaspoons.

Ingredients:
White tea, green tea, cinnamon, lemongrass, red pepper, bruised black pepper, coconut chips, cardamom and cloves.

This tea blends well with:
Samurai Chai Mate
Bangkok Lemongrass Rooibos Tea
Monkey Picked Oolong Tea

About Teavana View company

I’ve had this tea for a few months (kept in a Teavana canister) as my aunt got it for me for my birthday, and I didn’t rush to try it since I’m usually not too fond of chai teas. Today, I thought I might as well give it a try.

The scent of the dry leaves is very spicy and you will notice the cinnamon right away. The scent almost made me not want to try it, since (as mentioned above) I usually only like flat green or white teas, but I did, and I must say, it wasn’t too bad!

I don’t think I steeped it long enough, because my cup doesn’t taste as strong as others on here have mentioned, but it DOES remind me of Redhot candies as someone else stated, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

I love white teas and I think it took away some of the harshness that comes with black chai teas (but, then again, the only black chai teas I have tasted were bagged teas, not loose-leaf). Overall I enjoyed this cup, it was light yet had a warm little kick to it, and I’m looking forward to brewing a second cup and experimenting with the time/heat/etc. :)

This a yummy tea. It is spicy but not overwhelming. It also blended really well with the honeybush vanilla tea – and it seems like it will be very versatile with other teas as well.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this tea. This was one of the first teas from Teavana I tried, and I was worried the spices would simply overpower the tea. The brew was light yellow and had a very mild taste with subtle spices. Surprising indeed, considering how much “stuff” is in the tea itself.

I normally prepare this with the Samuari Chai Mate (to be honest, I have yet to have it by itself – I tried the blend originally as a sampler at a local Teavana store and instantly became addicted), resulting in that yummy blend of spices (think almost a cinnamon gum, only in tea form) that helps keep me up when I’m working past midnight. This has about the same amount of caffeine as coffee, so if you need a pick-me-up in the morning, and you’re not as much of a darker brew type of person, this is definitely a pleasant alternative! I find I don’t even need any milk or sweeteners to bring about the various flavors of this tea. This is the tea that I can not be without in my tea cupboard, and often find myself depressed when I get to the bottom of the tin. All of my friends who have tried a sip of this tea keeping begging for me to lend them more!

Making some more this afternoon, might try it with some german rock cane sugar just to see what it tastes like, since I think that’s how they prepare it at Teavana, but I could be wrong.

I think I under steeped this one it only gets better and more spicy the more you steep it. Still good but not quite as strong as I like it.

A delightfully tasty tea! I added a generous dollop of local honey to the pot and it’s balanced wonderfully with the spiciness of the tea. It reminds me a little of the mulled wine mix I use around the holidays – a Tudor recipe that calls for a lot of cardamon and cinnamon. Those two really stand out, and it does leave my tongue feeling a little dry. Other than that, I really enjoy it – the overall experience is worth it!

Love this tea. Yes, it has the taste of cinnamon “redhot” candies, but I love those! It is warm and sweet, smells of cinnamon and has a very calming effect. Just the smell of it puts me in a better frame of mind. Good for any time of the day, it is decaf.

I am very new to tea. my wife bout me this tea at Teavana. It smells very strong but very nice. The cinnamon and spicy pepper notes really come out. I usually steep for a bit longer than recommended and its perfect. I also usually re steep at least once and it is still very tasty.

So far my favorite Teavana tea. I remember when I first came in asking for their finest Chais. I smelt this tea and instantly put it on a pedestal. Unfortunately I left with another tea because the price seemed a bit too “steep.” Then come Christmas I bought it in bulk and have been drinking it almost daily.

Other notes are right to compare it to big red as there is a very strong cinnamon flavor, but the taste is more complicated then that. If I were you and found myself in a Teavana store, I would ask to have a whiff. It tastes like it smells, and it is Amazing.

I normally don’t put anything in it, and stick to the directions on the tin. It also tastes good with a little bit of sugar, and since it’s a white tea I’m not so paranoid of it staining my teeth.

Right before my auditions, a nice bronchodilator and a tasty low-caffine white tea.