Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Nutty, Salt, Soybean, Vegetal, Green Beans, Spinach, Toasted Rice, Peach, Roasted, Chestnut, Tangy, Bitter, Sweet, Vegetables, Seaweed, Roasted nuts, Butter, Asparagus
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “All I can say is, wooooooooooooooow! I really enjoyed this tonight. We went to the Asian buffet and got take out. I had made two steeps of this before we left the house and poured it in my...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 2198 tasting notes
  • “I agree with the other reviews – this is good. What I really want to mention is this is the best example of why I love to use a clear glass vessel when I steep. The leaf is so interesting. It...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1691 tasting notes
  • “Small, twisty dark green leaves with a nutty brewed aroma and pale green colour. Tastes sweet, and somewhat like spinach, green beans and nuts. Fresh and lively, sweet and nutty – very tasty...” Read full tasting note
    caile 292 tasting notes
  • “It’s been a cold few days. Pups are very clingy heat leeches lately. :) THere’s nothing like a hot cup of tea on a cold day. It just warms you from the belly out. This is a...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 525 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Lushan Mountain (庐山) in Jiangxi Porvince, China

Ingredients: Pure tea leaves

Harvest time: April 10, 2014

Taste: brisk and refreshing, heavy sweet flavor with light roasted chestnut fragrance. Has sweet aftertaste and long-lasting brisk fragrance in your mouth

Health Benefits: Just like all green teas, our Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea has high levels of antioxidants that reputedly help reduce the incidence of cancer, promote good skin tone and help reduce the affects of aging. Also containing vitamin C, fluoride and calcium, TeaVivre’s TaiPing HouKui also promotes healthy teeth and bones.

About Teavivre View company

An OMGsrsly sample.

This one is a pleasure to drink, with a decent second steep. It’s a nice accompaniment to my nothing day. I also lately discovered that Radiohead released a new album. It pairs well too. All I have to do is open this Haruki Murakami book (After Dark) sitting here and the day is set for disconnectedness. Wow.

This tea is nutty, vegetal, and then tangy-sweet, kind of like an unripe apricot or some lemon juice. I’m now going to move onto something more lively.

Flavors: Chestnut, Spinach, Tangy

I requested that this tea be swapped for another that I already owned when I was first offered the sample flight, all for which I’m grateful. Thank you, Angel!

Taken grandpa-style in a glass.

This tea fits the tone of mid/late-spring. I like the appearance of the dry leaf: short, dark green curls. The aroma of the dry leaf is buttery and savory, like a deeply steamed sencha. Of the wet leaf and the liquor, there are sweet notes of sugar snap peas and beans. The liquor is clear, pale green with a creamy texture. Flavorful, tastes briskly fresh, has sweetly vegetal notes, notably beany. Heavy feeling for a green tea.

This is the first time I’ve had a Lu Shan Yun Wu and it’s a good first experience. The heavy/buttery quality in green teas isn’t to my liking, but it’s not exactly repulsive. This is of good quality, one to enjoy every day.

175 °F / 79 °C 2 tsp 11 OZ / 325 ML

The 2014 harvest of this tea was MIND BLOWING – fantastic! I have been drinking from a half gallon to a gallon of green tea a day, every day, for the past six years and this was one of my all time favorites. It was a lovely, intense green with a rich, almost meaty complexity, with an amazing aroma – smooth and sweet.

That said, the 2015 and 2016 harvests have been disappointing. The Lu Shan Yun Wu from these last two harvests lacks depth and complexity of the former years, the color is not very green, and the only flavor I really get now is smoke. Kind of tastes like a Gunpowder tea in that regard.

Sadly, I cannot recommend the 2015/2016 versions of this tea. I am now going to Amazing Green Tea to get it, but it costs so much more there I cannot get very much.

170 °F / 76 °C 1 min, 15 sec 8 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Another free sample from the ever generous Angel and teavivre. Spinach, green beans…..a little bitterness but a really nice cup.

Thank you for the samples!

an ok tea.

little pitcher method (grandpa style):

when I smell the leaves dry, they smell like veggies and pepper.

when I smell the leaves wet, the smell is intensified.

when I smell the brewed tea, it smells sweet and like veggies.

when I taste the brewed tea, it tastes sweet and like veggies.

the reason I give it a 50, is because it tastes too much like veggies and gets bitter fast.

I shall share the 2nd pack with a friend

many thanks to angel teavivre for this free sample :)

Flavors: Bitter, Sweet, Vegetables, Vegetal

200 °F / 93 °C 7 g 9 OZ / 260 ML

What a beautiful green tea…. Such pretty leaves to look at! I may have accidentally slightly oversteeped this as it was a tad bitter, but that’s on me. I will try again because even slightly bitter this was so fresh and clean tasting….I don’t even know.

And the smell. Yum. Teavivre spoils me with their green teas!

Thank you for the sample!

Additional notes: I wanted to try this one again with two teaspoons (the last steep session used one teaspoon and it was a little light – I knew the flavors would be better closer to Teavivre’s parameters.) So with almost the same temperature and steep time that I used last, there is an improvement. This is the BEST green tea!! This is the green tea for me, that is for sure. Two teaspoons is the sweet spot for a 11-12 ounce mug. The flavor is stronger and nuttier and sweet and unique without being astringent or bitter. Basically the same as with one teaspoon but bursting with flavor. The best green tea flavor! I’d definitely use two teaspoons in the future. It’s perfect. I really wish Teavivre would sell more of their teas in 50 gram amounts (or even 25 grams) because I could stock up on ALL of their awesome green teas, but I’d rather keep stocking up on them with fresh 25-50 gram pouches!
Steep #1 // 2 tsps. // 32 minutes after boiling // 55 second steep
Steep #2 // 28 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep

I have one tiny little packet of this left, so I opened it this morning.

Green, nutty, vegetal, a little sharp and astringent, but otherwise not too demanding. This is a decent green, and I might as well drink down some more greens before it gets too cold to enjoy them!

Thank you TeaVivre for the green tea samples for review!

This is a very yummy one. It reminds me of my favorite rich and creamy Laoshan green tea, but with more fresh crisp asparagus flavor! Very fresh and sweet and delicious :D

This was fantastic!!! I opened the packaged and reveled these glistening moss agate curls. They were so cute and fragile. The smell was intoxicating. It was a deep rich vegetal aroma. I placed them inside my warm kyusu and waited. The aroma deepened into a robust nut and seaweed scent. I brewed up a cup and was taken back. The initial sip was a thick sweet and bold soup. This green tea is slightly spicy with deep chestnut tones. The flavor continued consistent for several steepings. I am in love with this companies spring teas! This one was fantastic and deeply rich!

Flavors: Chestnut, Nutty, Seaweed, Spinach