Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Chestnut, Nutty, Roasted nuts, Sweet, Butter, Vegetal
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “All I can say is, wooooooooooooooow! I really enjoyed this tonight. We went to the Asian buffet and got take out. I had made two steeps of this before we left the house and poured it in my...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1876 tasting notes
  • “I agree with the other reviews - this is good. What I really want to mention is this is the best example of why I love to use a clear glass vessel when I steep. The leaf is so interesting. It...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1410 tasting notes
  • “Small, twisty dark green leaves with a nutty brewed aroma and pale green colour. Tastes sweet, and somewhat like spinach, green beans and nuts. Fresh and lively, sweet and nutty - very tasty and...” Read full tasting note
    caile 198 tasting notes
  • “It's been a cold few days. Pups are very clingy heat leeches lately. :) THere's nothing like a hot cup of tea on a cold day. It just warms you from the belly out. This is a particularly...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Lushan Mountain (庐山) in Jiangxi Porvince, China

Ingredients: Pure tea leaves

Harvest time: April 10, 2014

Taste: brisk and refreshing, heavy sweet flavor with light roasted chestnut fragrance. Has sweet aftertaste and long-lasting brisk fragrance in your mouth

Health Benefits: Just like all green teas, our Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea has high levels of antioxidants that reputedly help reduce the incidence of cancer, promote good skin tone and help reduce the affects of aging. Also containing vitamin C, fluoride and calcium, TeaVivre’s TaiPing HouKui also promotes healthy teeth and bones.

About Teavivre View company

Thank you ANGEL for these generous samples! I have never tried this before, so I was excited to try it today. Opening the silver packet, I saw small, dark green, powdery spiral leaves. It smelled so delicious and green and fresh! WOW! It was even nutty smelling, kind of like a darker oolong.

Upon steeping, I steeped for 45 seconds and saw that the liquid was a light-medium yellow. It smelled great and seaweed-like. YUM! It tasted excellent. There was a good amount of character to the taste. Mildly nutty, dark, green, fresh, and vegetal. I love it. There is no bitterness to it at all, which is a huge plus. Overall a great tea! I will have to add this to my staple greens.

Tea provided by Teavivre for review

Smelling the dry leaf to get a sense of what to expect, I picked up on a sweet, grassy, fragrance with a hint of melon.

The Initial sip was nice but not too flavorful aside from a hint of musky (?) green tea flavor. Until the sweet and grassy notes appeared during the aftertaste. A nice vegetal buttery flavor lingers during the aftertaste as well. Finishing off my first steep, the initial steeps always seem nice; no bitterness, bad flavor, clear liquor. But much of the flavor I like takes time to develop in my mouth.

Second steep brought more flavor to my initial sips. The sweet, grassy, vegetal characteristics come together and their fragrance from the tea cup is enjoyable.

Third steep had a refined, well balanced blend of the previous flavours. Everything I excepted from the after taste was present during the initial sipping. It was a bit dry, but otherwise nothing negative stood out.

I haven’t tried Lu Shan Wu before but I like it. It’s fairly easy for me to steep (sometimes I have to experiment to get a good cup, and this wasn’t fussy), and the tea has a nice balance between being flavorful but not in an overly obnoxious way. It’s more relaxing than refreshing, and has a heavier body than what I might expect.

Tea steeps: rise, 25s, 45s, 55s

180 °F / 82 °C 1 tsp 3 OZ / 85 ML

Deliciously fresh smelling green tea with a sweet and somewhat grassy flavour.

I just received another lovely package of samples from Teavivre, and decided to try this one first. I do not think I’ve ever had this varietal before, so I’m looking forward to it!

First thoughts on opening the package – it’s super fresh smelling, and leaves are small and curly.
First sip- this tastes like Laoshan green! Very soy beany and buttery. This tea has a favorite note for me- sesame seed oil. This tea is delicious! I followed Teavivre’s recommendation of 3 minutes, and I think that may be too long. It was a little bitter towards the end.
The second steep of 4 minutes is very different from the first. Not nearly a s sweet, with a great deal of nuttiness. I prefer the first steep. I will try it with a shorter steep next time.

Bean-like in scent and flavour of the brewed tea. Spinach note. Mineral tones.

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 3 tsp
caile

I’m drinking this right now too. : )

Raritea

Sip sisters! :)

It’s hard to believe, but only six months ago, I had never even heard of Lu Shan Yun Wu. Thanks to Teavivre, I made the happy acquaintance of this tea, and now we shall be together for an entire 100 gram bag. I was craving this tea yesterday, and again today! My epiphany of yesterday (it was not possible to write tasting notes because of server problems) was that if Long Jing and Mao Feng mated, their progeny would be adorable little Lu Shan Yun Wu coils!

Seriously, this tea offers the best of both worlds: buttery and silken and chestnutty, but also green and fresh. I let today’s two-glass tetsubin oversteep a bit and determined that a longer steep moves the liquor closer to Mao Feng, while a shorter steep yields a very faint and gentle brew. So glad that I gave this tea a second try a while back, when I had understeeped and underleafed.

The more high-quality, loose-leaf tea I drink, the more I become convinced that brewing parameters are key to the outcome! Provided, of course, that the product is good, which this one certainly is. The dried tea is not only fragrant and fresh but also beautiful to behold.

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 30 sec 5 g 18 OZ / 532 ML
Ubacat

Sounds delicious! Right up my alley.

sherapop

Ubacat: it’s very good. It did take me a while to figure it out, but now this is a serious lunchtime contender. It’s hard to believe now, looking back, that the only green tea I drank consistently in the past was sencha!