Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Butter
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “All I can say is, wooooooooooooooow! I really enjoyed this tonight. We went to the Asian buffet and got take out. I had made two steeps of this before we left the house and poured it in my...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1795 tasting notes
  • “I agree with the other reviews - this is good. What I really want to mention is this is the best example of why I love to use a clear glass vessel when I steep. The leaf is so interesting. It...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1246 tasting notes
  • “Small, twisty dark green leaves with a nutty brewed aroma and pale green colour. Tastes sweet, and somewhat like spinach, green beans and nuts. Fresh and lively, sweet and nutty - very tasty and...” Read full tasting note
    caile 155 tasting notes
  • “It's been a cold few days. Pups are very clingy heat leeches lately. :) THere's nothing like a hot cup of tea on a cold day. It just warms you from the belly out. This is a particularly...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 500 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Lushan Mountain (庐山) in Jiangxi Porvince, China

Ingredients: Pure tea leaves

Harvest time: April 10, 2014

Taste: brisk and refreshing, heavy sweet flavor with light roasted chestnut fragrance. Has sweet aftertaste and long-lasting brisk fragrance in your mouth

Health Benefits: Just like all green teas, our Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea has high levels of antioxidants that reputedly help reduce the incidence of cancer, promote good skin tone and help reduce the affects of aging. Also containing vitamin C, fluoride and calcium, TeaVivre’s TaiPing HouKui also promotes healthy teeth and bones.

About Teavivre View company

I just received another lovely package of samples from Teavivre, and decided to try this one first. I do not think I’ve ever had this varietal before, so I’m looking forward to it!

First thoughts on opening the package – it’s super fresh smelling, and leaves are small and curly.
First sip- this tastes like Laoshan green! Very soy beany and buttery. This tea has a favorite note for me- sesame seed oil. This tea is delicious! I followed Teavivre’s recommendation of 3 minutes, and I think that may be too long. It was a little bitter towards the end.
The second steep of 4 minutes is very different from the first. Not nearly a s sweet, with a great deal of nuttiness. I prefer the first steep. I will try it with a shorter steep next time.

Bean-like in scent and flavour of the brewed tea. Spinach note. Mineral tones.

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 3 tsp
caile

I’m drinking this right now too. : )

Raritea

Sip sisters! :)

I was looking forward to my first experience of the Teavivre Lu Shan Yun Wu, my second encounter with this particular green tea. The crispy, wiry leaves are a beautiful tealish-dark slate color, and to my surprise, they smell like a fresh-baked pastry!

I brewed up a large pot, and the first glass was delicious. I drank it alongside toasted English muffins slathered with butter. A very harmonious pairing!

Unfortunately, I discovered upon pouring the next glass that I had not properly prepared my new tetsubin (just arrived today). I had run a bunch of hot water through it, followed by boiling water, but I did follow the instructions and wipe it dry. As a result, after the first glass the tea still in the pot began leeching off the residual black enamel, turning the liquor a somewhat scary brownish gray color. Naturally I dumped the rest of this pot. However, since I used the deep infuser basket, this afternoon I am going to try a second infusion of the already infused leaves, which smell very fragrant and full of potential..

If that doesn’t work, I am relieved that Angel graced me with a second generous sample of this tea, so I’ll be able to brew up a large pot again in the not-too-distant future.

A propos of tetsubin: I have several, in various sizes. I realize that some people complain about the “made in China” variety, but I have not noticed a huge difference in quality between the Unity teapots (distributed by Old Dutch), and the ones made in Japan. The Unity tetsubin are FDA certified lead free, so I am assuming that even if I drank some of the black enamel coating today, it did not poison me. Well, let’s hope not!

No rating yet… but the first glass of this Lu Shan Yun Wu from Teavivre was excellent!

second infusion: This worked fine with a resultant brighter yellow liquor and full flavor. I poured all of the glasses out of the tetsubin just to make sure that the same problem would occur. So now my new tetsubin appears finally to be clean and I’ll be able to enjoy the first infusion of this tea again in the not-too-distant future….

Flavors: Butter