Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Butter, Vegetal
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “All I can say is, wooooooooooooooow! I really enjoyed this tonight. We went to the Asian buffet and got take out. I had made two steeps of this before we left the house and poured it in my...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1848 tasting notes
  • “I agree with the other reviews - this is good. What I really want to mention is this is the best example of why I love to use a clear glass vessel when I steep. The leaf is so interesting. It...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1357 tasting notes
  • “Small, twisty dark green leaves with a nutty brewed aroma and pale green colour. Tastes sweet, and somewhat like spinach, green beans and nuts. Fresh and lively, sweet and nutty - very tasty and...” Read full tasting note
    caile 181 tasting notes
  • “It's been a cold few days. Pups are very clingy heat leeches lately. :) THere's nothing like a hot cup of tea on a cold day. It just warms you from the belly out. This is a particularly...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 518 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Lushan Mountain (庐山) in Jiangxi Porvince, China

Ingredients: Pure tea leaves

Harvest time: April 10, 2014

Taste: brisk and refreshing, heavy sweet flavor with light roasted chestnut fragrance. Has sweet aftertaste and long-lasting brisk fragrance in your mouth

Health Benefits: Just like all green teas, our Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea has high levels of antioxidants that reputedly help reduce the incidence of cancer, promote good skin tone and help reduce the affects of aging. Also containing vitamin C, fluoride and calcium, TeaVivre’s TaiPing HouKui also promotes healthy teeth and bones.

About Teavivre View company

I just received another lovely package of samples from Teavivre, and decided to try this one first. I do not think I’ve ever had this varietal before, so I’m looking forward to it!

First thoughts on opening the package – it’s super fresh smelling, and leaves are small and curly.
First sip- this tastes like Laoshan green! Very soy beany and buttery. This tea has a favorite note for me- sesame seed oil. This tea is delicious! I followed Teavivre’s recommendation of 3 minutes, and I think that may be too long. It was a little bitter towards the end.
The second steep of 4 minutes is very different from the first. Not nearly a s sweet, with a great deal of nuttiness. I prefer the first steep. I will try it with a shorter steep next time.

Bean-like in scent and flavour of the brewed tea. Spinach note. Mineral tones.

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 3 tsp
caile

I’m drinking this right now too. : )

Raritea

Sip sisters! :)

It’s hard to believe, but only six months ago, I had never even heard of Lu Shan Yun Wu. Thanks to Teavivre, I made the happy acquaintance of this tea, and now we shall be together for an entire 100 gram bag. I was craving this tea yesterday, and again today! My epiphany of yesterday (it was not possible to write tasting notes because of server problems) was that if Long Jing and Mao Feng mated, their progeny would be adorable little Lu Shan Yun Wu coils!

Seriously, this tea offers the best of both worlds: buttery and silken and chestnutty, but also green and fresh. I let today’s two-glass tetsubin oversteep a bit and determined that a longer steep moves the liquor closer to Mao Feng, while a shorter steep yields a very faint and gentle brew. So glad that I gave this tea a second try a while back, when I had understeeped and underleafed.

The more high-quality, loose-leaf tea I drink, the more I become convinced that brewing parameters are key to the outcome! Provided, of course, that the product is good, which this one certainly is. The dried tea is not only fragrant and fresh but also beautiful to behold.

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 30 sec 5 g 18 OZ / 532 ML
Ubacat

Sounds delicious! Right up my alley.

sherapop

Ubacat: it’s very good. It did take me a while to figure it out, but now this is a serious lunchtime contender. It’s hard to believe now, looking back, that the only green tea I drank consistently in the past was sencha!