Red Rocks

Rooibos Tea
Cherry, Creamy, Tart, Tobacco, Rooibos, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by mindala
Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 9 oz / 271 ml

From The Tea Spot

Our blend of naturally caffeine–free South African red rooibos, vanilla, and almond bits is an herbal delight! Rooibos is full of antioxidants and healthy minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, and fluoride. It has a wonderfully smooth flavor, and is a great cold buster as well as thirst quencher. It brews into a dark red liquor and has a naturally sweet, earthy scent, reminiscent of pipe–tobacco. You cannot over–steep this tea (the longer the better!) and it is fantastic by itself, or with cream and a bit of sweetener. Red Rocks is the perfect, healthy, all-around herbal tea – a favorite amongst athletes and as mom’s choice for children.

About The Tea Spot View company

The rooibos is a lighter color in this one than my other two and that seems to make for a different taste. It’s still woody like redwood smells and reminiscent of tobacco. It’s not as sweet and seems to be missing the raisin note, but ends with a high spice like note. The vanilla is also weaker than my other teas but very creamy. It’s still done rather well as it competes strongly with the rooibos but drowns out the almond a bit. This almond is pretty subtle and mostly comes through more as an after taste.

Awee Missy you and Dylan get well soon! Drink a ton of green tea and have some raw unpasturized honey and REAL cinnamon (not that cassia stuff you get in the store) … anyway what ever you do – stay well and rest.

Thank you for your well wishes! It’s not really bad other than making my beloved past time harder to enjoy. Le sigh, I think I may be addicted to tea.

Ya think? lol

you’re in the right place… ;-)

hehe I just had to test them out. I have a couple of honeybush teas I thought would be nice to end with too. :D

Thanks for this one, QueenofTarts. I can’t say that I will ever love the taste of rooibos, it seems a little medicinal to me, almost like cough syrup? But I am still looking for things to drink without caffeine sometimes, plus now I hear it is good for people with asthma and allergies, I have both so I believe it’s worth a try.

This is one of the better red rooibos blends I have had, I don’t so much taste a lot of almonds but the vanilla is there. It was very good with soymilk as a kind of dessert tea. I’m not sure I would buy it for myself but I did enjoy trying it.

Steeped for 3.5 mins with boiling water.

Sipdown, 241.

Can you over-leaf a rooibos? This sample has been sitting around for far too long and I wanted to use it up, so I used 50% more than I normally would have for my pot. It’s not like it’s going to go bitter.

I figure this one will be similar to the other almond/marzipan rooibos teas I’ve had in the past. I think that nutty rooibos is the way to go for me, as I can never really get behind fruity rooibos.

Ok, maaaybe I shouldn’t be eating speculoos cookies with this, but speculoos cookies! Oh well, they are only making it taste better. This is pretty creamy and almondy, although even with the overleafing not particularly strong; it is possible that the flavors have diminished over a while, though it was in an airtight pouch. Yup, me and rooibos are not best buds, but it’s ok for an evening pot of tea that won’t keep me up.

I like this a lot. Normally, I like rooibos blends best when I can’t taste the rooibos, but, here I can taste the rooibos, but with the almond and vanilla, it works. And it works very well! This is really yummy.

Really glad I decided to try this tonight, so yummy!

Backlogging tea from last night. Simple but good. The vanilla isn’t super strong, and I really think the almonds don’t add much flavor as the red rooibis is pretty srong on its own. Still, not too bad for a non-caffeine infusion before sleeping. It is one of my favorite versions of rooibos, but I think I like Bourbon Sttreet Vanilla Rooibos better.

Red rocks and Missy rocks!! Thank you so much for the sample.
This is my first red Rooibos and I think I kinda like it. It threw me off at first because it is actually almost salty. I will have to try it again though,  because I had been eating salty chips prior to drinking the tea. I could have cross contaminated. Haha. But after half cup in,  I really enjoyed it. Creamy and a little sweet but not overpowering, this red blend changes my mind about a previous statement in which I had said I don’t like Rooibos.
Thank you again Missy.

Glad you liked it. :D

I had seen The Tea Spot company in person at a farmer’s market in Boulder… never sampled or purchased on my own. My friend gave me a tin of their Earl Grey tea for my birthday.. and it was delicious. The name “Red Rocks” has a special place in my heart because I have been there many times, once to see the gorgeous sunrise! I love rooibos tea and rooibos + vanilla + nuts sounded too good to pass up! The cup was surprisingly mild. I didn’t taste necessarily a creamy dessert tea, but it was a nice woodsy, slightly sweet cup. Thank you Brandy!

Thanks to Brandy3392 for this one. I don’t have a lot of rooibos tasting under my palette by I’m finding this to be extremely tasty. I can’t really taste the almond but the vanilla is awesome. It reminds me a lot of the Tazo rooibos vanilla which is very tasty as well. I get to the comparison to a vanilla tobacco. Very good!

I definitely had my doubts about this one; it was a free sample with an order, and for the past few months I haven’t really been digging the taste of rooibos. The smell isn’t anything special, either, so I figured this would be just like Adagio’s barely-flavored rooibos sample pack. But… it’s good! It’s really good! The rooibos flavor is for the most part covered up by a really surprising creaminess. I was pretty shocked with the first sip, since it tastes just like someone added a lot of creamer. The almond is there, too, but much more subtly.

This is a nice pick if you, like me, want to love rooibos but aren’t a fan of it without flavoring.