Irish Breakfast Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Joker

• “I usually drink this bagged tea only in decaf, but today called for caf, so I yoinked a bag from my hubby's stash. (I don't know how he brews it for 5 min - after 3 it was looking plenty dark...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2415 tasting notes
  • “I'm not gung-ho on bagged teas generally, but I was looking for a cheap, decent black tea mainly to try for cold brewing. I had this about 7.5 years ago, and I thought it was O.K. I decided to have...” Read full tasting note
    ScottTeaMan 101 tasting notes
  • “I have *KeenTeaThyme* to thank for sending me a bag of this. Thank you! Twinings is a company (or shall I say "are companies"?) that confuse me. It seems like there are two different...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4323 tasting notes
  • “I'm sure I have had this at some point in history. I can't find any notes I've ever written about it. It is one of the half dozen Twinings teas that have always been on the local grocer's shelves....” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1251 tasting notes

From Twinings

A strong, full-bodied black tea from the regions of Ceylon and Assam expertly blended with a hearty flavor and delightful aroma.

The Irish really love their tea and are amongst the most frequent drinkers of tea around the world. In celebration of this tea drinking tradition, Twinings blended a special Irish Breakfast Blend. This tea is best taken with milk and sweetened to taste to bring out the best flavor.

About Twinings View company

this might be my favorite morning tea. i love it so much. i don’t like it strong at all. i like it VERY weak with a little bit of sugar.

Definitely a powdered Assam/Nilgiri blend. As expected its not top of the shelf, but pretty good when taken the price in consideration. Its real black tea, so you need to take care not to overbrew it at all, tastes best as it is and with a twist of lemon.

I bought the black tea sample pack from Twinings and was introduced to this beauty. This is a very yummy black tea. Some days I prefer it to English Breakfast. It is very rich and excellent for morning and afternoon.

As far as Irish breakfast teas go, this was pretty mild. I probably should give it another chance since I was drinking it at 2 am during a youth group lock-in.

This is a solid morning tea, not too strong but enough to get me out of the fog. I had it with milk and honey this morning. The honey gave it a strange after taste, but overall it was pleasant.

Nothing jumps out except for the brand name.

Tasted pretty acidic and dry, but that would be your normal run of the mill breakfast blend.

Full review here: http://theteablag.blogspot.com/2011/01/when-in-rome-drink-with-irish.html

This is a wholly adequate morning tea, especially given the circumstances.

Woke up this morning with a terrible head cold, but with a deadline at work, I couldn’t exactly call in.

I needed a good tea this morning. One that would give a swift kick in the groin and get me going.

I don’t have many options at work. Found a box of this hiding in our kitchen, filled a mug with tap water, heated it in the microwave (a little concerned about superheating, so I can’t be sure what the temperature was), steeped for 3:30, found some skim milk in the fridge and added a packet of splenda.

Ahh…Just what I needed. A nice, thick, hearty tea with just the right jolt and no bitterness. I can’t believe it didn’t end up tasting like raw sewage. I’m looking forward to seeing what this’ll do when I take the time to brew this properly.

I will definitely be having more of this today.

My everday tea when I travel. An excellent wake-me-up. Hard to oversteep, this tea is very tolerant. I serve mine with 1/2 and 1/2.

Very smooth black tea. I was surprised- I was expecting it to have much more of a bite of astringency to it. But it played nicely. Of all the UK breakfast teas I’ve tried- English, Scottish, and Irish, I find this to be the best.

Its amazing!My friend and i drink it with french vanilla cream which makes it taste incredible!Its near a cappuccino but still tastes like a tea