Herbal Tea
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

2 Images

• “A few cups of this tonight has definitely helped, as I try to rid my bedroom of bedbugs. How did I get them? Zero idea. No one else has them in the house, just like when lice makes the rounds......” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1175 tasting notes
  • “One more sample from *MissB* (there's a lot of them!) My throat started feeling a little weird yesterday, not bad, just not normal. Then out of nowhere I got a nosebleed last night, and more of a...” Read full tasting note
    sarahk2882 36 tasting notes
  • “Usually when I feel a cold coming on, I can attack it with raw foods and this tea...last night I wasn't so lucky. I started getting a runny rose at around 10pm so I threw together a cup of this...I...” Read full tasting note
    whisperingpinestea 63 tasting notes
  • “Picked this one tonight because it is caffeine free, I'm not actually sick. This is an interesting tea, tasting strongly of ginger and spices as well as honey. I added honey so I am not sure how...” Read full tasting note
    AllanK 374 tasting notes

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

About the Tea
Clari Tea was created to be the ultimate cold-fighting tea. Anytime your body isn’t feeling at 100%, wether you have a cold, allergies, a stomachache, headache, or just need that extra immunity boost, reach for Clari Tea! Steeping this tea longer will increase its healing potential, and adding raw honey will increase its antibacterial properties.

At Whispering Pines, this is our ultimate healing tea! Cheers to wellness!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. However, you should evaluate it yourself because it might just work! =)

Notes
Sweet
Berry
Ginger
Eucalyptus

How to brew the perfect cup:
Steep 1/2 tablespoon of leaves

Eucalyptus Leaf

Caffeine Content
Caffeine-free!

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

How did I get them? Zero idea. No one else has them in the house, just like when lice makes the rounds… I’m the only one who gets it. Sigh. Of course, the bites took over for a day or two, so I bought out the big guns: spray, some sort of earth I need to learn how to spell and write, new bed bug covers for all beds and pillows, bleach wipes, steam mop. Somewhere along the line, I inhaled and/or ingested some of the spray, called Poison Control, was told what I’d grabbed was the least offensive of the sprays available, and that I was likely allergic to the base of the spray — of all things, chrysanthemum. Cool!

So I drank a crapload of tea (of course, Clari Tea to the rescue!) had a really hot, long shower, and will be sleeping in the living room tonight while the fumes dissipate.

So, lovely Steepsterites — have I missed anything? Any suggestions?

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Josh Buteau

I’m sorry for your weekend ending the way it is has, but i guess it could always be something more severe than bed bugs. As a recommendation i would make sure to wash your clothes well. if you have a HE washing machine, set it to sanitize that should help quite a bit:)

TheTeaFairy

OMG, what a nightmare, so sorry to hear that. Have you stayed in a hotel lately? I heard once that many good hotels have them and it’s very easy to carry them back in your home with you without even knowing. I really hope the treatment works for you and that you now feel better.

Dustin

I wonder if diatamecious earth would work. It is finely ground fossils that are prettty harmless to humans bug deadly to a lot of bugs.
One summer in nashville I got bitten by fleas 87 times. One other person in the house was bitten twice and that was it. It was awful and I’m sorry to hear you are having to deal with biting bugs too.

Dustin

but deadly, not bug deadly. I guess it is bug deadly too tho.

MissB

I did grab some of that earth (the one I couldn’t spell) and will do that later. I did stay in a hotel for my birthday last weekend, and thus where I likely got them from.

Thanks Josh! I’ve only got a crappy washer, but it’s on as hot as it can go, and everything in the house is getting washed today/tomorrow, after the laminate floors dry up from their steam cleaning.

MissB

And yes, I too am the one who gets bitten 87 times and no one else does. I drove to Northern Saskatchewan a few summers ago, and the person I was with never got bitten, whereas I was covered in bites and developed an allergy I’m told from there. Not fun!

One more sample from MissB (there’s a lot of them!)
My throat started feeling a little weird yesterday, not bad, just not normal. Then out of nowhere I got a nosebleed last night, and more of a sore throat today… so as I surveyed the pile of samples to choose my tea for tonight, I knew I had to give this one a try. Normally I catch everything that’s going around, so I’m really hoping this will fight off the germs and keep me well. The good news is it doesn’t taste bad! I wasn’t sure what to expect since it’s more of a medicinal tea, and I’m not typically a big fan of ginger, but surprisingly I enjoyed this. Of course I’ll stick with sweeter, yummier teas most of the time, but if this helps me avoid getting sick I’ll definitely stock up!

Boiling 8 min or more
Whispering Pines Tea Company

This tea is my best friend when I’m beginning to feel something coming on. Hope it helps you too! :)

MissB

I love this tea. I hope it helps you kick whatever yuck was plaguing you.

Usually when I feel a cold coming on, I can attack it with raw foods and this tea…last night I wasn’t so lucky. I started getting a runny rose at around 10pm so I threw together a cup of this…I usually steep it for 8-10 minutes when I just want to enjoy it but when I’m all-out attack-mode on a cold, I make this BOLD.

I steeped 2 tablespoons in 8 oz of water for 25 minutes – perfectly suitable for a Bacteria Holocaust. The post-infusion color was puerh-purple and the taste was intense enough to make me feel like a total BA just by drinking it. Well…turns out I was too late and the cold had launched a full-fledged attack on me at that point.

Decided to take a hot shower with a netipot while steeping another cup. I coughed in the middle of draining my sinuses, causing me to choke and because both of my nostrils were blocked off – whatever fluid was in my nose/sinus area went straight to my inner ear. My ears felt like a bass drum went off inside them, I dropped the netipot, completely lost my equilibrium and fell over. After that I got up and finished the shower, feeling okay. Drank my second cup of Clari Tea as well as a chamomile honey and ginger tea I threw together and went to sleep. It was 1am at this point. Well…I fell asleep really fast, but work up at around 3:30 with the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my ears. They were ringing and I had no hearing. Got up to get a drink of water and couldn’t walk. I’m quite certain I blew my eardrums.

So I’ve been up since 3:30 with 2.5 hours of sleep listening to ringing in my right ear and silence in my left with searing pain in both. I still can’t walk very well.

Hopefully I get to see a doctor today. :/

Boiling 8 min or more
KittyKat88

Oh no! Ear problems are the worst, take it from someone who has had a bunch of them. (and you could attest to that as well right now I’m sure.) They may drain your ear, which can hurt while they are doing it but especially with a cold will feel great when they are done. Like; I can hear everything! Super ears! I hope you feel better soon and really do go to the doctor, or you will walk around tilting crazily all day from lack of inner ear balance.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

I’ve been researching it…and this is apparently a very common problem with netipot use :( …i managed to clear my left ear using nasonex spray and gently pushing on the outer ear with my palm…but my right ear is posing a more difficult problem…it’s getting there though! I’m probably still going to see a doc though

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Wow…I just blew my nose and my ear goes: “tttssssssssshhhhhhh” …like a school bus stopping. haha

KittyKat88

lol yeah that happens when your ears are messed up. Its like releasing pressure from an air lock. xD. I’ve never had that happen when I use a netipot, but I’ll make sure to be extra careful it doesn’t. lol.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

I’m doing much better now, but still not how I should be! Lots of ginger, chamomile, and green tea today…still ringing in my right ear though :/

Picked this one tonight because it is caffeine free, I’m not actually sick. This is an interesting tea, tasting strongly of ginger and spices as well as honey. I added honey so I am not sure how much of what I taste is the tea. The spices give it a zesty flavor.

I brewed this once in an 18oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 5 min.

Flavors: Ginger

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 18 OZ / 532 ML
AllanK

I didn’t give this a rating because I don’t know what to compare it too, it is good.

First sip…. ahhh, comfort. Notes of honey, and a spice that while mild feels like it would relieve congestion. It has some flavor I can’t place but reminds me of something familiar… I could see myself drinking this all day when I’m not feeling well. A perfect tea for a gloomy, rainy day in the District.

Flavors: Ginger, Honey, Spices

I am writing this from bed, happily soothed by this unbelievably beautiful tea.

I am seriously astonished by this tea. It really floored me. I mix a lot of my own herbals, and to get the kind of depth that this tea brings to the table, I usually have to do a 4-8 hour infusion. Even though the tasting notes say sweet, I got a very deep savoriness from this. It reminds me of my slow-simmered bone broth. This is a very good thing: it has the same kind of feel and healing weight of a rich stock.

I brewed this tea, and decided to drink it out in my backyard. It is a cool, gloomy afternoon, I think fall is finally at the doorstep – the clouds have taken that deeper tone of grey that comes with encroaching autumn. The crows, too, call a little more urgently and harshly, which seems to happen as they sense the air shifting. This day feels perfect for this tea, this deep, rich tea. Elderberries always evoke autumn for me, too.

Anyway. I plan on drinking a number of cups of this over the next few days, to try to kick out whatever virus has taken up full residence in my body for the last few weeks. Rest, tea, and some netflix binge-watching should set me up right.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

I’m glad you enjoyed this one! It’s one of my favorites :-)

Amy Herbal Mama

I can see why! It is really extraordinary, I am in awe of your tea-blending prowess, for sure. I hope you get into doing some more wellness-type teas, I will be first in line!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

:-) It’s high on the list. I’ve very picky with herbal blends, so it takes a long time for me to make new ones.

Starfevre

I first read this as “I brewed this tea and then decided to throw it out in my backyard” which I was like whoa, you hate it that much? Wow, I am tired. Good to see that you like it, I’ve heard good things about it.

I kept this from the herbal tea box, because I thought it might be useful someday. I don’t feel sick, I just feel sinus-y from all of the rain and yuck. When I smelled this in the pouch, it was so super strong, like a cough drop in tea form. I thought I would be drinking a “necessary evil” type thing. But I actually really like it. I think it’s the ginger. So if it helps unstuff me, great. I am enjoying it either way.

In other news, I am watching Ken Burns’ Civil War documentary. All of his stuff is disappearing from Netflix after June so I am racing the calendar. It is sort of driving me crazy though, there are a lot of celebrity voice overs, and I swear this guy’s voice is one of them http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001137/?ref_=tt_cl_t6 (his voice is distinctive) but he isn’t on the list.

Stephanie

I just started the Dust Bowl…not going to get through them all. Still angry at Netflix :/

Stephanie

I watched part of the Civil War, too.

Marzipan

I made it through almost two episodes of The Civil War last night.

goodness…i’m sloshy. missB sent this my way and it might be the first whispering pines tea that i really like. I blame the ginger, which seems to be my weakness in teas. I love that spiciness that it brings to the table. Always leaves me wanting more! more! I chose this one as my final cup for the evening in the hopes that it would relax me a little and help clear my head before bed. I’ve been fighting off getting sick for a few days now and i’m really trying to NOT get sick. This is making for a great evening cup though. Thanks MissB!

Final Count: 190 (sooo 6 sipdowns a day = reaching my goal for the end of the month…likely not going to happen..but maaaaybe if i work from home a couple days…maybe… heh)

Dexter

That of course is based on the assumption that there is no more tea in the mail to you….. ;))

VariaTEA

You are beating me! Must drink more tea!!

Also, how many Sil sized cups of tea have you had today?

Dexter….yeah I’ve resigned myself to not making my goal but hey, the closer I am to getting there, the sooner I can place an order in April! :)

VariaTEA…sooooo many….tooooo many… I’m sloshing all over. Lol

VariaTEA

Haha. I know that feeling :P. At least you hit your goal today. And…if you can go from 208 to 190 in a day, you can get to 140 in about a week. I have faith in you!

Haha only cause I had the day and woke up early. Work days I’m guessing only 2-3 a day

VariaTEA

Shhhh. Remain optimistic :)

MissB

It is a fantastic clearer-upper, and I’m so glad you liked it. :) As for the rest… y’all crack me up!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Glad you liked this one! It’s one of my favorites for when I’m not feeling 100% :)