drank Weeping Angel Tea by 52teas

Received a sample of this in a swap from someone but I’m afraid it’s been so long that I can’t recall who. It’s a miracle that I even got around to drinking it with a newborn around so let’s just focus on that!

Unfortunately I had no idea what flavored I was supposed to be tasting as I drank this, since the description was wiped out on this new version of Steepster. So I was going in blind.
It reminded me a bit of Kusmi’s Caramel tea. No popcorn or buttery toffee taste that I noticed. (I looked it up right now on the website). I found the flavoring very mellow and subtle, which can be looked at two ways -

1) since when I was pregnant I was immensely turned off by the smell of all my flavored teas, the fact that this wasn’t super flavored (aka fake/chemical) tasting to me may be a good thing
2) I kinda wish it had been more tasty…buttered toffee caramel corn sounds delish.

This tea is at least a year old since I received it before I got pregnant, so that might have something to do with the lack of amazing tastiness, but from what I recall of the 52teas I’ve tried, most have underwhelmed me anyway.

edited to add: I should probably comment on the Dr. Who-ness of this blend. I don’t get it, Weeping Angels don’t go well with delicious caramel popcorn in my mind. But I suppose I wouldn’t drink evil, pigeon poop flavored pu’erh tea anyway (because pu’erh tastes like fishy dirt to me, so there’s an association I can back!!)

Flavors: Caramel

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Courtney

If you scroll about halfway down the tea page, the description is there :)

whatshesaid