My swap with OMGsrsly arrived today, much to my delight!

This was one of the wonderful teas she included, and one that I’ve been curious about for a while. I’m a fan both of Douglas Adams and licorice, so this had to be the first to try!

Opening it is like opening a bag of moist and chewy molasses-rich black licorice… but knowing the calories truly don’t count!

Once it’s steeped, the promise of the aroma does back off a little… maybe a slightly longer time or a little more of the dry blend will give my next cup a little bump. The licorice is still there, and even a slightly thick mouthfeel, but I can pick up a couple of the fainter supporting notes now.

As it is after midnight, I do wish it wasn’t caffeinated, but since I’m still on winter break I’ll just channel the caffeine into more costuming. I’m such a nerd. But off to reconstruct Viking clothing in period fabrics with period stitch types. Yay!

As for the tea, this little lovely is going on the shopping list.

OMGsrsly

Yay! This tea is seriously my favourite.

Comments

OMGsrsly

Yay! This tea is seriously my favourite.

Feel free to browse my cupboard if you’re interested in swapping, but all the mate and pu-erh in our household is my husband’s.

For swapping purposes, please note the apple allergy. Thank you!

I tried to limit my cupboard to teas that were 1oz or larger, but that was a gorgeous failure in terms of swap communication. It’s all going back up.

Okay, I just feel wrong trying to grade things without a rubric – it’s too inconsistent! So, here is the grading breakdown:

0-50: Dump it!
50-60: I might finish the cup
60-70: Possibly finish the pot
70-80: I may keep this on hand
80-90: Cupboard space guaranteed
90-100: Poetry may be involved!

Dallas, TX