Fleurdelily sent me a couple of these bags, and also some strawberry ones of the same brand. I’m mentioning those here as well because the packaging of these bags is amazingly attractive. All colourful and with large drawings of the fruits in question. The sort of packaging that says ‘you KNOW I will taste good, because I look so good!’ From the moment I took them out of the box, I was looking forward to trying them.

That happens very rarely for me when I see bagged tea!

I’m having the peach and passionfruit now, and I must say that peach is a funny thing for me. I like peaches to eat and peach-flavoured things in general, but have always avoided it in tea because it is very much a hit and miss flavour for me. I never know what I’ll get with peaches in tea, and there doesn’t seem to exist a middle of the road for me.

Apart from the packaging, I must admit I wasn’t expecting much from a bagged tea in the peach-flavour-liking department, but perhaps it’s the addition of the passionfruit that does it here, because this one is actually quite pleasant. (Could also depend on what sort of base is used, I guess)

I think it has passionflowers as well as passionfruit actually, because there is a fairly floral taste to it, which prevents the peach from getting that nearly cloying flavour that I dislike in peach tea. Ironic really, because I don’t normally care much for floral teas either.

This one tastes quite warm and autumn-y, which is a surprise because I always connect tropical flavours with summer, but there is a sort of spicy note in here which may be the floral aspect or something else entirely that just says autumn. It fits the current grey and wet weather rather nicely.

I’m pleased with this.

K S

Can’t wait for your strawberry review. I haven’t tried that one yet.

I know I have had this one but don’t see my tasting note on Steepster. I remember liking the peach but not so much the passionfruit. I normally drink peach and apricot. I think my preconceived notions of how this should taste got in the way.

I find Ahmad, in general, to be even more trustworthy than Twinings when it comes to their handling of bagged tea, and I really like Twinings.

Angrboda

I have never had Ahmad before. I’ve never seen them in Denmark. Apricot is a bit like peach for me, although I tend to like it better in general.

I’ve already had one of the strawberry ones, actually, but didn’t really feel like writing about it at the time. I just wanted something good to drink, so I wasn’t paying too much attention at the time. I was quite pleased with it though.

gmathis

Ahmad has strawberry…oh, wow and oh, yum.

TranquilRaven

I dunno what it is about peach flavoring specifically but it seems like the only fruit flavor that comes across so widely different. I have a hard time jumping into peach flavored things because of this.

Angrboda

You probably have the same problem as me with it then? It’s funny, because other flavours can be more or less successful but they can NEVER go completely wrong unless other things have been added as well. Orange is like that for me, even though it’s not actually one of my favourite flavourings. Still, I’ve had some that were great and some that were meh, but I can’t recall having had one that I couldn’t drink.

Yes, exactly. It’s weird :S

fleurdelily

every summer we make gallons of the Ahmad fruit flavored for iced tea

Comments

K S

Can’t wait for your strawberry review. I haven’t tried that one yet.

gmathis

Ahmad has strawberry…oh, wow and oh, yum.

Yes, exactly. It’s weird :S