Mini sipdown! Working through these samples slowly.

This is my second time trying an oolong specifically labelled as a Tieguanyin! I’m actually drinking this, gongfu style, right beside the sample from Zen Tea that Cavocorax sent me. I still have a hard time describing oolong but there are some noticeable differences.

This one’s a little more vegetal, nutty, and all-around hearty in nature; definitely not as intoxicatingly floral, although that element is still there, or as vanilla-sweet. This oolong is very mellow and smooth and a lot more subtle in its flavours than the first one. It became very vegetal near the tenth steep, and started off buttery and creamy.

Now I can appreciate the base that makes up Earl of Anxi.

185 °F / 85 °C
Bonnie

good observation.

Comments

Bonnie

good observation.

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada