drank Cookie Dough by DAVIDsTEA

Wow – love at first sip!
My new Buttercream! :D It doesn’t have the same flavour notes as Buttercream, but it is naturally sweet like it (naturally as in no added sugar by me!) and it is delicious.

The first sip was an immediate reaction – oh my gah it tastes like chocolate chip cookie dough without the chocolate chips. That’s always my favourite part of cookie dough, smooth and sweet and buttery – yum!

I kept my tea bag in for about 10-20 minutes (I was in training) – I found that at 15 minutes (it didn’t get bitter at all) but it started to lose it’s signature cookie dough taste. At 5-10 minutes it shone and was great! So I say, don’t be afraid to keep the leaves in, but don’t use boiling water – experiment, smell and take sips as you go. Don’t put your leaves in and forget them for 10 minutes lol, everyone’s process is different!

On a different note, any “tea budget” has gone to Lush for the moment. How sad! At least I can get some DT with a small discount when I’m craving. Not that I don’t have enough tea, oi!

Ruby Woo Scarlett

Haha yes Lush seems to be getting everyone’s money at this time of year :D

Nik

GAH! I had just one more tea in my cupboard than on my shopping list, and then this review came along. Now they’re neck and neck! [shakes fist] =]

katgolik

I NEED THIS.

canadianadia

Sounds deeeelish!

Babble

Thanks for the tips about steeping it longer. I probably wouldn’t have thought that since I’m so afraid of oversteeping.

Do you work at DT? Or work somewhere else that gives you a DT discount?

DaisyChubb

Oh even at 3-5 mins it was tasty too, so it’s a very versatile tea! Love it!

I work at the mall where DT is, and all mall workers get a 10% discount! Not much, but hey, it’s something! :)

Nik

I like versatili-tea. [groan] Sorry.

Kittenna

Hahahahaha, I read your review after posting mine, and said a few nearly identical things! Did you try it with boiling water, as I did? (Well, mine was a few degrees below boiling. I was skeptical, but tried anyhow.)

DaisyChubb

Yep! 94 degrees! I’ll have to pick some up if I come into money mysteriously ;) lol

Amariel

I had some today and I was like, it really does taste like cookie dough. I know this will be an awesome latte too. I had it with milk and sugar, but milk was not frothy.

Drunk From Tea

Omg, more like love at first sniff!!! (: <3

CHAroma

Cookie dough white tea? Hmmm.

Anna

FYI: I was looking this up on the website to see how long to steep when I saw it’s hugely on sale right now. Thought you might want to know. http://www.davidstea.com/cookie-dough-250g-en?&TF=&DEID=

Comments

Ruby Woo Scarlett

Haha yes Lush seems to be getting everyone’s money at this time of year :D

katgolik

I NEED THIS.

canadianadia

Sounds deeeelish!

Babble

Do you work at DT? Or work somewhere else that gives you a DT discount?

DaisyChubb

Oh even at 3-5 mins it was tasty too, so it’s a very versatile tea! Love it!

Nik

I like versatili-tea. [groan] Sorry.

Kittenna

Amariel

Drunk From Tea

Omg, more like love at first sniff!!! (: <3

CHAroma

Cookie dough white tea? Hmmm.

Anna

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy