drank Peach & Thyme by Fauchon

interesting. many years ago i had a recipe for rosemary peach chicken. the first time i made it i scoffed, certain i wouldn’t like it. i was wrong.

for me this is a savoury tea written on a subtly sweet base; unassumptive, unimposing….. almost hard to detect at times.

imagine the sweetest peach steeped with a simple syrup and fresh thyme….. original, quite unique.

thank you MissB!

ifjuly

rosemary peach chicken sounds delicious!

JustJames

it didn’t at the time… (thyme? =oP) but it was quite excellent!!! live and learn, lol.

Amariel

I agree, peach and rosemary chicken sounds good!

Fjellrev

At first I thought peaches would be weird, but you know, it kind of makes sense. I think apricot would be even better.

JustJames

that’s an inspired idea Incendiare. i always found that fuzzy stone fruit held a note held a latent tobacco note. sweet, fleshy, very distant down the line…. but a mild raw tobacco nonetheless to my palate.

ifjuly

we’re huge fans of meat/savory + fruit in this household…my favorite chicken tagine recipe has plumped dried apricots in it. earlier this week i made mitchell davis’ recipe for pork chops with apples and prunes plumped in white wine, so good! yum. my obsession with middle eastern and mediterranean and medieval european cuisine is probably showing.

Amariel

SOme of my favorite curries are fruit curries. I’ve addd apple, butternut squash, raisins and apricots before. Great combination. When I as visiting with my brother last month, we made something very much like this, only the vinaigrette was with lime juice, and shallots, iirc.

We had chicken with it and it was a good combination of flavours.

ifjuly

yummmm! lime and shallot sounds really good. and i love butternut squash with raisins!

Mmm, now I’m hungry.

ifjuly-I made peach tartines (open faced sandwich, essentially) with thyme goat cheese over the summer…so yummy. I can try to find the recipe if you like.

MissB

Glad you enjoyed it, or at least that it evoked some fond memories. :)

JustJames

i did enjoy it! i want to fool with it some more… ;o)

MissB

I think OMGsrsly was saying she’s made a jam like this. Makes me dream every time I think of it.

OMGsrsly

Peach and rosemary jam. AMAZING.

ifjuly

Heather, I’d love that! Sounds so so good (and my husband LOVES goat cheese).

Amariel

Ok ifjuly, here you go! I actually found this because OMGsrsly posted it on FB…

Comments

ifjuly

rosemary peach chicken sounds delicious!

Amariel

I agree, peach and rosemary chicken sounds good!

Fjellrev

Amariel

We had chicken with it and it was a good combination of flavours.

Mmm, now I’m hungry.

MissB

Glad you enjoyed it, or at least that it evoked some fond memories. :)

JustJames

i did enjoy it! i want to fool with it some more… ;o)

OMGsrsly

Peach and rosemary jam. AMAZING.

ifjuly

Heather, I’d love that! Sounds so so good (and my husband LOVES goat cheese).

Amariel

Ok ifjuly, here you go! I actually found this because OMGsrsly posted it on FB…

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC