Peach & Thyme

Black Tea, Papaya, Peach, Peach Flavour, Safflower, Sugar Crystals, Thyme
Floral, Herbs, Peach, Rose, Thyme, Compost, Dry Grass, Musty, Mint, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “So… this is weird. Weird but good? Good but weird? Something like that. The thyme is so strong. Dry, the smell of the peaches come through, but after steeping I mostly get thyme. I added 1/4...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 2022 tasting notes
  • “interesting. many years ago i had a recipe for rosemary peach chicken. the first time i made it i scoffed, certain i wouldn’t like it. i was wrong. for me this is a savoury tea written on a...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 383 tasting notes
  • “I received samples of this tea from both MissB and OMGsrsly. Steepster swappers are the best. Tons of people our scrounging for Fauchon teas, and I get samples...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 921 tasting notes
  • “I’ve had this for a bit, and yet I only have half a tin left. Why? Because I’ve shared so much with the folks who have shown interest. Now, it’s time to see how I feel about...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1356 tasting notes

From Fauchon

The union of juicy peach and fresh thyme envelopes the palate with bright sparkling notes. A truly original and addictive tea.

Limited edition.

Ingredients: black tea (China), natural flavour (peach), papaya (papaya, sugar), peach (peach, rice flour), thyme, safflower.

About Fauchon View company

2022 tasting notes

So… this is weird. Weird but good? Good but weird? Something like that.

The thyme is so strong. Dry, the smell of the peaches come through, but after steeping I mostly get thyme. I added 1/4 tsp sugar to try to bring out some sweetness of the fruit, but I’m not so sure it’s working.

As it cools, the peach comes out a bit. I can see this being an amazing iced tea in the summer. I’ll have to try cold steeping it soon-ish, even though it’s now the cold and rainy season here. :)

(2 tsp in ~15 oz)

Oh! I’m so glad you tried this. I thought I’d either love it, or really dislike it, even though I do love thyme. Then again, curious combinations are always fun to try. This is on my list for tomorrow.

I couldn’t resist! Thyme is pretty much my favourite herb. :) Now I want to roast peaches with honey and thyme. That would be superb. With vanilla ice cream. Mmm…

Oh, yum! And… now I’m salivating.

I made peach jam with rosemary and black pepper last year. SO GOOD. This coming peach season I should do it with thyme and vanilla. :)

Wish they had this one at my store… :((

Oh, I’ll add some to your package. I haven’t sent it yet because I keep forgetting to bring it to work with me! I’ll put it in my bag now, too.

Heh. Funny, I’d already added some to your package as well Dexter. :)

These jams you speak of, can I buy one from you? They sound divine. I try and stay away from sugars where possible, but this sounds like something to break that rule for.

LOL Thanks guys!!!

MissB, I just have a wee teensy one left, and you are welcome to it. :) It’s a lower sugar jam with whole pieces of fruit and no pectin. You basically make a candy syrup with the juices from macerated fruit and some sugar, then add the fruit back in towards the end. “Jam according to Daniel”’s recipe.

I can in the tiny jars because I just eat it with a spoon. Too much of a hassle to make gluten free bread all the time. :)

Oh, awesome! You’ll have to tell me how I can repay you. Perhaps a hand knit hat or something? I have yet to can or jam anything, however now you’re inspiring me. And I understand the gluten free bread part, as I do it all the time myself.

It’s only 1/2 cup of jam, so no need to go and knit something for me! Try it and see what you think.

I’m glad to read this. I thought about this tea as well, but I thought that it would be probably be better iced and to be honest I don’t make ice tea very often.

I love those tiny half pots for jam. My mom and I used to make port wine jelly in them for Christmas gifts when I was a child. I used to love it.

for me this is a savoury tea written on a subtly sweet base; unassumptive, unimposing….. almost hard to detect at times.

imagine the sweetest peach steeped with a simple syrup and fresh thyme….. original, quite unique.

thank you MissB!

rosemary peach chicken sounds delicious!

it didn’t at the time… (thyme? =oP) but it was quite excellent!!! live and learn, lol.

I agree, peach and rosemary chicken sounds good!

At first I thought peaches would be weird, but you know, it kind of makes sense. I think apricot would be even better.

that’s an inspired idea Incendiare. i always found that fuzzy stone fruit held a note held a latent tobacco note. sweet, fleshy, very distant down the line…. but a mild raw tobacco nonetheless to my palate.

we’re huge fans of meat/savory + fruit in this household…my favorite chicken tagine recipe has plumped dried apricots in it. earlier this week i made mitchell davis’ recipe for pork chops with apples and prunes plumped in white wine, so good! yum. my obsession with middle eastern and mediterranean and medieval european cuisine is probably showing.

SOme of my favorite curries are fruit curries. I’ve addd apple, butternut squash, raisins and apricots before. Great combination. When I as visiting with my brother last month, we made something very much like this, only the vinaigrette was with lime juice, and shallots, iirc.

We had chicken with it and it was a good combination of flavours.

yummmm! lime and shallot sounds really good. and i love butternut squash with raisins!

Mmm, now I’m hungry.

ifjuly-I made peach tartines (open faced sandwich, essentially) with thyme goat cheese over the summer…so yummy. I can try to find the recipe if you like.

Glad you enjoyed it, or at least that it evoked some fond memories. :)

i did enjoy it! i want to fool with it some more… ;o)

I think OMGsrsly was saying she’s made a jam like this. Makes me dream every time I think of it.

Peach and rosemary jam. AMAZING.

Heather, I’d love that! Sounds so so good (and my husband LOVES goat cheese).

Ok ifjuly, here you go! I actually found this because OMGsrsly posted it on FB…

I received samples of this tea from both MissB and OMGsrsly. Steepster swappers are the best. Tons of people our scrounging for Fauchon teas, and I get samples from two different people. The generosity here is just amazing.

I don’t think I can say it better than OMGsrsly did:
“So… this is weird. Weird but good? Good but weird? Something like that.”
I am really happy to have gotten a chance to try this. If it had been in my Winners store, I would have bought a tin of it. I think I’m ok with not having a 100g tin of it in my house, on the other hand, it is interesting enough that I will drink and enjoy the samples I have.
I’m getting more peach than thyme. It’s more scented than flavored (as I would expect from a French tea) – the peach is really nice and sweet, subtle but present. The thyme is more of an impression (hint of), but is nice with the peach. But it’s still strange enough that I wouldn’t drink it everyday.

Thank you so much ladies for sending this to me.

You’re welcome! I still need to try it iced. I think it would shine as an iced tea.

I agree, but I can’t do iced tea in the winter, and I’m sure the samples won’t last til spring. :))

i haven’t tried mine yet….. i’m trying to be self disciplined. yeah, we’ll see how long that lasts! lol.

Try it, James! :D

oy! i’m pretty good!! lol. sugar free for over a month! my clothes will testify, lol. =0D

See, great minds think alike! :)

I’ve had this for a bit, and yet I only have half a tin left. Why? Because I’ve shared so much with the folks who have shown interest. Now, it’s time to see how I feel about it!

First off, I love savory teas, as well as sweet ones. Combine the two? I’m curious and excited. Plus, OMGsrsly’s reviews really got me curious, as well as her mention of peach and thyme jam. Oh… my mouth is watering.

So, I tried this. Made sure I steeped it properly, the works.

Dry, this smells more like thyme than peach. Steeped, it reverses. It was okay straight (more thyme than anything, almost like a stuffing or savory Christmas pudding?), however with some sweetener added, this was stellar for me. Luscious, juicy peach with a hint of thyme mid-way through to the end. Really, truly delightful, and very different.

If you like savory sweets (I’m thinking jams with savory elements like jalapeno jelly, for instance) then you’ll likely love this tea. Less is also more, with both heat and steep time.

I definitely need sweetener with this one, and it was quite an interesting flavour…something I think Id cook with more than drink, though. I have more of your sample, so we’ll see if I still feel that way with a future cup of this.

Try it iced. :)

I have kinda had that idea, and stashing it for a not so cold time. Maybe a cold steep though.

I haven’t done a cold steep, but flash iced with honey = yes please. Maybe I’ll bring some to work tomorrow. :)

This is not a tea I would have normally gone after but a friend bought a tin the other day at TJ Maxx because she loves thyme. I told her that I had heard that the thyme was super strong, but she was not to be swayed. She stopped by this morning and said she didn’t think the thyme was too strong and gave me a sample to try. So I am taking a break from my short list of sipdown teas to have this one. It certainly smells strongly of thyme!

I associate thyme with savory things like the chicken pot pie I made recently, so it’s a bit odd here. But I can definitely smell the sweet juiciness of the peaches under the thyme. I agree that this is weird, and for me, who is not totally in love with thyme, I am going to say “not bad” instead of “good”, haha. I agree that as it cools it gets peachier and the thyme cools down a bit, but it’s a bit too “herby” for me. This is definitely an “if you love thyme…” type of tea!

I kind of passed on this tea too. I like time but the idea of the blend kind of made me think that it would do better iced than hot and I don’t ice my teas very often.

oh, i wanna try this. must make my way to tj maxx sometime. i love fresh thyme and peach salad in the summer, yum.

I love thyme. :) Still need to try it cold brewed, but I think it’s good hot and iced.

goodness, that sounds strange. But still a very curious mix indeed!

and lol what is it with these french and mixing peach with other flavours in tea? I got a peach and pepper tea which is kinda of sublime.

cteresa, I made peach jam with all sorts of things in it last year. The peach and pepper jam was so good! I think it disappeared the fastest. :)

In the tea it works fabulously (and they added a hint of nutmeg to it as well, it was all wonderful!)

Peach and Thyme… what a strange combination. Fear not though, we cannot doubt the French and their perfume combinations… right??

At first sniff: I smell the peach, delicious peach. I catch notes of the thyme, but not overpowering and the sweetness of the peach enhances the sweet parts of the thyme. Definitely not offensive and it definitely works well together.

At first steep: THYME THYME… did I mention you can really smell the thyme? Wowzers!! The taste is less intense, but with the sniff and the taste, you really can taste the thyme and it takes over a bit. The peach is the second note, which is a bit disappointing. It’s definitely a different tea. Although the French are on point with the smell of the tea, I’m not sure the taste is as good. I definitely would have been happier with a peaches and cream taste, rather than a peach gravy? With Thanksgiving and Christmas in the air, I could see this tea going extremely well with turkey dinner. It would be an excellent sweet component if cream and sugar are added.

I like this tea, I’m not sure I love this tea. I have 100g of it now and one beautiful fuchsia tin. I don’t feel badly paying 12.99 for it though because I definitely taste that the tea is quality. I probably wouldn’t replace it when the “thyme” comes. ha ha

Apricot, peach are going very well with rosemary and thyme. You’re right this is not a surprising thing for a French person.
We all here have a Grandma’s recipe of chicken with honey and rosemary and thyme.

That’s interesting. I didn’t know that it was s common combination for the French!!!! I’ll will definitely give it another go though as it wasn’t bad. Just new.

Definitely not something we would pair here in Canada. But when I visited France I loved everything there anf miss it!!!

I got this sample from MissB because I was intrigued after OMGsrsly tried it.

I have to say that the peach to thyme balance was pretty good, and the base was not too overpowering. I think that I might like this just a bit better as a cold steep, so I’m reserving the rest of it for then…then being a warmer day…I don’t do a lot of cold drinks in winter, or much at all (I think my body composition is happier without a lot of icy cold drinks).

This tea does totally make me want to make the peach and goat cheese tartine that I made over the summer…the goat cheese is spiked with fresh thyme, and the peaches on top got a small dusting of fresh leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.

I also learned of this recipe from OMGsrsly so she is two for two with this combo!

Here is my attempt at it from the summer, plus a salad and some arctic char…

:D Awesome! I still need to try the recipe. I have goat cheese in the freezer, but no peaches.

Thanks for this one, Stephanie! In a lovely pink tin and all. :D I’m always looking for a nice peachy flavored tea. I didn’t see too many peach pieces actually in the blend, but it tastes like peach anyway. I do wish it would taste like peach slightly more, but I’m glad that it doesn’t taste like that fakey peach. I’ve had some pretty gross peach teas though, so that bar might be impossibly low. There is also a savory element with the thyme and it’s making it taste a little like pine to me, but in an interesting way. The black tea itself is tasty enough and pairs with the flavors. I like it with two teaspoons! I bet this would be awesome iced.
Steep #1 // 2 teaspoons for a full mug// 7 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // couple minutes after boiling // 3-4 minute steep

Yay it has found a home!

Yeah I wasn’t drinking it and afraid it was going to go bad Marzipan :(

2074 tasting notes

Not long ago my eldest daughter mentioned the trend toward adding savory flavors in unexpected places. In steps this sample from Cameron B! I have had it for a while but a lot of my samples disappeared in a kitchen clean up and were found on a high shelf months later.

This was the second tea served at our tea time and was a really neat tea experience. We began the tea time with tea cookies made with fresh cardamom that had been rolled in ground sugar, which made it the perfect texture between fine granulated sugar and powdered sugar. The first tea had been Decaf Ceylon Orange Pekoe, a sturdy workhorse of a tea with classic pekoe flavor.

Then I sipped this and – WOW. So much thyme! Brothy tasting to me because of the savory herb, I still liked it. My youngest daughter said she still tasted a lot of peach but I did not. She believes it is because loves peaches and eats them so often that the taste is more apparent to her, which is likely true as I rarely eat peaches.

This isn’t something I would buy by the pound but it was a really neat tea to try and I enjoyed it. Thank you, CameronB!

I have this and every time I drink it, I want to work it into some sweet/savory scone!

Oh, that sounds like a great idea!

I need to use up some basil that’s going a little nuts in the back porch planter…what do you think that’d blend with? Lemon?

I blend tulsi with lavender, so I wonder if basil would go well with it? Try it with some different teas and add lemon, too! Let us know what results you get!

Super duper thyme-y, the peach really (surprisingly) takes a backseat on this one. I think the flavors could use a bit more balancing, as I do think peach could stand up to thyme a bit more equally and be delicious, but this is delicious too. I think it could make a very refreshing pot of iced tea in the summer as well as hot, like a friend and I drank it today. I was surprised I enjoyed it, as it is primarily herb taste and more a wisp of peach, but I totally did.

Ooh, that sounds interesting!