Yesterday morning I awoke to find that there was no hot water, thinking it was the pilot light on the boiler (which is ancient and has instructions which may as well be in a foreign language) so I left it for my husband to do when he got home. He arrived home (late due to overtime) and had a fiddle around for half hour before enlightening me that it’s not the pilot light. On top of the hot water there is also no central heating. So I phoned up the gas company this morning and they sent someone over to have a look (he too was late). The man said his name was Wayne and after ten minutes of reading the instructions and starring intently he had to phone a Mr Gotham. My face lit up, Wayne…Mr Gotham…I knew where this was leading. When he got off the phone I as casually as I could asked what time Batman would be over (not being able to hide the smirk on my face for long). The only response I got was a blank expression and a quiet ‘What?’. I thought it was Batman comedy gold but gas engineers apparently are oblivious to it. Oh well, made myself chuckle anyway! Long story short – Boiler still doesn’t work so I have tomorrow morning off work while Mr Gotham comes over to inspect it himself.

So here I sit with my Genmaicha, a smile on my face and the start of a Civilization V game. Oh well, it could be worse.

TeaKlutz

Argh! Well, I thought it was a great joke. :D

Your joke was PERFECT!

caile

haha! Maybe Mr Gotham will decide to call Batman tomorrow! : )

Anna

Can’t you draw the bat symbol on the boiler for tomorrow?

K S

Made me laugh.

Comments

TeaKlutz

Argh! Well, I thought it was a great joke. :D

Your joke was PERFECT!

caile

haha! Maybe Mr Gotham will decide to call Batman tomorrow! : )

Anna

Can’t you draw the bat symbol on the boiler for tomorrow?

K S

Made me laugh.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom