this was a sample from my last verdant order and i figured i’d try this out since next weekend there are a few people coming over to have tea who i KNOW are much more appreciative of green tea than i am. I figure if i don’t like this, i can pass it to a happier home.

I love the idea of green teas….but most of the time they’re too light and vegetal for me. This tea smells “green” before adding water to it. However, when adding the water to the leaves (I brewed this western style) there’s almost a sweetness to the aroma.

The first sips of this aren’t vegetal at all. Instead they are more on the sweet side, like drops of honey that have been diluted. There’s no astringency and this is quite tasty. It’s nothing that i NEED to have or want to always have around, but i think i could enjoy a cup (or two) of this from time to time. I’ll have to see how the re-steeps change things.

Edit: Resteeps, the tea starts to lose the honey, sweet notes and becomes more floral.

Indigobloom

Dragonwell was my gateway green tea! :P

Comments

Indigobloom

Dragonwell was my gateway green tea! :P