drank Cocoa Praline Tart by Teavana

This either dates to my chocolate flavored buying spree or to the Teavana tea of the month club membership, not sure which, but it’s surprisingly good.

Now, whether it tastes like a praline tart is an open question. I have had a praline and I have had a tart, but I have never had a praline tart.

The mixture in the packet has a very dark, syrupy chocolate smell. The aroma of the steeped tisane is a fruity chocolate. I smell both a sharp sweetness which I attribute to the pineapple, and a richer sweetness which I attribute to the fig and perhaps the pear. I don’t taste rooibos, I don’t taste honeybush, and I don’t taste nuts. I would have liked to have tasted the macadamia nuts…

It’s another apple juice colored liquid, but this is slightly darker (not as dark as that really “healthy” apple juice that’s brown, more the color of a darker kids’ apple juice).

It’s pretty tasty. The BF said it tasted like liquor but I don’t get that flavor. There’s a light, sweet, chocolatey flavor over a fruity, almost light jammy-flavored tisane (though jammy here doesn’t refer to mouthfeel or body but to the flavor itself). No. 2 gave it the thumbs up.

Unfortunately, it’s another discontinued one. Or I would have considered a restock. It does its job as a dessert substitute. Everyone in the house had Girl Scout thin mints tonight, but I was able to resist! (80 calories in just two of those cookies, dammit.)

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 34 OZ / 1000 ML

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California