I haven’t had an oolong on the greener side of the spectrum in a long time and I’d forgotten how much I like them.

The leaves are jade green in the tin and they expand and unfurl and turn olive green after steeping. I steeped this in the gaiwan at 30, 45 and 1 minute, 2 steeps each.

The liquor is a yellow with no gold in it, that leans toward a green tone without actually getting to green, and it’s clear. The aroma is creamy, buttery, and floral. I wish I could identify the flowers. I want to say lily of the valley? Maybe lilac? But I’m not sure. There are various degrees of cream, butter and sweetness in each steep, including some downright sugary finishes. There’s something else too but for the life of me I can’t put my finger on the smell or taste. It’s really nice, though.

I quite liked this one. Yes, it’s been a long time and yes, I have very little memory of the last green oolong I had and how it stacks up, but as it stands now, I’ll definitely enjoy drinking this again.

195 °F / 90 °C
Anna

This sounds lush.

Comments

Anna

This sounds lush.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California