Le Digestif (organic)

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Stop suffering
The Ancient Greeks swore by peppermint to relieve stomachaches and (OK, let’s be frank) gas. The Romans used catnip. In India, they’re into fennel seed. In China, ginger has worked for 2000 years. Other traditional remedies include sweet stevia, which reduces stomach acid, and orange peel for bloating. This smooth blend has them all. Try it. It just might do the trick. Caffeine-free.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is not a tea for me to drink while at the computer apparently, since my cat won’t leave me alone and is consistently trying to get onto the desk!

I’m honestly at a loss with this one for a description. Or a decision if I like it or not. I want to like it. I love the smell of it dry, and even brewed it smells lovely. But as I sip it, there’s something there that turns me off, and turns my stomach. I’ve been trying to figure out what it is, and I’m thinking it’s the stevia. I’ve had bad reactions to it before and more and more I’m thinking I’ll have to avoid the teas that have it. Which is sad since Davids seems to be using it more and more. (Hint, if you’re reading this DT, please please stop this trend!)

My mouth is also having an aftertaste of the fennel slightly. Which strangely I’m not minding. So yes, I’m confused!

The flavour of this tea isn’t my favourite but it sure does help my tummy. It tastes almost creamy and thick to me with mint. Wish the mint was a bit stronger. Don’t really care for the catnip in it but my kitty is best friends with me whenever I make this tea haha. It does help with my stomach pains though, which are quite often. I have celiac disease so this tea is a must have. The taste has been growing on me though, perhaps because I feel so good after. If you suffer with stomach pains I would definitely give it a try.

I don’t remember a lot about this tea because it was about medicine not taste, but… I got to work this morning feeling like I was absolutely about to hurl. I got to work, brewed a very strong cuppa this and within 15 minutes I was fine. And stayed that way for like 5 hours. And now my tummy ache has returned and I wish I had bought some to take home.

I think the key ingredient here is definitely the stevia. It just brings all the other flavours together into a special blend that could easily have been pretty forgettable. Not only the natural sweetness of the stevia, but its actual taste works wonderfully with the rest, and especially with the fennel seeds. I’m really happy about this one, I thought it would taste like a hundred other herbal teas, but it does stand out!

(As for the digestive help, I can’t really say much about it, as I’ve never really had problems with digestion, but I’ll trust other reviewers that it does help!)

My stomach hates me today. But tea loves me. Tea always loves me.

I really liked this tea, which surprised me just a little bit! It actually tasted good enough that I would totally brew up a cup once in a while. The flavours I got were a bit of mint, some sweetness from the stevia, a tiny hint of ginger and a bit of the citrus peel I was promised. Word of warning though – my cats go insane the minute this tin opens and totally attempted to attack me tea… Nevertheless, it was good enough that I am willing to fight the cats off for a cup of this once in awhile. Also, my stomach wasn’t 100%, which was my reason for brewing this cup, and it totally seems to have done the trick to fix it!

I had a cup of this last night, post dinner. I’ll admit, the stevia in it was a bit of a concern when I bought it, but I decided to try it anyway. And even though it is sweet, I did enjoy the cup. The anise was really prominent as well. Normally that licorice flavor is not my favorite (I have other digestif-type teas that I drink in spite of the licorice flavor). But the anise isn’t so bad as licorice is, so I enjoyed it more. It is probably one I’ll buy again. I might try a few others to compare, but I like it better than the similar Yogi tea that I’d been drinking for digestion.

So it isn’t fair of me to give this tea an actual rating because I have mixed it with The Skinny. But this mix is really good if not a little heavy on the peppermint. I think next time I will put a little less of Le Digestif in my mix. The smell is great but there is a taste at the back of my throat that I get with peppermint. But I will try this sometime when I am not feeling well since I really think it will be good on it’s own. I just will have to make sure I don’t oversteep it.

Good mix though. I am just waiting for my cats to smell the catnip. Although one of my guys is immune to catnip. He prefers honeysuckle.

I basically pass this out whenever my co-workers have tummy upset. Someone with Crohn’s Disease says this helps him. I’m not going to say it’s a miracle worker, but it’s pretty darn close!

I prefer to only steep this tea for 1 – 2 minutes instead of 4 – 6. It is a very strong tea with a little kick. This tea does everything it promises with helping stomach aches and keeps you awake.