Ceylon Star

Ceylon Black Tea, Cocoa, Coconut, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Star Anise Bits, White Chocolate
Anise, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Sweet, White Chocolate, Chocolate, Licorice, Coconut
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Mmmm. To be honest I wasn't sure how excited I'd be to drink this again. It was so hit and miss from what I remember. (Sorry *ShayneBear*) So, because of this I've sorta had this 25g pack sitting...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “I was going to make chai this morning, as the cooler weather is making me want cozy teas, but I saw a picture of the new sugar plum tea and saw the star anise and decided I'd rather have a cup of...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 629 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Isaila* for my sample of this! For preparation, I steeped up 1 1/2 tsp. of leaf in 8 oz. of boiling water for four minutes. Although now I'm wondering if that wasn't enough leaf or...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2279 tasting notes
  • “Snacking for dinner this evening. First, some leftover pasta, next up roasted yams and baked zucchini fries. This tea really doesn't go with any of it. But that's OK. I wanted something sweet...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1624 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Wish upon a star

Star anise is one of the most beautiful spices around…and also one of the most delicious. It has a sweet, subtle licorice taste that we just can’t resist. And some say it has magical properties: keeping star anise around is said to bring you good luck, happy dreams and even clairvoyance. Most importantly, it makes for some seriously delicious tea. Star anise and Ceylon black tea is a classic combination, but here we sweeten the deal even more with white chocolate, cocoa nibs and coconut. The result is sweet and creamy, with a hint of exotic spice. Now that’s star power.

Ingredients: Ceylon black tea, star anise, cocoa, white chocolate, coconut, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I picked this up as a 2/$5 25g special with the Organic Pure Chai. Steeped up smells great – reminds me of Chocolate Rocket. I like the Star Anise and Coconut flavours. A really nice tea and low caffeine for when I’m craving Chocolate Rocket in the evening when I ought to be cutting the caffeine.

Tasted relatively good, not my favorite tea that David’s has out there. But I’m definitely going to finish this cup

I’d only had this in the store as a sample, and now that I’ve brewed this at home… Yeah, it’s still not my favourite black tea. If it was around, I’d drink it, but I probably won’t actively search this one out again. Something with the spice flavouring felt a little off to me, so I added some milk to make it a little more tolerable. But yeah, there are other flavoured black teas I will go to before this one. Alas.

I wish I had more! I don’t understand how it get’s this incredibly chocolaty taste that is MORE chocolaty than the so called “Chocolate teas.” So yes, it does have chocolate and cocoa in it, but it’s just better, and stronger!

I am usually not a fan of star anise flavor, but I like it in this tea, because it is balanced well with other flavors so it is not so over powering. That makes it so much more enjoyable for me to drink it :)

I’ve been pretty underwhelmed by DavidsTEA black teas, especially ones that are supposed to be flavored like dessert. I was hesitant to try this one as I very much dislike all things anise. I used the full 5 gram sample for my 16oz steeping mug, steeped for 4 minutes and added sweetener. It’s not something that I would dump out, but I’m not sure I would keep it in my cupboard. It’s ok? It actually seems a little weak as far as flavor is concerned. Did I do something wrong?

I was afraid to steep it longer than 4 minutes due to the black tea base but the packaging recommended 4-7.

Really didn’t care for this tea. The first couple of sips were chocolatey but after that it tasted oddly artificial to me. I definitely won’t buy this tea.

It tastes like a really yummy, creamy chai tea. I’m almost done this, boo

So I got this as a sample from Davids…probably a month ago and I never really was inclined to try it since it’s been so hot. Well the weather has finally cooled down (THANK YOU) and I have probably consumed atleast 6 mugs of tea today (4 1/2 being since dinner). Currently I am enjoying this tea and it’s actually plesant. I wasn’t sure when the ingrediants list hinted at coconut (because that is usually an iced tea flavor for me) but this tea is perfect. The balance between the sweet and spicy notes are perfect.
Now I am only sad that it’s on the web specials (probably to be discontinued) for an insane amount of money….)

I got this one as a sample from David’s. The chocolate/cocoa scent is extremely strong. Almost off-putting it’s so strong, but the flavor was much less so. The star anise wasn’t very strong, either, for which I was grateful. I liked it a lot more than I was afraid I would. I don’t think I would buy it in bulk, but I’m glad to have tasted it.

Backlogged post: I got a sample of this with my last DavidsTea order. Smelled like anise, tasted like anise. Could also pick-up some coconutty sweetness in there. My first time trying ceylon, and I think I like it :-)

Not rating at this time because I don’t think there was any white chocolate in my tiny sample packet. It was still pretty good without it, though.