Ceylon Star

Anise, Chocolate, Licorice, Coconut, White Chocolate, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by Tealizzy

• “Mmmm. To be honest I wasn't sure how excited I'd be to drink this again. It was so hit and miss from what I remember. (Sorry *ShayneBear*) So, because of this I've sorta had this 25g pack sitting...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1623 tasting notes
  • “I've had a giant cup of this tea for the last three days, and that's okay....you know why? Because I have 8.8 oz. on its way to me! Yep! When I saw it on the web special list for 48% off,...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 475 tasting notes
  • “Thank you *Isaila* for my sample of this! For preparation, I steeped up 1 1/2 tsp. of leaf in 8 oz. of boiling water for four minutes. Although now I'm wondering if that wasn't enough leaf or...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1684 tasting notes
  • “Snacking for dinner this evening. First, some leftover pasta, next up roasted yams and baked zucchini fries. This tea really doesn't go with any of it. But that's OK. I wanted something sweet...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1369 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Wish upon a star

Star anise is one of the most beautiful spices around…and also one of the most delicious. It has a sweet, subtle licorice taste that we just can’t resist. And some say it has magical properties: keeping star anise around is said to bring you good luck, happy dreams and even clairvoyance. Most importantly, it makes for some seriously delicious tea. Star anise and Ceylon black tea is a classic combination, but here we sweeten the deal even more with white chocolate, cocoa nibs and coconut. The result is sweet and creamy, with a hint of exotic spice. Now that’s star power.

Ingredients: Ceylon black tea, star anise, cocoa, white chocolate, coconut, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’d only had this in the store as a sample, and now that I’ve brewed this at home… Yeah, it’s still not my favourite black tea. If it was around, I’d drink it, but I probably won’t actively search this one out again. Something with the spice flavouring felt a little off to me, so I added some milk to make it a little more tolerable. But yeah, there are other flavoured black teas I will go to before this one. Alas.

I wish I had more! I don’t understand how it get’s this incredibly chocolaty taste that is MORE chocolaty than the so called “Chocolate teas.” So yes, it does have chocolate and cocoa in it, but it’s just better, and stronger!

I am usually not a fan of star anise flavor, but I like it in this tea, because it is balanced well with other flavors so it is not so over powering. That makes it so much more enjoyable for me to drink it :)

I’ve been pretty underwhelmed by DavidsTEA black teas, especially ones that are supposed to be flavored like dessert. I was hesitant to try this one as I very much dislike all things anise. I used the full 5 gram sample for my 16oz steeping mug, steeped for 4 minutes and added sweetener. It’s not something that I would dump out, but I’m not sure I would keep it in my cupboard. It’s ok? It actually seems a little weak as far as flavor is concerned. Did I do something wrong?

I was afraid to steep it longer than 4 minutes due to the black tea base but the packaging recommended 4-7.

Really didn’t care for this tea. The first couple of sips were chocolatey but after that it tasted oddly artificial to me. I definitely won’t buy this tea.

It tastes like a really yummy, creamy chai tea. I’m almost done this, boo

So I got this as a sample from Davids…probably a month ago and I never really was inclined to try it since it’s been so hot. Well the weather has finally cooled down (THANK YOU) and I have probably consumed atleast 6 mugs of tea today (4 1/2 being since dinner). Currently I am enjoying this tea and it’s actually plesant. I wasn’t sure when the ingrediants list hinted at coconut (because that is usually an iced tea flavor for me) but this tea is perfect. The balance between the sweet and spicy notes are perfect.
Now I am only sad that it’s on the web specials (probably to be discontinued) for an insane amount of money….)

I got this one as a sample from David’s. The chocolate/cocoa scent is extremely strong. Almost off-putting it’s so strong, but the flavor was much less so. The star anise wasn’t very strong, either, for which I was grateful. I liked it a lot more than I was afraid I would. I don’t think I would buy it in bulk, but I’m glad to have tasted it.

Backlogged post: I got a sample of this with my last DavidsTea order. Smelled like anise, tasted like anise. Could also pick-up some coconutty sweetness in there. My first time trying ceylon, and I think I like it :-)

Not rating at this time because I don’t think there was any white chocolate in my tiny sample packet. It was still pretty good without it, though.

I wasn’t expecting this one to be so tasty! Last time I visited a DT store, they had 25g packets of tea for $3 for 2 for $5, so I snapped up a few just to try something new. I doubt I would have bought this otherwise, but after I tasted it, I went back the next day and bought four more of packets – $10 for 100g is a deal!

The anise flavor is very soft, and the blend was much creamier than I expected. I wish the overall taste was a little bit stronger, but this is a delicious, satisfying tea. Sumptuous, but light. A beautiful, simple pleasure – tastes like wearing a velvet-lined tracksuit would feel like :)

Got this one as a soy latte to go while on an Easter/tax refund/pre-exam mate stock up/shopping spree with my best tea buddy. I’d had it once before (I think as a sample? Who knows) and remembered really liking the sweetness. Well, certainly didn’t disappoint today! It was nice a sweet, but still smooth and not overpowering and was perfect to sip on while walking downtown on one of the first nice Sundays Halifax has seen this year. Almost convinced me to turn around and buy 25g of it to take home with me. Next time!