Black Tea, Natural Flavours, Organic Coconut
Cinnamon, Vanilla, Graham Cracker, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

• “I finally got my Herbal Infusions order! So much new tea to drink! I have to say, Dan was really communicative throughout, which totally made me feel better about the delay. Anyway,...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 767 tasting notes
  • “This tea is a nice treat. It satisfies the need for something sweet, without actually being truly sweet. Tricky, tricky. I love the graham-ness. I said last time I would consider rotating this one...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 716 tasting notes
  • “Got this… gosh, it seems like ages ago. It’s been at least a year. Found it in my tea exploration (meaning: trying to figure out where all my tea was stored during a six month trip to...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1296 tasting notes
  • “Afternoon tea of the day. Nice, subtler and less eerily dead on and strong than Della Terra’s S’mores, but also avoids the off-putting built-up plasticky element in DT’s. I...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 613 tasting notes

From Herbal Infusions

A premium Ceylon Orange Pekoe forms the base of this dessert-like tea and is hand blended with organic coconut shred and natural flavourings. Thanks to everyone that came out to our Yelp! Speakeasy tea event to help name this tea. We would like to think we definitely hit a graham slam with this tea.

Like all our tea blends that are made in house we use premium ingredients and natural, organic tea flavourings.

About Herbal Infusions View company

Anyway, this tea smelled so good. Like vanilla pudding and graham crackers. I decided to try this one first thing this morning. Steeped, it smelled delicious, but I think I oversteeped it, because the flavor was overpowered by the black tea base. I got some vanilla and some graham cracker, but really, the black tea was a bit bitter. I did a 4-minute steep, so I think next time, I’ll have to try it at 3 minutes. This one might also benefit from a lower temperature. Will have to try that out. One thing I think would help is if they added steeping parameters to the bags. Overall though, I think this tea could be great, but I need to find the optimum parameters to bring out the goodness!

VariaTEA

I emailed and called Herbal Infusions a couple of times and haven’t heard back. In fact, I was emailing to let them know (1) they left something out of my order and (2) they sent me duplicates of teas and I wanted to know if I should send them back. I never heard back :(

Also, vanilla pudding and graham crackers sounds awesome so I am sorry the taste didn’t come through.

VariaTEA

Yeah. I am not too worried though as it is a busy time of year and I will reach out to them again once I am back from my vacation.

This tea is a nice treat. It satisfies the need for something sweet, without actually being truly sweet. Tricky, tricky. I love the graham-ness. I said last time I would consider rotating this one in, and this time around I ordered a sample rather than a full 50g. I need to remember next time to just bite the bullet and get 50g.

Update: Oh yes, I’ll definitely need more. I finished off my cup far too quickly, without even realizing it, then stared longingly into my empty mug.

J is working overtime tonight until 2am. That means I need to get more done. I always work better when he’s not here to be a distraction. :P

The flavours I want to add are never options. I shall send a third flavour email now.

Kittenna

LOL @ flavour email. Also, I should check out Herbal Infusions’ teas. I don’t think they had this one at the Toronto Tea Festival (and I don’t think I’ve ever checked out their website).

Courtney

This one is tasty Kittenna. I’ve found their teas “real” tasting, which I love. None of the over-the-top fake sweetness. :) If you’d like I can send you some. I only have a handful at the moment, but I’m more than happy to share.

VariaTEA

They were supposed to add a sample of this to my last order but it never showed :(

Courtney

Oh no! I can send you some if you like. :)

VariaTEA

I wouldn’t want to take it away since you only have a sample. I think I might want some more Strawberry Justice so I can toss in a sample them. However, I may take you up on the offer if I haven’t tried it by the time you decide to stock up :P

Courtney

Oh hehe, I have a cart going already, specifically so I can buy 50g. I talked my friend into ordering more Cacao since she was out. :P

VariaTEA

I was looking at building a cart because I want more Strawberry Justice. However, $5 shipping on $6.50 worth of tea is hard to justify.

Courtney

I absolutely agree. Did you want to add the Strawberry Justice to our order?

VariaTEA

That is nice to offer but I imagine shipping from you to me would probably be over $5. Thank you though.

VariaTEA

Unless you are planning on dropping by Montreal anytime soon :P

Courtney

Yeah, I may not have thought that one all the way through. My gorgeous physics prof is from Quebec though. Hmm.

VariaTEA

There are some attractive people here :P.

Kittenna

I realize this thread is now from 7 months ago, but it sounds like, aside from the pokey shipping, you guys seem to rather like a bunch of HI stuff! I may have to nab samples from someone(s) at some point.

Got this… gosh, it seems like ages ago. It’s been at least a year. Found it in my tea exploration (meaning: trying to figure out where all my tea was stored during a six month trip to Europe). Doubt I’ll ever buy anything from this company because of the horrid customer service (saying it was shipped when it wasn’t, getting a package two months later, zero communication about any of it), so I wanted to try and enjoy this.

Sure, it does, KIND of taste like a graham cracker. There’s a graininess to it that’s pleasant, I get the cookie bit, it’s sweet and almost caramel-y, there’s a faint (VERY faint) smokiness to it… I just can’t get over the customer service bits, and so am likely not enjoying this as much as I should be.

Flavors: Graham Cracker, Sweet

Fjellrev

I agree. I’m still so grateful to PayPal for coming through and helping me get my money back from them.

MissB

Holy crap, that’s horrible. I mean, I eventually got all my tea, but it took a lot of calling, emailing and harassing them before I was even acknowledged. Never again.

Fjellrev

Ech, that’s still terrible that you had to go through all that trouble. I tried emailing maybe 2-3 times? Oh well, there are better teas out there anyway.

Afternoon tea of the day. Nice, subtler and less eerily dead on and strong than Della Terra’s S’mores, but also avoids the off-putting built-up plasticky element in DT’s. I don’t think I’d restock but it was no problem drinking it down today.

Courtney

I really enjoyed this one. I ordered another sample recently because I couldn’t see getting through 50g fast enough hah.

Another sample thanks to MissB! I do like the flavor pretty well on this one… it’s lightly sweet, a touch creamy, a bit cinnamon-spicy. However, there is something in the blend that is making the back of my throat itch just after I swallow. It is fairly unpleasant. Don’t know what it could be, but I’m sorry I won’t be able to finish the cup.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Caveat Emptor! This company does not have their act together. My order was either never sent or lost in the mail, it took anywhere from a few hours to two weeks for them to answer emails, and when I finally got my order after six weeks, one of the items was missing.

This is pretty tasty. It does remind me of golden grahams. It has a honey-like sweetness, and a definite pastry note. It was a touch sour and a bit drying, but that’s probably because I oversteeped it. I’ll probably try blending this since it tastes like it would be good with cinnamon or marshmallow flavors.

Cold Brew.

I’m still working at figuring out how I can best enjoy this one. I thought cold brewing might be an acceptable route so I tried that next. It’s still very “meh” overall, but again not bad. It was very chocolate/coconut heavy which is nice and all, but where is the “graham” which this blend is named after.

I’m kinda over having to fight to find a way to enjoy this one; I think I’ll be happy when it’s gone. Sorry HI; I’m still unimpressed with what I’ve seen…

mj

If you have to work to enjoy it….NEXT! Later, problem tea

A sample from MissB – this one was decent, enjoyable. Mildly sweet and suggestive of graham crackers. It didn’t blow my mind but I can definitely see where they’re coming from. There was something weak about it, but that might be because I added milk.

It was a good cuppa, anyhow!

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you TraceyC for sending this my way. This is one of the HI teas I have wanted to try for a while now so I am grateful for the opportunity. This is not bad, though a tad thin. It smells awesome, just like a graham cracker, and tastes very similar, I just wish the flavor was stronger.

In other, but related news, I came across this interesting tidbit on wikipedia about the history of the graham cracker: "Reverend Graham would often lecture on “self-abuse” as masturbation was commonly called at the time. Graham would often say how these experiences were inspired by children eating crackers. One of his many theories was that one could curb one’s sexual appetite by eating bland foods. Another man who held this belief was John Harvey Kellogg, the inventor of the corn flakes cereal." The more you know :)

MissB

Jeepers. Really? I’m… wow.

VariaTEA

I was pretty confused too. I wonder if this is one of those instances when someone fudged with the wikipedia page as a joke.

Cheri

I’ve heard this before, in my psychology of sex class back in the mid-90s.

aisling of tea

Yeah, no, this is totally legit. We learned about it in Sexual Deviance XD

Sami Kelsh

Yep, legit.

Though I can also say that I have empirically proven on a number of occasions that enjoying a tasty snack of delicious graham crackers or cornflakes does nothing to curb impure thoughts and impulses.

courtney scoured my tea ratings and found a tea i hadn’t tried yet. Mostly i think she’s nuts since i’ve SEEEN how big a pain in the ass my tasting list is.. 1593 teas, over 160 pages. On the upside? I am not a picky swapper lol I think this one just reconfirms my feeling that HI’s black base just isn’t for me. The teas aren’t bad..but they all have this similar feeling to them, even when there is COCONUT! in them. Also, i think this tea confuses me a lot because when i think of graham…i think of smores. and this is not smores tea. also..coconut? that doesn’t seem right. BUT i did drink up a giant mug of this, so like i said…not BAD, just not deliciously wonderful :) Thanks courtney!

Courtney

Hehe. I tried so hard to find teas for you that you haven’t tried.

VariaTEA

I know the struggle well of trying to find teas to surprise Sil with. Luckily the local companies I had to send started with “C” so I could sort by company name and see what was tried pretty quickly.

that’s part of why i love it when i can get local company teas from ppl….i also have gotten in the habit of, instead of going page by page in ppl’s tasting notes. go in 3..then just change the URL to whatever page i want to jump to instead of steepsters 3 at a time thing…