Black Tea, Natural Flavours, Organic Coconut
Cinnamon, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

• “I finally got my Herbal Infusions order! So much new tea to drink! I have to say, Dan was really communicative throughout, which totally made me feel better about the delay. Anyway, this tea...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 608 tasting notes
  • “This tea is a nice treat. It satisfies the need for something sweet, without actually being truly sweet. Tricky, tricky. I love the graham-ness. I said last time I would consider rotating this one...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 700 tasting notes
  • “Slept a good portion of the day due to being up until 5am. Ripped back the hat I'm making for a friend for his birthday tomorrow, because I read the instructions wrong. Luckily it's just to the...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1146 tasting notes
  • “Afternoon tea of the day. Nice, subtler and less eerily dead on and strong than Della Terra's S'mores, but also avoids the off-putting built-up plasticky element in DT's. I don't think I'd...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 613 tasting notes

From Herbal Infusions

A premium Ceylon Orange Pekoe forms the base of this dessert-like tea and is hand blended with organic coconut shred and natural flavourings. Thanks to everyone that came out to our Yelp! Speakeasy tea event to help name this tea. We would like to think we definitely hit a graham slam with this tea.

Like all our tea blends that are made in house we use premium ingredients and natural, organic tea flavourings.

About Herbal Infusions View company

Anyway, this tea smelled so good. Like vanilla pudding and graham crackers. I decided to try this one first thing this morning. Steeped, it smelled delicious, but I think I oversteeped it, because the flavor was overpowered by the black tea base. I got some vanilla and some graham cracker, but really, the black tea was a bit bitter. I did a 4-minute steep, so I think next time, I’ll have to try it at 3 minutes. This one might also benefit from a lower temperature. Will have to try that out. One thing I think would help is if they added steeping parameters to the bags. Overall though, I think this tea could be great, but I need to find the optimum parameters to bring out the goodness!

VariaTEA

I emailed and called Herbal Infusions a couple of times and haven’t heard back. In fact, I was emailing to let them know (1) they left something out of my order and (2) they sent me duplicates of teas and I wanted to know if I should send them back. I never heard back :(

Also, vanilla pudding and graham crackers sounds awesome so I am sorry the taste didn’t come through.

VariaTEA

Yeah. I am not too worried though as it is a busy time of year and I will reach out to them again once I am back from my vacation.

This tea is a nice treat. It satisfies the need for something sweet, without actually being truly sweet. Tricky, tricky. I love the graham-ness. I said last time I would consider rotating this one in, and this time around I ordered a sample rather than a full 50g. I need to remember next time to just bite the bullet and get 50g.

Update: Oh yes, I’ll definitely need more. I finished off my cup far too quickly, without even realizing it, then stared longingly into my empty mug.

J is working overtime tonight until 2am. That means I need to get more done. I always work better when he’s not here to be a distraction. :P

The flavours I want to add are never options. I shall send a third flavour email now.

Kittenna

LOL @ flavour email. Also, I should check out Herbal Infusions’ teas. I don’t think they had this one at the Toronto Tea Festival (and I don’t think I’ve ever checked out their website).

Courtney

This one is tasty Kittenna. I’ve found their teas “real” tasting, which I love. None of the over-the-top fake sweetness. :) If you’d like I can send you some. I only have a handful at the moment, but I’m more than happy to share.

VariaTEA

They were supposed to add a sample of this to my last order but it never showed :(

Courtney

Oh no! I can send you some if you like. :)

VariaTEA

I wouldn’t want to take it away since you only have a sample. I think I might want some more Strawberry Justice so I can toss in a sample them. However, I may take you up on the offer if I haven’t tried it by the time you decide to stock up :P

Courtney

Oh hehe, I have a cart going already, specifically so I can buy 50g. I talked my friend into ordering more Cacao since she was out. :P

VariaTEA

I was looking at building a cart because I want more Strawberry Justice. However, $5 shipping on $6.50 worth of tea is hard to justify.

Courtney

I absolutely agree. Did you want to add the Strawberry Justice to our order?

VariaTEA

That is nice to offer but I imagine shipping from you to me would probably be over $5. Thank you though.

VariaTEA

Unless you are planning on dropping by Montreal anytime soon :P

Courtney

Yeah, I may not have thought that one all the way through. My gorgeous physics prof is from Quebec though. Hmm.

VariaTEA

There are some attractive people here :P.

Kittenna

I realize this thread is now from 7 months ago, but it sounds like, aside from the pokey shipping, you guys seem to rather like a bunch of HI stuff! I may have to nab samples from someone(s) at some point.

Slept a good portion of the day due to being up until 5am. Ripped back the hat I’m making for a friend for his birthday tomorrow, because I read the instructions wrong. Luckily it’s just to the decrease section. Cancelled a first date for the evening due to said sore throat, and their response just confirmed I made the right choice: “I’ll resist the urge to comment on what I can do to ease your throat. ;)” Jeepers.

So, I was thrilled to see my first of two Herbal Infusions orders arrive today; this one I’ve been patiently waiting for since Oct 26th. It’s December 13th. Tracking from Canada Post says #2 will be here on the weekend, or Tuesday. Yay!

This tea called to me, in part because of having Whispering Pines’ Ginger Snaps last night and hoping this might be a good substitute for when I want a black.

Out of the bag it smells DELICIOUS. Almost like a rich chocolate with very faint notes of coconut to add some creaminess. Steeped it smells more like coconut than anything.

Drinking it is interesting. It’s creamy and full, and I can taste the Ceylon base quite distinctly – may be from the (yet again) oversteep, however there’s zero dryness or tartness even though there should be. Getting the ‘graham’ part is a bit of a stretch, even though I can see where it’s coming from at the start of the sip – a bit bready. Sweetened with some Truvia and this POPS. Wow. Definitely the way to drink it. More graham cracker sweet, with a slight touch of bite, and a hint of Ceylon.

I doubt I’ll reach for this daily, however it is very good.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

wow first date and he’s already cracking those comments…haha Looking forward to reading your reviews on the other HI teas you picked up :)

MissB

Heh. Yea, I was a bit surprised. He eventually realized how that came across and said, “I should really re-read what I type… I was going for ‘rooibos rips up your throat like it does mine’”. Heh.

I’m going to try them all out with any luck this weekend. Well, and then their holiday ones whenever they show up.

Courtney

I have been so impressed with HI so far. This one included!

Dexter

LOL I ordered this one too….

Afternoon tea of the day. Nice, subtler and less eerily dead on and strong than Della Terra’s S’mores, but also avoids the off-putting built-up plasticky element in DT’s. I don’t think I’d restock but it was no problem drinking it down today.

Courtney

I really enjoyed this one. I ordered another sample recently because I couldn’t see getting through 50g fast enough hah.

2007 tasting notes

Another sample thanks to MissB! I do like the flavor pretty well on this one… it’s lightly sweet, a touch creamy, a bit cinnamon-spicy. However, there is something in the blend that is making the back of my throat itch just after I swallow. It is fairly unpleasant. Don’t know what it could be, but I’m sorry I won’t be able to finish the cup.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Cold Brew.

I’m still working at figuring out how I can best enjoy this one. I thought cold brewing might be an acceptable route so I tried that next. It’s still very “meh” overall, but again not bad. It was very chocolate/coconut heavy which is nice and all, but where is the “graham” which this blend is named after.

I’m kinda over having to fight to find a way to enjoy this one; I think I’ll be happy when it’s gone. Sorry HI; I’m still unimpressed with what I’ve seen…

mj

If you have to work to enjoy it….NEXT! Later, problem tea

A sample from MissB – this one was decent, enjoyable. Mildly sweet and suggestive of graham crackers. It didn’t blow my mind but I can definitely see where they’re coming from. There was something weak about it, but that might be because I added milk.

It was a good cuppa, anyhow!

Thanks for sharing!

2015 tasting notes

Thank you TraceyC for sending this my way. This is one of the HI teas I have wanted to try for a while now so I am grateful for the opportunity. This is not bad, though a tad thin. It smells awesome, just like a graham cracker, and tastes very similar, I just wish the flavor was stronger.

In other, but related news, I came across this interesting tidbit on wikipedia about the history of the graham cracker: "Reverend Graham would often lecture on “self-abuse” as masturbation was commonly called at the time. Graham would often say how these experiences were inspired by children eating crackers. One of his many theories was that one could curb one’s sexual appetite by eating bland foods. Another man who held this belief was John Harvey Kellogg, the inventor of the corn flakes cereal." The more you know :)

MissB

Jeepers. Really? I’m… wow.

VariaTEA

I was pretty confused too. I wonder if this is one of those instances when someone fudged with the wikipedia page as a joke.

Cheri

I’ve heard this before, in my psychology of sex class back in the mid-90s.

aisling of tea

Yeah, no, this is totally legit. We learned about it in Sexual Deviance XD

Sami Kelsh

Yep, legit.

Though I can also say that I have empirically proven on a number of occasions that enjoying a tasty snack of delicious graham crackers or cornflakes does nothing to curb impure thoughts and impulses.

courtney scoured my tea ratings and found a tea i hadn’t tried yet. Mostly i think she’s nuts since i’ve SEEEN how big a pain in the ass my tasting list is.. 1593 teas, over 160 pages. On the upside? I am not a picky swapper lol I think this one just reconfirms my feeling that HI’s black base just isn’t for me. The teas aren’t bad..but they all have this similar feeling to them, even when there is COCONUT! in them. Also, i think this tea confuses me a lot because when i think of graham…i think of smores. and this is not smores tea. also..coconut? that doesn’t seem right. BUT i did drink up a giant mug of this, so like i said…not BAD, just not deliciously wonderful :) Thanks courtney!

Courtney

Hehe. I tried so hard to find teas for you that you haven’t tried.

VariaTEA

I know the struggle well of trying to find teas to surprise Sil with. Luckily the local companies I had to send started with “C” so I could sort by company name and see what was tried pretty quickly.

that’s part of why i love it when i can get local company teas from ppl….i also have gotten in the habit of, instead of going page by page in ppl’s tasting notes. go in 3..then just change the URL to whatever page i want to jump to instead of steepsters 3 at a time thing…

Oh dear, my palate doesn’t understand this one. The dry leaf smells off to me, like stale starch.

And it pretty much tastes like that too. I’m not sure if it’s the base with which I am having a problem, like others have, or if it’s the flavouring, or what. Even half and half won’t save it. It’s like a really old tea bag. No spices, no vanilla, no coconut, nada. I had a cup last night and it was the same thing.

One more cup and we’ll see if it’s a 3/3 stale fail.

VariaTEA

I have wanted to try this one because of all the positive reviews so it is a little comforting to see that I may not necessarily be missing out on something amazing.

Fjellrev

I have enough left for one cup so if you’d like to still try it, I can happily send it your way. It’s so odd, this one. I feel like my palate is broken or something.

VariaTEA

Oh no. Haha. And thank you but it is okay. I will be picking up so more Strawberry Justice eventually so I will just toss a sample in then.

Anna

Well, you know what slam means in Swedish…

Fjellrev

Haha good luck on it then, VariaTEA! Strawberry Justice is that good, eh? Maybe I’ll rip open that packet next. :)

Shudder subliminal messaging right there, Anna.

Courtney

Aw I love this one. That’s too bad.