Napa Blanc

Fruit Green Blend
Flavouring, Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers, Sugar Crystals
Candy, Grapes, Jasmine, Muscatel, Sweet, White Wine, Fruity, Vegetal, Bitter, White Grapes, Spices, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

• “Picked this up online. I think Lupicia has a habit of releasing things in store only to see how well they go over before putting them online. Whatever the case I am so happy I finally get to try...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Courtesy of Sare – thank you! :) This is my first tea from Lupicia but won’t be my last. I love the blend of jasmine with a hint of grape, just enough so that...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I had a sachet of this yesterday at tea time. I am not the biggest fan of grape-flavored stuff, but this had an intense muscat/white grape flavor that was pretty distinct from most grape flavor....” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2069 tasting notes
  • “Another tea that came from the Lupicia grab bag… I’m afraid I’m not such a big fan of this. The muscat is way too sweet and artificial and the jasmine is yucky. It does smell...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2663 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Created in the spirit of California wine country, Japanese green tea scented with muscat grape and jasmine.

About Lupicia View company

So, I decided to have some of this tea the other day and made a fascinating discovery. The first steep was still a bit charcoal-y on the backend. However, I used the same tea bag (mostly because I was being thrifty) and made a second cup of tea, and guess what !?

No more charcoal on the back end!

The second steep was smooth and had all of the flavor and none of what I didn’t like. I highly recommend trying a second steep of the same tea bag if you’re a bit turned off by some of the backend on the first steep.

:-) :-)

First coherent descriptor that came through in my head after the surprised and delighted initial “Yum!” as I leaned over to inhale the steeping cup was … Juicy Fruit gum. Kind of honeysuckle-ish but I can see where it’s grape, too, reminding me of the wild grape vine in our backyard growing up… my dog used to love it when I peeled back the tart skin and squeezed the juicy, firm sweet inner orb into her mouth on a hot day. Forgot about that preciousness until this moment, and this tea, more than 30 years later :)

The Juicy Fruit carried through from aroma to flavor, as well, much cleaner and as sweet as the gum. Second steep is every bit as good, though with a hint of astringency on the finish that could have been due to leaving it in too long, can’t say.

I love this tea, it’s setting off the pleasure receptors in my brain, big time. A big thank you to Crystal for hooking me on this smack.

This tea smells great, but for me I wasn’t a fan of the taste at all. This is why I love Lupicia though, like any good tea salon they have no problem with making you a cup to try before you buy anything, which I was definitely thankful for doing with this one (un)fortunately.

Sugarman48

A great tea – light in flavor with a nose full of grape but a subdued and balanced tea, light grape and hint of jasmine. Perfect for taking your mind off of cares and worries while your brain turns to deciphering the flavor notes of the liquid in your mouth.

This is one of the special edition Lupicia teas that I’d been curious about for a long time, but never committed to buying because I don’t always enjoy grape flavor. As it turns out, I did like this one, thanks beelicious for the sample!

The blend looks like it’s made up of sencha, jasmine flowers, and konpeito. The scent is that of white grape juice or grape candy. After brewing, more of a jasmine aroma emerges. The tea itself is light and smooth, with a good, slightly grassy base, and the jasmine and grape flavors balance it nicely. There is nothing artificial about the grape, and I was pleasantly surprised to find it not being the dominant flavor but rather playing well with the others. Overall, it’s a very refreshing, bright-tasting tea, and would be great as an iced tea as well.

CHAroma

Just Googled konpeito…now I really want to try some!

Mikumofu

I snuck one before I brewed the tea, haha, it’s very sweet!

At a minute in boiling water, somehow this does manage to taste and smell like those little hard grape candies. So much nostalgia! Some burnt bitterness does creep out near the end but it’s not as bad as I anticipated when I saw the suggested steeping parameters.

Thanks, OMGsrsly (and MissB)!

Flavors: Candy, Grapes, Jasmine, Muscatel

Cooking TTB #9

I probably came in to this one with too high of expectations after having tried their Jingle Bells blend and falling in love with the sparly grape flavor it had. I wanted more a more complex flavor out of this than I felt like I got. It was nearly there when I had it cold, but I wasn’t as happy with it hot as I had hoped to be. I’d pick Jingle Bells over this, but this is growing on me as the cup goes on. This is another one I’ve been hoping to try since finding Lupicia!

Cooking TTB #2

This isn’t tea…it’s white wine! Such a lovely, natural grape flavor with a bit of sweetness and just a touch of jasmine. I’m loving this hot, but I’m guessing it would be even better iced. Add this to the list of Lupicia teas I’ll be ordering whenever I can manage to justify buying more tea!

Flavors: Jasmine, Sweet, White Wine

The Cookie Lady

I can’t wait to try this! That is…if there’s any left for me to try ;)

Oh this is wonderful. I keep thinking that I’m losing interest in flavoured teas and then one like this comes along.

I’m no usually into grape flavoured stuff, but this is such a light, natural tasting grape, and it compliments the delicate vegetal tea so beautifully. There’s just a hint of jasmine, which is nice and subtle. Delicious.

Flavors: Fruity, Grapes, Jasmine, Sweet, Vegetal

Cameron B.

I do still enjoy flavored teas, I’m just much more picky about them now. :)

OMGsrsly

I thought this one tasted like bubblegum! It smells SO good, though.

Grape candy. The kind you get in Japan, those “champagne grape” jellies.

Yep.

Definitely.

It’s nice, I LOVE that you steep it for a short time at boiling, and it does taste good, but I don’t think I loooooove the tea. I’ll have to wait till I finish the mug. It’s a touch bitter, so I’d steep it again for 1:30 instead of 1:45.

Flavors: Bitter, Candy, Grapes, White Grapes

Boiling 1 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This sample came from mj, thanks dear! I’ve had a few more swaps since hers so her teas are starting to get buried under a pile of other flavored teas. :P This one is small, dark sencha leaves with a couple of white flower buds and a single piece of white spiky rock candy. Dry scent is sweet grape with a light floral edge. I steeped a level teaspoon for 2 minutes at 175 degrees.

Once brewed, the tea smells like white grape juice and rock candy! Yum, I’m really loving this one. It’s a nice combination of sweet white grape with subtle jasmine and mild vegetal sencha. Now, I’m not the biggest proponent of jasmine, but it’s used with a deft hand here and doesn’t overpower the other flavors. The grape is authentic and delicous and doesn’t taste candylike at all, and the sencha is quite mild and sweet. There’s some here that tastes a bit spice-like to me, a warming spice like clove or cinnamon? But it’s just the tiniest hint. Overall, yum!

Flavors: Jasmine, Spices, Sweet, Vegetal, White Grapes, White Wine