Napa Blanc

Fruit Green Blend
Flavouring, Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers, Sugar Crystals
Jasmine, Sweet, White Wine, Fruity, Grapes, Vegetal, Bitter, Candy, White Grapes, Spices, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

• “Picked this up online. I think Lupicia has a habit of releasing things in store only to see how well they go over before putting them online. Whatever the case I am so happy I finally get to try...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Courtesy of *Sare* - thank you! :) This is my first tea from Lupicia but won't be my last. I love the blend of jasmine with a hint of grape, just enough so that it's not artificial. It really is...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I had a sachet of this yesterday at tea time. I am not the biggest fan of grape-flavored stuff, but this had an intense muscat/white grape flavor that was pretty distinct from most grape flavor....” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2030 tasting notes
  • “Another tea that came from the Lupicia grab bag... I'm afraid I'm not such a big fan of this. The muscat is way too sweet and artificial and the jasmine is yucky. It does smell exactly like Juicy...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2577 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Created in the spirit of California wine country, Japanese green tea scented with muscat grape and jasmine.

About Lupicia View company

So, I decided to have some of this tea the other day and made a fascinating discovery. The first steep was still a bit charcoal-y on the backend. However, I used the same tea bag (mostly because I was being thrifty) and made a second cup of tea, and guess what !?

No more charcoal on the back end!

The second steep was smooth and had all of the flavor and none of what I didn’t like. I highly recommend trying a second steep of the same tea bag if you’re a bit turned off by some of the backend on the first steep.

:-) :-)

First coherent descriptor that came through in my head after the surprised and delighted initial “Yum!” as I leaned over to inhale the steeping cup was … Juicy Fruit gum. Kind of honeysuckle-ish but I can see where it’s grape, too, reminding me of the wild grape vine in our backyard growing up… my dog used to love it when I peeled back the tart skin and squeezed the juicy, firm sweet inner orb into her mouth on a hot day. Forgot about that preciousness until this moment, and this tea, more than 30 years later :)

The Juicy Fruit carried through from aroma to flavor, as well, much cleaner and as sweet as the gum. Second steep is every bit as good, though with a hint of astringency on the finish that could have been due to leaving it in too long, can’t say.

I love this tea, it’s setting off the pleasure receptors in my brain, big time. A big thank you to Crystal for hooking me on this smack.

This tea smells great, but for me I wasn’t a fan of the taste at all. This is why I love Lupicia though, like any good tea salon they have no problem with making you a cup to try before you buy anything, which I was definitely thankful for doing with this one (un)fortunately.

Sugarman48

A great tea – light in flavor with a nose full of grape but a subdued and balanced tea, light grape and hint of jasmine. Perfect for taking your mind off of cares and worries while your brain turns to deciphering the flavor notes of the liquid in your mouth.

Cooking TTB #2

This isn’t tea…it’s white wine! Such a lovely, natural grape flavor with a bit of sweetness and just a touch of jasmine. I’m loving this hot, but I’m guessing it would be even better iced. Add this to the list of Lupicia teas I’ll be ordering whenever I can manage to justify buying more tea!

Flavors: Jasmine, Sweet, White Wine

The Cookie Lady

I can’t wait to try this! That is…if there’s any left for me to try ;)

Oh this is wonderful. I keep thinking that I’m losing interest in flavoured teas and then one like this comes along.

I’m no usually into grape flavoured stuff, but this is such a light, natural tasting grape, and it compliments the delicate vegetal tea so beautifully. There’s just a hint of jasmine, which is nice and subtle. Delicious.

Flavors: Fruity, Grapes, Jasmine, Sweet, Vegetal

Cameron B.

I do still enjoy flavored teas, I’m just much more picky about them now. :)

OMGsrsly

I thought this one tasted like bubblegum! It smells SO good, though.

Grape candy. The kind you get in Japan, those “champagne grape” jellies.

Yep.

Definitely.

It’s nice, I LOVE that you steep it for a short time at boiling, and it does taste good, but I don’t think I loooooove the tea. I’ll have to wait till I finish the mug. It’s a touch bitter, so I’d steep it again for 1:30 instead of 1:45.

Flavors: Bitter, Candy, Grapes, White Grapes

Boiling 1 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This sample came from mj, thanks dear! I’ve had a few more swaps since hers so her teas are starting to get buried under a pile of other flavored teas. :P This one is small, dark sencha leaves with a couple of white flower buds and a single piece of white spiky rock candy. Dry scent is sweet grape with a light floral edge. I steeped a level teaspoon for 2 minutes at 175 degrees.

Once brewed, the tea smells like white grape juice and rock candy! Yum, I’m really loving this one. It’s a nice combination of sweet white grape with subtle jasmine and mild vegetal sencha. Now, I’m not the biggest proponent of jasmine, but it’s used with a deft hand here and doesn’t overpower the other flavors. The grape is authentic and delicous and doesn’t taste candylike at all, and the sencha is quite mild and sweet. There’s some here that tastes a bit spice-like to me, a warming spice like clove or cinnamon? But it’s just the tiniest hint. Overall, yum!

Flavors: Jasmine, Spices, Sweet, Vegetal, White Grapes, White Wine

May have over steeped my first cup a bit. It’s sweet with a bitter kick. But not too bitter to drink. It’s quite sweet. Not really sure that it needs the sugar. Maybe I’ll take out the sugar and try it again later in the day. I love a good sweet white wine but I don’t know that I can really taste…hmm well maybe… I had a taste of wine grapes there for a moment.

3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp

I cold brewed this one and added a bit of sweetener, and the flavour I got was epic: like maynard’s wine gums candies with a hint of jasmine. It sounds like an odd combination, but I absolutely loved it and found it quite refreshing. The slight astringency also added to it, giving me the same mouth sensation as dry white wine.

I’m really not sure how to feel about this tea at the moment. It reminds me a lot of Lupicia’s muscat tea, but with a little more tang. Dry it smelled faintly like bubblegum, but once brewed I’m getting muscat and jasmine. I may have over leafed this because it tastes really strong. It is also reminding me a bit of Stassen’s jasmine tea with the super potent jasmine pucker. I really enjoy that tea cold, so I’ll have to try this one cold some day as well. The aftertaste of this tea is really strong and lingers for a while with a bit of that tang hanging on as well which is kinda nice. Verdict is still out on this one.

TeaBrat

ugh, I hated this… lol

Lariel of Lórien

There was too much jasmine.

Dustin

Usually I love too much jasmine, but it is a little odd with the muscat.