Napa Blanc

Fruit Green Blend
Flavouring, Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers, Sugar Crystals
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

• “Picked this up online. I think Lupicia has a habit of releasing things in store only to see how well they go over before putting them online. Whatever the case I am so happy I finally get to try...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Courtesy of *Sare* - thank you! :) This is my first tea from Lupicia but won't be my last. I love the blend of jasmine with a hint of grape, just enough so that it's not artificial. It really is...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I had a sachet of this yesterday at tea time. I am not the biggest fan of grape-flavored stuff, but this had an intense muscat/white grape flavor that was pretty distinct from most grape flavor....” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1848 tasting notes
  • “Another tea that came from the Lupicia grab bag... I'm afraid I'm not such a big fan of this. The muscat is way too sweet and artificial and the jasmine is yucky. It does smell exactly like Juicy...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2163 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Created in the spirit of California wine country, Japanese green tea scented with muscat grape and jasmine.

About Lupicia View company

So, I decided to have some of this tea the other day and made a fascinating discovery. The first steep was still a bit charcoal-y on the backend. However, I used the same tea bag (mostly because I was being thrifty) and made a second cup of tea, and guess what !?

No more charcoal on the back end!

The second steep was smooth and had all of the flavor and none of what I didn’t like. I highly recommend trying a second steep of the same tea bag if you’re a bit turned off by some of the backend on the first steep.

:-) :-)

First coherent descriptor that came through in my head after the surprised and delighted initial “Yum!” as I leaned over to inhale the steeping cup was … Juicy Fruit gum. Kind of honeysuckle-ish but I can see where it’s grape, too, reminding me of the wild grape vine in our backyard growing up… my dog used to love it when I peeled back the tart skin and squeezed the juicy, firm sweet inner orb into her mouth on a hot day. Forgot about that preciousness until this moment, and this tea, more than 30 years later :)

The Juicy Fruit carried through from aroma to flavor, as well, much cleaner and as sweet as the gum. Second steep is every bit as good, though with a hint of astringency on the finish that could have been due to leaving it in too long, can’t say.

I love this tea, it’s setting off the pleasure receptors in my brain, big time. A big thank you to Crystal for hooking me on this smack.

This tea smells great, but for me I wasn’t a fan of the taste at all. This is why I love Lupicia though, like any good tea salon they have no problem with making you a cup to try before you buy anything, which I was definitely thankful for doing with this one (un)fortunately.

Sugarman48

A great tea – light in flavor with a nose full of grape but a subdued and balanced tea, light grape and hint of jasmine. Perfect for taking your mind off of cares and worries while your brain turns to deciphering the flavor notes of the liquid in your mouth.

Here’s another tea I bought for Allie, and tried at her house yesterday. I thought this was a nice enough tea, and the flavors came together well, but the flavoring is a bit too much for me. This was just a little too artificial for me, especially because many of the flavors in this can be found naturally in other teas.

TeaBrat

I did not like this at all, eww

Like the Momoko, this is a flavored tea with sugar crystals in it. (These ones are lumpy instead of geometric, which makes me wonder if there’s a little of the flavor infused into the crystals and that’s why there’s a difference.)

I find I like this tea for the same reason that other reviewers didn’t: its scent, hot or straight from the tin, is strongly reminiscent of a white wine without the alcoholic bite. I don’t notice the taste of the actual tea leaves in this so much, but that may be a reflection on how well it was blended; the tea and the flavor fit together to give you something that is sweet without being too sweet, yet it has a white wine tartness which lingers in your mouth (sans the cloying qualities of actual white wine).

This is another tea where I bought some a year ago, finished it thinking maybe I’m not a fan of flavored teas like this, and then found myself wanting it again recently. It’s a flavor which grew on me over time.