Napa Blanc

Fruit Green Blend
Flavouring, Green Tea, Jasmine Flowers, Sugar Crystals
Flowers, Grapes
Edit tea info Last updated by jump62359

• “Picked this up online. I think Lupicia has a habit of releasing things in store only to see how well they go over before putting them online. Whatever the case I am so happy I finally get to try...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Courtesy of *Sare* - thank you! :) This is my first tea from Lupicia but won't be my last. I love the blend of jasmine with a hint of grape, just enough so that it's not artificial. It really is...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “I had a sachet of this yesterday at tea time. I am not the biggest fan of grape-flavored stuff, but this had an intense muscat/white grape flavor that was pretty distinct from most grape flavor....” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1915 tasting notes
  • “Another tea that came from the Lupicia grab bag... I'm afraid I'm not such a big fan of this. The muscat is way too sweet and artificial and the jasmine is yucky. It does smell exactly like Juicy...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2309 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Created in the spirit of California wine country, Japanese green tea scented with muscat grape and jasmine.

About Lupicia View company

So, I decided to have some of this tea the other day and made a fascinating discovery. The first steep was still a bit charcoal-y on the backend. However, I used the same tea bag (mostly because I was being thrifty) and made a second cup of tea, and guess what !?

No more charcoal on the back end!

The second steep was smooth and had all of the flavor and none of what I didn’t like. I highly recommend trying a second steep of the same tea bag if you’re a bit turned off by some of the backend on the first steep.

:-) :-)

First coherent descriptor that came through in my head after the surprised and delighted initial “Yum!” as I leaned over to inhale the steeping cup was … Juicy Fruit gum. Kind of honeysuckle-ish but I can see where it’s grape, too, reminding me of the wild grape vine in our backyard growing up… my dog used to love it when I peeled back the tart skin and squeezed the juicy, firm sweet inner orb into her mouth on a hot day. Forgot about that preciousness until this moment, and this tea, more than 30 years later :)

The Juicy Fruit carried through from aroma to flavor, as well, much cleaner and as sweet as the gum. Second steep is every bit as good, though with a hint of astringency on the finish that could have been due to leaving it in too long, can’t say.

I love this tea, it’s setting off the pleasure receptors in my brain, big time. A big thank you to Crystal for hooking me on this smack.

This tea smells great, but for me I wasn’t a fan of the taste at all. This is why I love Lupicia though, like any good tea salon they have no problem with making you a cup to try before you buy anything, which I was definitely thankful for doing with this one (un)fortunately.

Sugarman48

A great tea – light in flavor with a nose full of grape but a subdued and balanced tea, light grape and hint of jasmine. Perfect for taking your mind off of cares and worries while your brain turns to deciphering the flavor notes of the liquid in your mouth.

I cold brewed this one and added a bit of sweetener, and the flavour I got was epic: like maynard’s wine gums candies with a hint of jasmine. It sounds like an odd combination, but I absolutely loved it and found it quite refreshing. The slight astringency also added to it, giving me the same mouth sensation as dry white wine.

I’m really not sure how to feel about this tea at the moment. It reminds me a lot of Lupicia’s muscat tea, but with a little more tang. Dry it smelled faintly like bubblegum, but once brewed I’m getting muscat and jasmine. I may have over leafed this because it tastes really strong. It is also reminding me a bit of Stassen’s jasmine tea with the super potent jasmine pucker. I really enjoy that tea cold, so I’ll have to try this one cold some day as well. The aftertaste of this tea is really strong and lingers for a while with a bit of that tang hanging on as well which is kinda nice. Verdict is still out on this one.

TeaBrat

ugh, I hated this… lol

Lariel

There was too much jasmine.

Dustin

Usually I love too much jasmine, but it is a little odd with the muscat.

From the name, I’m assuming it’s supposed to have notes of white wine. I honestly don’t know how wine is supposed to taste like since I’ve never had alcohol before! Yep. People are very surprised to hear that I don’t drink and I’m like.. I’m not old enough?? So yeah. That’s a thing that happens all the time.
I have cooked with alcohol before. White wine in our risotto, red in our coq au vin, beer in our bbq shrimp, and oh our tequila lime chicken was quite possibly the BEST thing I’ve ever tasted! But never alcohol on it’s own.

This one smells nice! It smells familiar in a way with the muscat since I always had muscat gummies when I was younger. This tea looks and smells great! I love the addition of the jasmine flowers and the cute little sugar nodes :)
Taste-wise, it’s really good! Oh wow, I really like this one. I think I like muscat flavours over grape. Muscat is sweeter, which I love :) But yeah, I’ve definitely had like 2 muscat teas and 1 grape tea in my life so I can’t really compare them.

I’ve had this tea for a while and only now did I decide to drink it? Dang. Well this is an absolutely wonderful tea. Definitely an ‘everyday’ sort of tea… if only that can be a thing! I have so much tea I need to rotate it all. But at least I know this one is great :)

And I sorta feel like Lupicia is starting to boom here on steepster :) I used to never see them on my dash, but now they’re there all the time, which makes me uber happy :)

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
mj

I think I’m going to have to try Lupicia and if so, I will definitely be adding this tea to my order!

Cheri

It makes me giggle when you talk about your “dash”….I don’t know why. I like it. And I love a good tequila lime chicken, if you’re willing to share the recipe.

jump62359

I never thought I’d like this, just by the name, but you’ll never know once you try and I really like it!

Well, it is steepster.com/dashboard so might as well call it a dash! haha :D
And I’ll send you the recipe! I made sure to save all the recipes we made so I’ll type it up for you :)

TheTeaFairy

The fact that Lupicia now accepts Canadian orders even thought they say they don’t means I can now proudly review their teas, yay :-)

I got this as a sample from the Santa Clara location last month. It smells like these muscat gummies I really like. The flavour is sweet, and floral. Too much jasmine though.
Still glad I got to try this one.

Flavors: Flowers, Grapes

Funny, I usually avoid white wine and savor my reds as I find whites give me a headache. So it was only after I drank this that I read the ingredient list and discovered the reasoning behind the name (duh me!) and that there was jasmine in it. I’d say the grapes and the jasmine blend together beautifully, although this is pre-sweetened, and thus, much sweeter than I expected. I doubt I’ll seek it out again, however it was a tasty tea, and a must-try for white wine lovers.

Thanks jump62359 for sharing this so generously with me!

Thank you jump62359 for sharing this tasty tea. I think it might just be my favorite of all the jasmine teas I have tried so far as it is sweet and floral without tasting perfumey or artificial. Very, very nice.

jump62359

I absolutely love love love my jasmine teas, but I’m definitely just trying to get through all my sipdowns!
I haven’t had this tea yet which is actually surprising me haha. Maybe I’ll enjoy some of this tomorrow or next week :)

VariaTEA

I totally understand that. I went from 140 to 195 in a day so I am certainly trying to get in sipdowns as well but I still want to try my swaps and I am glad I brewed this up :)

Here’s another tea I bought for Allie, and tried at her house yesterday. I thought this was a nice enough tea, and the flavors came together well, but the flavoring is a bit too much for me. This was just a little too artificial for me, especially because many of the flavors in this can be found naturally in other teas.

TeaBrat

I did not like this at all, eww