Muscat Oolong

Oolong Tea
Grapes, Muscatel, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by

• “Sorry for the massive tasting note spam, guys... I was drinking tea and writing notes offline this evening because my computer wasn't playing nice with Safari and Powerpoint open simultaneously. Of...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2609 tasting notes
  • “Out of Cupboard and into shopping list. This is a staple - my daughter and I both love it - she craves it! I am shocked it lasted this long! Its especially good cooled down! Grapey oolong taste...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “This tea is exactly what I hoped it would be. It's my favorite Japanese Kasugai brand Muscat gummies. Only it's liquid and not going to rot my teeth. I'll have to invest in this oolong for...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes
  • “lol, this one is fun. deep, sweet dessert grapes, reminiscent of the ones i used to shove in the freezer and suck the syrup out of when i was a kid. very grape, but not candy. perfect to finish up...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes

From Lupicia

Oolong and sweet muscat grapes.

About Lupicia View company

Sorry for the massive tasting note spam, guys… I was drinking tea and writing notes offline this evening because my computer wasn’t playing nice with Safari and Powerpoint open simultaneously. Of course, it didn’t much care for Powerpoint on its own either…

Ohhhhh man. Does this one ever smell AMAZING! I just selected it since it was at the top of the box, and later realized that it would be good to compare against Plum Oolong from New Mexico Tea Company. No comparison at all, though. This one is strongly grape in aroma… and flavour too! YES! Oh wow, this one’s delicious. And I guess it should help me figure out the difference between ‘grape’ and ‘muscat’; it doesn’t taste like, say, Welch’s grape juice the way I seem to recall Butiki’s Grape Oolong tasting, but it definitely makes me think grape anyhow. I actually prefer this flavour though… oh man… super delicious! I can’t put down my cup! Which kind of sucks because now I’m out of all the tea I brewed… perhaps it’s a sign to put the computer away and go to bed. I’ll be more productive tomorrow…. right….?

ETA: Second infusion (3 min) is still pretty good; muscat flavour gives way to more oolong flavour. Not unexpected.

ScottTeaMan

More productive…….I would say, Yes! Especially after a few cups of tea. :))

Kittenna

I’m trying to figure out whether you’re awake insanely early, or just live on the east coast… It’s absurdly early (5:30) in the morning here again, whoops…

ScottTeaMan

I was extremely tired after dinner, and fell asleep for 3-4 hours. Now after having three early morning cups of tea and posting a review, I just caught myself falling asleep. I need to lay down ASAP, and get a couple more hours of shut eye. :))

ScottTeaMan

Oh both by the way…….early & Eastern Time Zone [OHIO].

ScottTeaMan

Good morning & Good night…….

Kittenna

Ahhhh, that explains it. And belatedly, thanks :)

ScottTeaMan

Kittenna, Has there been problems on Steepster?? I’m following 342 people,and I have one review above yours. Wait…….that’s odd. I thought TASTING NOTES were posted chronologically, with the more recent ones posted above onee another, so the more current ones are posted first. I have a bunch of Tasting notes that are in that order below this one-that seems strange. I wonder why this note is out of order [so to speak]??

Mercuryhime

Sorry to butt in, but just to answer your question, when you edit your tasting notes, they get bumped up to the top again. This seems to be a new feature from back when Steepster did some updating of their site. :)

ScottTeaMan

Oh, thanks Mercury-I thought that might be the case, because it wasn’t like that before.

Kittenna

Yeah, and I really apologize for continually bumping mine to the top – I preferred when I could silently add my ’ETA’s. They’re mostly for my benefit.

What does ETA mean?

Azzrian

Oh and SO happy you loved this one! :)

Edited to add :)

ScottTeaMan

Estimated Time of Arrival. :))

Hesper June

Oh! Like Scott,I kept thinking it meant Estimated Time of Arrival…and I never could figure out how that applied to the tea tasting!
Thanks for asking Azzrian;)
This tea sounds really yummy, Kittenna!

Ah got ya thanks :)

Kittenna

Hahahaha, sorry guys! I know it has a dual meaning, but figured it would be obvious. Clearly not :D

Out of Cupboard and into shopping list. This is a staple – my daughter and I both love it – she craves it! I am shocked it lasted this long!
Its especially good cooled down!
Grapey oolong taste – perfection!
Also its my 6 month anniversary here on Steepster! YAY! :)

Yay!!

ashmanra

Wow! I feel like I have “known” you longer than that! Congrats!

I know!! Me too! Its a nice feeling as well. <3

Missy

yay! congratulations. :D

Thanks Missy! :)

Kittenna

If it’s your 6-month anniversary here, it must be right around mine too! Exciting, haha.

Azzrian

Weren’t you here before me?

Kittenna

My tealog informs me that my first tasting notes were written 7 months ago? So I guess I was. Bad memory! :D

Azzrian

Ohhh wait seven months ago on what day? :) I thought you were here before me :)

Indigobloom

Happy six months Azzrian, I can’t believe it’s only been so long!

Helena

Happy Six months Azzrian! :D and hopefully many more months to come :D

TheTeaFairy

Happy 6 months, great to have you around :-)

tigress_al

Happy 6 months! I always enjoy reading your notes

Azzrian

Awww thank you so much everyone!! :)

This tea is exactly what I hoped it would be. It’s my favorite Japanese Kasugai brand Muscat gummies. Only it’s liquid and not going to rot my teeth. I’ll have to invest in this oolong for health reasons. Mmhmm. Health reasons.

The base of this tea is pretty light. It seems like a light black, or a slightly roasty and autumnal oolong. The flavoring is so right. It’s floral and raisin-y and sweet and nectary. I love this. Love this sooooo much. Muscato is actually my favorite wine, and muscat grapes tie with kyoho grapes for being my favorite. All those things are expensive. This oolong is is cheap by comparison. Cheap, and delicious and so much better for me than gummies. I love gummies. haha I bet this would make an amazing cold brew.

I am so amazed at this tea right now. So. Amazed. When is Lupicia coming to the east coast????

Thank you sooooo much, Azzrian for this delicious sample! When I finally get to ordering from Lupicia, I am getting some of this!

Edit: Steep two and the oolong base is stronger now with weaker muscat flavor. It is still really tasty. This tea shows no signs of being bitter or astringent. I think I’m liking this infusion more than the first because the flavor and tea is more balanced.

Bonnie

When I’m in the Bay Area (CA.) I go to their store and they have several muscat’s. I have a decaf Muscat that is very good from them! They really do muscat well!!!

Dylan Oxford

Suuuuure, health reasons ;)

Kashyap

I’m fond of muscat gummies as well and know just ones you mentioned..if you like Kyoho grape you should find the oolong version by Naivetea…truly wonderful

lol, this one is fun. deep, sweet dessert grapes, reminiscent of the ones i used to shove in the freezer and suck the syrup out of when i was a kid. very grape, but not candy. perfect to finish up a ridiculously long day before i take on another.

there is a great element to this blend…. there’s a hint of stem to it!

sorry…. not my best review. too tired.

thanks to ifjuly for this one!

Ran around working at a convention all weekend and this stayed in my cup! I ended up drinking it iced because I had a metal thermos and couldn’t warm it, but yum! It tastes soooo good iced, like grape drink mixes but better! I think this is my favorite tea yet!

Smells like grape soda! My husband loves that stuff. I love Lupicia’s Momo Oolong but am only so-so about this one (I wasn’t wildly surprised; grape’s never been my first choice for flavoring things but I tried this on a whim because I like a lot of Lupicia’s fruitier stuff and this one has high regard here). As a plus, I was cooking pork chops with blackberry sauce tonight and realized late in the day I didn’t have the fruit juice it called for. It already includes “brewed black tea” so I used this along with some Earl Grey Grand Classic as a substitute. Worked out great; dinner was tasty. So there’s that.

I was smelling something grape-like in my sample box and stumbled upon this sample from Lady 0f Spaydes. Yum! It tastes and smells like the Kasugai Grape Gummies from H Mart! This is so delicious and sweet. I love the medium-long, brown-black oolong leaves dance in the cup and unfurl. The taste is like a little floral with some roasted nutty nuances intermixed with the grape flavor. The grape flavor isn’t too artificial, and I like it! I usually don’t like grape flavors (though I absolutely love grapes!). Yummy!!!

This smells SOOO good and tastes SOOO good! Definitely muscat! =D It tastes so natural too. I really need to try more of their flavored oolongs now =)
Thanks LauraR!!!

Tasting note number 450! Huzzah! Had this tea while waiting for my soup to be done. It smells nicely like muscat grapes. The scent made me miss the Japanese grocery in San Jose. There is a sweet, grape flavour as well. My little bit of Summer now that it gets colder.

Flavors: Grapes, Muscatel, Sweet

I don’t know how I haven’t posted a tasting note on this one, because I drink it all the time! It’s to the point I have two bags on backup right now.

If you’ve ever had japanese gummy candies, THIS is that muscat flavor blended seamlessly on top of a medium grade oolong. Muscat is grapey, but it’s not heavy like grape juice can get. It’s a flavor somewhere between a red grape and a green grape, but I believe it’s a different varietal. It’s not as sweet as champagne grapes either. Either way though, it’s yummy!

I would recommend this to anyone that likes fruity oolongs. I usually serve this one up to guests if they want an oolong, but aren’t wanting something roasty or straight.