Baguashan Mi Xian Black Tea, Lot 302

Brown Sugar, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Cavocorax

• “(135) I liked this Mi Xian from TTC, but it's not my favorite of their teas. I think I preferred their other Mi Xian over this one - it was a bit lighter and fruiter, while this is thicker and...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “I'm admit that I'm guilty....I promised to clean the house today but so far I've spent 30 minutes cleaning and a couple of hours buying tea sets and tea. Now I'm sitting down to drink tea, looking...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1096 tasting notes
  • “i have a confession. I don't love Mi Xian blacks. The one from stacy is good, but i don't love it like others do. There are teas that i like better. All that aside, i don't DISLIKE these teas...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes

From Taiwan Tea Crafts

e love our area. Since a few years now, many producers are now moving away from making the same thing as the neighbour and concentrating on producing finely-crafted distinctive teas, like this one made by Mr. Yi. We had the pleasure of working with this producer to make tea from our own tea cuttings several times now. Every time we visited him to discuss the project he served us this wonderful nectar. There is no better way to describe the smoothness of this liqueur. Crafted from hand picked Jin Xuan leaves, Mr. Yi has been able to bring out the smooth creamy character of the Jin Xuan strand and oxidized them to perfection leaving aromas of baked rolled oats and hints of sweet wild honey in your cup. This is a very easy drinking tea, with good body and fantastic stamina! You’re in for multiple steepings if you allow yourself to put a good quantity of leaves which this tea requires to make a good cup.

Meet the maker of this tea

About Taiwan Tea Crafts View company

(135)
I liked this Mi Xian from TTC, but it’s not my favorite of their teas. I think I preferred their other Mi Xian over this one – it was a bit lighter and fruiter, while this is thicker and maltier. Very good tea – just not AS good as the others.

KittyLovesTea

Wow, we had this at roughly the same time! :)

I’m admit that I’m guilty….I promised to clean the house today but so far I’ve spent 30 minutes cleaning and a couple of hours buying tea sets and tea. Now I’m sitting down to drink tea, looking at all of those gorgeous tea sets was thirsty work. Well I have two days to clean I suppose, my husbands sisters son (I guess that makes him my nephew in law) is coming to stay for three days. He’s 14 and autistic, I offered to look after him while my sister in law does some contract work for three days to get some money. He should be at school but as they just moved and he goes to a special school it has not yet completed. I’m happy enough to help, just means I have to clean my house which honestly I took a lax position with while I’m still recovering from my minor dental procedure. For those that don’t know – I had an impacted wisdom tooth out that required them to cut through my gum and chip into my jaw bone, of which they had to go further and deeper than they thought. Leaving me with a mouth full of stitches, a large lump and a mouth that only opens enough to put a tea spoon in it.

On to the tea and away from life. This was a 25g tester black tea I got as another to try, my husband and I both adore black teas and try to sample different types and brands to find regular types to stock. I steeped roughly 4-5g of leaf in my 200ml Gongfu teapot with just under boiling water for roughly one minute.

It is a lovely golden brown colour and has a rich malt scent. It’s flavour is malty yet sweet and rather clean tasting. It’s of medium strength so it has lots of flavour for such a short steep. It is also a little dry in the after taste.

A further steep of roughly two minutes reveals a milder tea but still very similar to the first steep. So far it’s lovely, not sure it’s a new favourite at this stage but it certainly a delicious, solid black tea, in other words this would be great for a nice every day black tea. I think my husband will like this one, will have to prepare some tonight when he returns from work. :)

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Malt

Veronica

I hope you are healing well. Having wisdom teeth removed is no fun. :(

Fjellrev

I am so lucky that all three of my wisdom teeth were easily removed. Your experience sounds like a nightmare. I hope you recover very soon!

KittyLovesTea

Thank you both. I had to give up tea for a couple of days but luckily I’m healed enough now to enjoy it once again. :) Days without tea are dark indeed.

TeaBrat

Owie, sounds awful, you must be glad that’s over with!

TheTeaFairy

No fun!! :-(

mrmopar

I think you are a blessing to your husbands family. In today’s world so many would not uptake a challenge as this. You will be richly rewarded one day for this. I also hope you feel better and am glad you were able to have some tea.

i have a confession. I don’t love Mi Xian blacks. The one from stacy is good, but i don’t love it like others do. There are teas that i like better. All that aside, i don’t DISLIKE these teas either. they’re just lower on the totem pole than some others :) this one is very similar to the one that stacy carries, though slightly different and reminds me more of some of the other TTC teas that i’ve had. Over all, a nice cup of tea from this morning. Thanks Cavocorax!

Terri HarpLady

I think I initially loved mi xian blacks because it was a flavor profile I had never tried, but once the novelty wore off I realized that although I enjoy a cup from time to time, its not something I wasn’t to drink every day.