Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Chestnut, Nutty, Roasted nuts, Sweet, Butter, Vegetal
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “All I can say is, wooooooooooooooow! I really enjoyed this tonight. We went to the Asian buffet and got take out. I had made two steeps of this before we left the house and poured it in my...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1876 tasting notes
  • “I agree with the other reviews - this is good. What I really want to mention is this is the best example of why I love to use a clear glass vessel when I steep. The leaf is so interesting. It...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1413 tasting notes
  • “Small, twisty dark green leaves with a nutty brewed aroma and pale green colour. Tastes sweet, and somewhat like spinach, green beans and nuts. Fresh and lively, sweet and nutty - very tasty and...” Read full tasting note
    caile 198 tasting notes
  • “It's been a cold few days. Pups are very clingy heat leeches lately. :) THere's nothing like a hot cup of tea on a cold day. It just warms you from the belly out. This is a particularly...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes

From Teavivre

Origin: Lushan Mountain (庐山) in Jiangxi Porvince, China

Ingredients: Pure tea leaves

Harvest time: April 10, 2014

Taste: brisk and refreshing, heavy sweet flavor with light roasted chestnut fragrance. Has sweet aftertaste and long-lasting brisk fragrance in your mouth

Health Benefits: Just like all green teas, our Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea has high levels of antioxidants that reputedly help reduce the incidence of cancer, promote good skin tone and help reduce the affects of aging. Also containing vitamin C, fluoride and calcium, TeaVivre’s TaiPing HouKui also promotes healthy teeth and bones.

About Teavivre View company

All I can say is, wooooooooooooooow! I really enjoyed this tonight. We went to the Asian buffet and got take out. I had made two steeps of this before we left the house and poured it in my tetsubin and put it over the warmer. Hubby and I drank it with our food and it was really good. Then when the food was all gone, I poured some more and had my dessert of three mellocreme pumpkins. (Like candy corn, for the uninitiated.) It was fantastic. I have heard that it is traditional to celebrate special events in Asia with super sweet desserts and tea, and it must say my mouth was celebrating this tea tonight!

This was sweet, smooth, fresh, green, and lightly nutty. It had just enough oomph to go with a meal, and not enough astringency to be bitter.

Thank you, Teavivre, for the delicious sample!

TeaBrat

Do you find that green teas keep you awake at night?

ashmanra

It is so hard to say. A few days ago I drank tulsi before bed because I had hurt my back and wanted to relax all over. It is a herbal and caffeine free, of course. I also had taken ibuprofen AND Tylenol. I couldn’t sleep! And it wasn’t from pain, I just couldn’t sleep, and I would have thought the tulsi would send me off to dreamland. Then sometimes I can drink tons of caffeinated tea at night and not be bothered. My daughter gets super sleepy if she drinks black tea in the afternoon and isn’t moving about.

I agree with the other reviews – this is good.

What I really want to mention is this is the best example of why I love to use a clear glass vessel when I steep. The leaf is so interesting. It looks like a pile of knotted thread until you spread it out. Then it looks like fine green wood shavings. In the bottom of the press with a mug of 175F water the leaf comes alive and puts on an amazing display. It wiggles, like the blades of grass I watched as a kid when a bug crawled through. Then it intensified until the bottom was shaking and twisting like butterflies trying to free themselves from their cocoons. What a show – and then I get to drink it too! Thank you Teavivre.

TeaBrat

I love glass teaware but I always seem to break mine!

seule771

I have been drinking Green Tea by Trader Joe’s Specialty Teas in tea bag; not as enticing/inviting as your tea; but enjoyable to me.

I am easing off tea drinking; I should say have been easing off. It got to be too much. I lapse at times as well. I don’t like the wording “lapse”; I get those republican notice to renew my membership since it has “lapse”; irks me at times the things I receive. Sorry, not to do with tea. Clear glass has great effect for viewing of tea, but if it is very hot, how do you hold it?
One of the libraries that I frequent has some clear glass rounders with no handles; and when I saw them, they made me think for tea drinking. I may get two as I renew my friendship with them. They are not nice and not friends; they abuse me; all do. Happy teas. good review.

gmathis

Sometimes a little “tea vacation” helps you appreciate it more. (I don’t have the strength of will to vacation for more than 12 hours :)

K S

My tea vacations are never on purpose.

Seule771 and Amy oh, my press has a plastic frame around the top and bottom with a plastic handle. It allows me to pick it up and pour with out getting my fingers too hot and it also adds some protection for the glass. I bought mine at Starbucks – they are only $10 at our shop. The glass can break if you hit it wrong while cleaning. :(

SFTGFOP

I was just drinking this tea earlier today!

Fresh and lively, sweet and nutty – very tasty and delicious!

Thank you to Angel/Teavivre for the samples!

It’s been a cold few days. Pups are very clingy heat leeches lately. :)

THere’s nothing like a hot cup of tea on a cold day. It just warms you from the belly out.
This is a particularly nice green. The first impression is of a savory green. Like toasted soy beans. But there’s also a nice surprising sweet floral finish. I had two pieces of mint chocolate with this tea. very nice combo. :D

Happy New Year!

TeaVivre

Happy New Year! And I cannot agree with you more that there’s nothing like a hot cup of tea on a cold day.

2017 tasting notes

It has been a long while since I’ve really been interested in drinking green tea, anymore it only seems I do so when I’m eating Chinese or Japanese on the odd occasion I don’t cook and decide to order in. This morning, however, I woke up with a craving for it so I pulled out one of the samples that came with my TeaVivre order.

I haven’t tried this specific type of green tea before, but I really enjoyed it. It has a very strong vegetal flavor, but beyond that it is subtly sweet with slightly nutty undertones. As the tea cools the sweetness becomes more apparent and the vegetal flavor mellows out a bit.

This is such a wonderful green tea, I really do need to explore what others TeaVivre offers. Surprisingly, I’ve tried very few and I have been missing out.

Decided to revisit this one today – and I’m also making it a sipdown since after making my Timolino full of this I sent the last bit off in a swap package. I figured I’d revisit it since I had relatively fond memories, but I doubted that I’d enjoy it enough to ever really get around to drinking up the last of it. I’m sure it’ll be better appreciated where it’s going…

For preparation, I steeped 1 tsp. in my timolino with 80 degree celsius water for two minutes. The tea liquor was a pale green yellow like last time – but this time for the quantity of water I used significantly less leaf so I’m expecting the taste to be a bit lighter than what I remember (thinking maybe that’ll ease up on any unwanted vegetalness). I can’t really judge anything from the smell: my timolino seems to have picked up a permanent “white chocolate” creamy type of smell from the White Chocolate Frost I had in it (although I’ve managed to get the lingering taste of that tea out).

Taste wise, I’m fighting through a little bit of bitterness. I guess the steep time I used was too much. However, once I fight through that kinda bitterness the result is a somewhat creamy kind of spinach/cucumbery taste. Not too bad. I think I’m gonna try and hold onto my initial memory of this though: I remember it tasting better that first time. The after taste here is quite pleasant though – and even though there’s vegetalness it’s not in a “seaweed” or “grassy” which so I’m not completely turning up my nose on this one.

I don’t drink straight greens often if ever so sometimes I forget you need to use a very ‘light touch’ with most of them – but over all I think both memories/tasting in mind (edit: I just went back and reread my last tasting note on this) I’m happy with my rating and satisfied with my decision to pass it on, though glad I took the opportunity to try it one more time.

2068 tasting notes

I would have never chose this for myself but Roswell Strange was kind enough to send some over so I decided to give it a try. It really is not bad at all. I doubt I would stock up but this cup is enjoyable. I might be a bit crazy but my first few sips were almost buttery. Now as I get more into the cup I am still getting those buttery notes but combined with a bit of vegetal (perhaps spinach) flavor. Definitely an interesting cup. Thank you Roswell Strange!

ETA: Made the rest of this so this is another sipdown!! (159)

Roswell Strange

Glad you liked it. For a green tea (which I typically hate) I didn’t think it was bad at all – but not something I’d ever reach for and want to drink, so not a restock for me either.

This is a great clouds and mist green. Refreshing is definitely the biggest word that comes to mind. It’s got a solid sweetness too it, balanced by a fairly assertive but well-balanced vegetal intensity reminiscent of a Japanese green. It is a very “brisk” tea as well, there is a pleasant bitterness on the finish that leaves your mouth feeling very clean and refreshed. This would be a great everyday green, I imagine it would be great cold-brewed. Very fair price for a solid casual green tea.

Thank you to the ever-generous Angel for the sample.

Well I must say that I was excited when I was asked to participate in another tasting of Teavivre tea. Even more excited when it after being sick all last week with bronchitis. This was the first that I decided to try. I went with the green because I heard that green tea can help booster antibiotics. I probably heard it on John Tesh since I produce his show for the station I work at. I opened up the packet and noticed a little bit of roasty aroma. It’s definitely a much lighter green in the color of the liquor. A medium body. I like the slight roasted flavor to this one. It reminds me a lot of the tea my brother gave me a few years ago for Christmas. He got it at an Asian market in Ann Arbor and I tried to see if anyone on Steepster could read it. I’m thinking maybe it’s Lu Shan Yun Wu. They are definitely similar flavor profiles and the leaves are similar. Who knows. It almost tastes like silver needles. I definitely like this one.

TeaVivre

We can not only benefits it from the taste, but also it’s health functions. Green tea has many health benefits, such as: Anti-aging Health Benefits, Effects on bacterial and fungal infections (anti-bacterial) and loose Weight.

I received another parcel of samples from Teavivre yesterday. This is the first one I picked out to write about. Thank you, Teavivre.

The dry leaf is amazing. It is dark green and looks like little twisty shavings of green. It also smells amazing, a really strong and enticing vegetal smell that is a little reduced when it has been steeped. The liquor is a delicate light green colour, again with the vegetal aroma. Perhaps spinach or green beans? It’s certainly something like that. Then comes the real surprise. I was expecting something strong with a hefty kick but the first couple of sips were incredibly delicate instead. It was only as the tea cooled that the flavour developed more towards what I expected. The liquor was heavy but sweet and the nutty element came out as I continued to drink. It was sweet with a lovely slightly spicy aftertaste. Another good one from Teavivre.