Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 14 oz / 414 ml

• “This tea is so tasty delicious I can't handle it. I want to make a mass pot of this chai so I can drink it non-stop throughout the day. My liquid breakfast lunch and dinner. I just finished my cup...” Read full tasting note
    lynne-tea 235 tasting notes
  • “I was in the grocery store the other day debating over what milk substitute to get. I'm mildly lactose intolerant, so for days where I drink a lot of tea with milk I need some sort of replacement....” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm... I was really craving a strongly flavored chai this morning, and this is definitely strong. I love how this is so strong and warms you all over (thank goodness it has been really cool out...” Read full tasting note
    caitlin 392 tasting notes
  • “Am I alone in thinking this tastes like licorish? Hmmm. A little weak to be a chai. Oh well, it was a free sample, and it was tasty, if weak.” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 898 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Traveler’s Tea- Rich imperial spices are combined with Northern Indian tea leaves to create a hearty, flavorful cup. Deliciously full-bodied when prepared traditionally (simmered with water, milk & honey).

About The Republic of Tea View company

Very good, but the flavor is not very strong. I found myself putting two or even three pouches to get the strength I wanted. Next time I’ll have to try steeping longer.

SSTTB #12.

Yes, another chai. :)

This one had coriander seeds and orange or lemon peel in it. Not so great on its own, better with milk. Due to the coriander seeds, I would not buy this one (I didn’t notice them until I added water, and by that point I just wanted my tea!).

The flavour was interesting, though. Slightly different than the usual. I’m just not a fan of coriander. :)

Roswell Strange

Lots of Chai in the box.

OMGsrsly

I’m tempted to go through and count them… We’ll see if I do. I need to make some more clothes tonight, so I don’t have a lot of time. (Tea break right now!)

Continuing my quest for the perfect chai.
This isn’t it. It starts out nice enough, smooth – maybe just a little heavy on the cinnamon, but them WHAM the ginger/pepper (OMG spicy) slams into the back of your throat.
For my taste the spices aren’t balanced properly.

Oh well – the quest continues….

SSTTB

TeaBrat

Nothing that good seems to come from the republic of tea ;-)

Hm. This is what I have, but in loose leaf format, purchased at Acquired Taste in Edmonton, AB. Well.. it’s okay. I’m finding something really acidic/drying in each of The Republic of Tea’s chai blends, something that I find really offputting because it lingers, and lingers,and lingers. It’s just…. ruining the enjoyment of my other teas, because of course I have another three on the go at the same time.

Subtle spiciness and strong hints of licorice (which I love, but isn’t really normal for chai).

This is by far my favorite chai. I’ve only tried a few, but this one is particularly spicy and soothing at the same time. It was the first loose-leaf tea I ever tried years ago, and got me hooked on the idea! Now, a whole world is open to me.
I steep it for at least 5 minutes and then mix in honey and almond milk. Yum! I wish I had some in the house….

I prefer to drink black chais neat (nothing added) and this one is smooth and flavorful. The balance of ingredients is perfect. Unlike other chais they don’t use too much black pepper. They use an Indian black tea and the flavor is wonderful. I really tasted the cardamon which is very nice. I imagine this cup is sublime made in a pan with milk.

Delicious. This tastes EXACTLY like the Republic RED Chai, which is one of my favorites. Very strong and peppery. I always consume this in loose leaf (maybe those who commented about weakness are using bags). I always add milk and sweetener to round it out. I’ll probably stick with the red version, because I love having a non caffeinated chai. However, its good to know I could slip a little caffeine buzz in there without any substantial flavor change. One nice thing about the black tea version is that this does not have the long pokey rooibos strands that seem to slip through the filter. Getting those suckers caught in your throat ruins the experience.

Arguably my most favorite Chai. I really don’t understand notes about this being weak. Have we all forgotten that to fine tune our teas to our own particular tastes, that we can use MORE or steep for longer to achieve the desired strength? That said, I find that Republic Chai works best with 1.5 teaspoons, boiling water @ about 9-10 minutes. finish with honey and milk and you get a nice smooth cup of Chai with a wonderful peppery afterbite.

Boiling 8 min or more