He Family 1st Picking Laoshan Green

Green Tea
Butter, Spinach, Mushrooms
Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

From Verdant Tea (Special)

Verdant Reserve Club – June

About Verdant Tea (Special) View company

I did a bunch of gongfu steeps of this one in my gaiwan but combined them into one big glass. It was essentially the same tea:water ratio, but instead of one long steep it was multiple 10 second steeps, so it would be interesting to know how it would taste different from a western steep of it. But of course teas like this seem to beg to be short steeped, even if you are just going to combine them.

This was fresh and lovely. Green, sweet, like sugar snap peas. I rarely crave a straight green, but I like having them around. Obviously this is not one I will keep around longterm, but it is a pleasure to drink.

The month is almost over & I’m finally drinking this one.
The flavor is SO green! I went with the test tube steeper, short steepings, & it’s so rich & full it reminds me of Matcha!

i loved this tea…..

Pardon my newbie ignorance. Can you please explain to me the “test tube steeper”? I’ve seen it mentioned in tasting notes but haven’t run across one (that I remember) on any of the sites. Where did you get it?

Terri HarpLady

Here’s the link Dexter
I love this thing! It is my favorite mode for steeping green teas. They are out of stock right now.

Thank you. Will have to keep a watch out to see if they restock. Looks unusual.

Hi Dexter. If verdant doesn’t restock you might want to check out aliexpress retailers carry something similar starting around 11USD. Just make sure that they are charging per complete set and not per piece and that you check out the shipping costs when comparing retailers.

terri! what an awesome link…. that’s a great device!

Thanks for the advice yyz. Will take a look.

Now this green came as a surprise.
The first thing i noticed was the strong aromatic smell, this tea is superfresh. And the small size of the leaf.

6g / 200ml glaspot
Three infusions
1m/2m/3m @ 80C

I must say the flavour was a surprise. Loads of spinach and a a superb freshness.
I put the flavour as almost identical to a good quality sencha! Wierd considering senchas are steamed. Maybe its the fact that its still so fresh?
As a fan of sencha i am very pleased :)

Terri HarpLady

I still haven’t tried this one, or the other 2 reserve teas for this month yet. Sounds wonderful!

Bonnie I’m allergic to beans,so tea like this is a real treat for me!

Occasionally, in the right mind-set, I can think of of different teas as substitutes for chocolate, butter, or vanilla ice cream. I reach for Mandala’s ‘black beauty’ when in the mood for chocolate, and now I can reach for this when I’m craving a delicious buttery mouth feel. The spinach aftertaste is just a bonus.

Flavors: Butter, Spinach

I received this today in my verdant tea of the month box. It’s my first nice green tea ever! First off, the bag opens to the smell of mushrooms and spinach.
I’m thinking that, once again, I have not used enough leaves. The tea was very watery… I have no reliable way to measure in grams, so today I ordered a scale on amazon.
On second steeping, I used less water and tasted a smooth mushroom flavor.

Flavors: Butter, Mushrooms, Spinach

0 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

PURE HEAVEN! Thank you so much Terri HarpLady for letting me try it.

I’m pretty sure this is last year’s, because I just checked on the website and it seems that this year’s harvest is in pre-order mode right now. It is taking all of my willpower not to order some RIGHT NOW. I have a full ounce of summer harvest Laoshan green from last year I haven’t even opened yet…must be strong. This is top notch though. SO SO GOOD! Everything I love about Laoshan green but even more concentrated :)

I have summer harvest too, unopened :(

Yep, top notch. I instantly noticed the smell is the most intense and savory of all the laoshan greens. The taste is savory, sweet and with nice vegetal notes, but not like your usual green teas.