Christmas Cake

Black Fruit Blend
Almond, Black Tea Leaves, Cinnamon, Cloves, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Vanilla, Wildcrafted Pine Needles
Cake, Cinnamon, Cloves, Molasses, Spices, Cookie, Malt, Marzipan, Orange Zest, Vanilla, Astringent, Citrus, Clove, Lemon, Orange, Pine, Roasted Nuts, Smooth, Sweet, Wood, Custard, Alcohol, Almond, Bitter, Tea, Creamy, Cherry, Cream
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “100% spice cake, maybe with a hint of dried fruit in there, the kind that goes with those uber-heavy Christmas cakes. It’s a bit surprising how accurate the flavoring is, down to the breadiness of...” Read full tasting note
  • “Well, I’m still alive. I was so sick over Christmas, with proper fully-signed-up flu. I had 10 days off work, which I’d been looking forward to all year, and I spent most of them either in bed or...” Read full tasting note
  • “Additional notes: Advent stash selection from yesterday. ALWAYS a delicious hit with me. Somehow the first steep is still cakey! The second spicier. I wish the pine would last longer. They...” Read full tasting note
  • “Really wish this was available year around. Really delicious cup of tea that puts you in a very fulfilled mood. Nicely caffeinated with the taste of spice cake. What more could you ask for.” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Our fave Christmas brew is back, combining our three favourite things: tea, cake and Christmas!

Christmas Cake is back for 2020! This beauTEAful blend has been part of our Christmas Collection since the very beginning and we had some very disappointed Teabirds, so we just had to bring it back!

Holding its own for the title of best Christmas tea of all time, this blend tastes like cake, contains real-life, actual Christmas tree (spruce needles!) and- as if that wasn’t enough!- it has little candy snowflakes. Still not impressed? Well, brew it up and watch it glitter like icicles!

Sri Lankan black tea, cinnamon, cloves, orange peel, pine needles, almond pieces, vanilla pieces, natural flavouring.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

100% spice cake, maybe with a hint of dried fruit in there, the kind that goes with those uber-heavy Christmas cakes. It’s a bit surprising how accurate the flavoring is, down to the breadiness of the taste (although missing in the mouthfeel). While spice cake has always been something I’ve kinda avoided, this does remind me of a spiced ginger cake my Mom would whip up at Christmas, saying it was a Dutch delicacy that we had to try. Yep, it’s pretty bang-on for that.

Thank you KittyLovesTea for this perfect 2-cup sample!

JustJames

i am one of those whackos that loves xmas cake….. this is going MY list!!!!

MissB

Oh, I’ll send you the cup or so I have left! It’s already off their website, sadly, until next year (maybe?)

JustJames

how do i consistently set myself up for this? no no, you gave this 100. you finish it. enjoy. you are just as sleep deprived as i am. it’s a lovely thought though.

MissB

I gave it 100? No, I gave it a 79. It’s easy enough to put it in an envelope for next time – and you know as well as I do, I have too much tea! :P

JustJames

oh…. i really need sleep. i saw the 100% fruit cake. geez…..

Anna

…you mean spice cake. JJ, GET SOME SLEEP!

Suziqzer

It’s alright JJ.. I saw fruitcake too (& I’m not a fan). I think maybe because she said spice cake with a hint of fruit… My mind turned that to fruitcake. :)

Well, I’m still alive. I was so sick over Christmas, with proper fully-signed-up flu. I had 10 days off work, which I’d been looking forward to all year, and I spent most of them either in bed or staggering around the house like a zombie looking for tissues and more medicine. I think I only drank one “proper” tea – this, which I took with me in my timolino on the one day I did feel well enough to venture out. It was a very sorry state of affairs. Now I’m back at work (of course I’d be well enough in time, because that’s how it works), not feeling very rested, but at least I can make up for some lost time in tea terms.

I started the morning with another cup of this one. My pouch is actually from the year before last (2014), but it hadn’t been opened before December this year so it was still fine. I’m really enjoying this one as a Christmas Cake tea. It’s got strong dried fruit flavours, a touch of nutmeg spiciness, and a good dose of vanilla to sweeten things up and add a deliciously creamy overtone. I adore the snowflake sprinkles even though they stick fast to the bottom of my infuser, and the glitter adds a little festive sparkle too. The pine needles are an inspired touch – this really is the best of Christmas in a cup. All the better for those of us who feel like they didn’t really have a Christmas this year, I guess! Maybe next year.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
teaqueen

I’m glad you’re feeling better. The flu is the worst and its timing is always impeccable… for messing up fun plans.

Christina / BooksandTea

That sounds awful. I’m glad that you’re on the mend. (Impeccable timing regarding your holiday, huh?)

tigress_al

Glad you are feeling better!

__Morgana__

Glad you’re better!

Additional notes: Advent stash selection from yesterday. ALWAYS a delicious hit with me. Somehow the first steep is still cakey! The second spicier. I wish the pine would last longer. They can’t ever stop blending Christmas Cake!
Also having 52Teas Chestnut Praline today and will be having Fairytale of NY (as my night tea) from my stash as B&B’s advent tea for today. Really…. this is why I don’t buy advents. ESPECIALLY a B&B advent. I already own most of the teas.
I am really craving nutty tea profiles and I’m not sure what I have around that fits that…. has anyone ever tried adding peanut butter to a mug of tea???

White Antlers

tea sipper If you add peanut butter to your mug of tea, you’ll need to mix everything in a Ninja or a blender to create an emulsion because you are dealing with oil and water. Peanut butter will not just melt into the hot liquid and given that it’s so full of oil, it will separate and may give you an unpleasant cup.

tea-sipper

haha, alright – I wasn’t thinking about it when I asked… just too much hope imagining it would completely dissolve perfectly. Of course that wouldn’t happen. :D

White Antlers

Well, you never know! Imagine the first person who ever ate an oyster, a pomegranate or an artichoke. LOL!

Lexie Aleah

You could always make some nut brittle to eat with your tea or something.

Flavors: Cake, Cinnamon, Cloves, Molasses, Spices

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Tiffany :)

I love this one, I have too many large bags of it though. :)

EstrafaDC

Lucky you! I’ll know better next Boxing Day to add it to my order. I think they were sold out when I tried. But I do love their teas. I can’t recall whose review on here turned me on to it, but I’ve absolutely fallen in love with them. I’m just now getting around to doing reviews for many of their teas.

EstrafaDC

BTW, I saw on your bio that you had Arthur Dove on your To Try list. I just got my first order from them. I’ve communicated with them a bit and they’ve been super nice. Also, their shipping costs aren’t as high as B&B. Just got three from them, Cherry Bakewell, Moon Beam, and Hound on a Hunt and have really loved the first two we tried. Hound on the Hunt is next!

(#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #2)

So I believe I made this tea as a cold brew pitcher (as I do most of my teas) 12/31 and then it was ready/drank it throughout the day 1/1/21? This is actually one of my favorite winter holiday themed teas even though I have quite a few large bags of this from B&B (formerly bluebird tea co).

#tiffanydrinkstea #tiffanys2021 #tiffanysfaves #tiffanyinthe614 #tiffanysteasipdown #sipdownchallenge

tea-sipper

Now I want to steep this one up (so many I want to steep up, haha)

AJRimmer Advent Day 25

Happy Holiday, y’all! I sipped on this cup while watching the tiny roommates open gifts. I taste spiced caramel apple, which is strange after reading the ingredients! No caramel or apple, so I’m not sure what is translating into those flavors for me. I feel like I’m getting more clove than cinnamon, but the cup seems well balanced. It’s a nice festive cup to start my day with! Thanks AJRimmer!

Courtney

Happy Holidays! This one reminded me of eating mincemeat tarts as a kid. :)

Dustin

I still need to try a mincemeat tart!

Courtney

They’re worth it! We might try making them from scratch this year because the store ones aren’t vegan!

Cameron B.

Happy Holidays! :D

Martin Bednář

Happy holidays!

Dustin

Thanks y’all! :) I’m curious enough to give making mincemeat pies a go, but right now persimmon bread is on my horizon. I second guessed myself with a few jars of what was perfect persimmon jam and ran the jars through the pressure cooker which turned them to slush. Need to salvage what I can in bread form. :/

Bird & Blend Advent Day 12 (12-December 2020)

Wow, this smells just like a mincemeat tart in the dry sachet! Takes me right home to my Nann’s!

Steeped it smells different again, but still delicious. There is a baked good flavour here that I really enjoy. The overall taste of this one was great — I can’t recall specifics because I’ve been so immersed in this paper so I can hopefully move onto the next paper and exam studying soon!

I’m having a resteep of this tea now and it’s still super tasty. The clove comes out in the second steep, but not in an overwhelming way — just softly and meshes perfectly into the base tea. I would definitely consider ordering this one for our cupboard!

AJRimmer

I happened to share this one with my family today! Accidentally participating in the advent calendar!

Courtney

I love that! Shared tea is the best tea!

This is a tea I’ve been wanting to try for a while, so I was happy to pick some up during the last sale. The flavor is quite festive. I enjoy it a little more with milk and extra sugar. I’d say it’s a moderately spiced black tea, though I wouldn’t say there’s much cakey about it. The main flavors are clove and maybe light orange? I guess I expected this one to be more flavorful and special. It’s all right, but there are many superior teas in its category.

tea-sipper

The cakey flavor sadly disappears VERY fast after it is blended.

AJRimmer

Oh no! I guess I’m drinking this one seven months after it was bought, which is definitely longer than preferred.

Another tea I got in the Bird and Blend Boxing Day sale. I’ve had it about 3 separate times at this point, and I’m very sad I only got 50g. It’s very similar to B&B’s Mince Pie, but not quite as heavy on the marzipan flavor. My preference is Mince Pie, but this one is still wonderful. Rich, dark fruits, and a bit of almond. I can’t really taste the pine needles, but they make the blend look quite festive.

AJRimmer

I ordered this one too! I’m very excited for my order to arrive so I can finally try it!

amandastory516

I’m excited to hear your thoughts! I’ve been enjoying it quite a bit this week.

sample from VariaTEA. it ended up getting a little cold for most of me drinking it – i can’t even explain the stupidity that i’m surrounded with at work. it’s painful how bad it’s gotten recently. It’s probably a good thing i’m going on Mat leave or i’m sure i’d be getting in to trouble at some point over the year with my inability to suffer through it anymore lol

This one surprised me – i’m not sure what i was expecting but i think something a little more clove-y and christmas spice y? Instead it was a really nice cup of cinnamon, orange, vanilla spice tea without being your traditional “french christmas tea, that i’m soooo very over” I don’t need to stock this in my cupboard but i wouldn’t pass up another cup of this in future.