Did nobody really see my previous post? It has like 4 likes on it or something and for the first 24 hours it only had 1. This is so unusual for me that it’s almost entirely unheard of. So at the risk of sounding vain, do go and have a look at it. If nothing else then just at the last line of it which has Stuff Revealed!

In the meantime I’m contemplating what to do about the big order from Nothing But Tea that I thought I made. I was doing some netbank-stuff in relation to Stuff Revealed (yes I am going to make you go and look in order to find out what it is) and noticed that the NBT order hadn’t been payed for. Investigating further I find that it doesn’t show up in my order history on the site and I also haven’t received any order confirmations by email. I don’t know why I didn’t notice not getting a confirmation. It’s the second time this has happened with NBT! How the plock can ordering tea be so damn complicated??? I honestly don’t know what it is I’m doing wrong. O.o So now I’m not sure what to do, whether to put the order together again (I think I can remember most of it) or to just try my luck with one of the other places I want to shop instead.

Auggy shared this one with me, and I’ve been a little wary of it. Wary and also curious. I’m just not certain that the corn-y aspect is one that I’ll enjoy. She sent me two of them, so at least it’s not something that I’ll have to spend the rest of my life trying to get through if it turns out that it’s not actually for me at all.

The aroma of the little toucha is giving the corn-y aspect away already. It smells not at all like pu-erh tea, but rather a lot of salt and popcorn. Highly peculiar, but also rather interesting. I’m much more curious now. (Also wondering what Husband will think of it. I can never quite anticipate what he’ll enjoy and what he’ll find bizarre)

Actually, I’m really craving some freshly made popcorn now…

After steeping Husband agreed with me about the popcorn, but I actually think that the popcorn note is a little less obvious now. It’s because the pu-erh notes are coming in as well and making sure you’re not mistaking it for anything else. Actually, it’s almost as dark as coffee, so at a glance and when only looking at it you could probably easily mistake it for a mug of coffee. It’d be some very surprising coffee though. But I digress.

I am still really craving some freshly made popcorn.

At first sip, it felt very sharp and salty, but also a little bit thin flavour-wise. I decided this was because of the temperature of the cup and let it cool down a bit before continuing. Even so, there was still quite a lot of aftertaste to the tiny sip I had, which did nothing for my popcorn craving.

After cooling a little more it’s a much stronger flavour, but still rather sharp and prickly. It’s not as popcorn-y as I had imagined, and I’m not actually certain whether I think this is a good thing or a bad thing. It’s a pu-erh, it’s not a corn-flavoured tea. It has picked up some corn-y sort of characteristics though. It’s not really so much flavour as it’s mouth feel. My mouth feels much the same was as when I’ve had corn soup or corn bread or similar. I made corn bread once, actually, and was vastly disappointed by it. Turns out I don’t like corn bread at all, largely because of this particular mouth feel. It was just WAY too much corn. This is tempered by there also being the strong notes of just pu-erh tea and that funny sharp note that I mentioned. It’s familiar to me, but I can’t work out what it is.

All in all, it’s not bad this, but it’s not exactly awesome either. I wouldn’t go out of my way for it.

Now go look at my previous post.

mpierce87

I’m so jealous you have some of this! I had one tuocha months ago and I still crave this tea! Unfortunately, it won’t be coming around anymore according to Verdant :(

Congrats on your Stuff! That’s exciting!

Nicole

I completely missed that previous note. Or I think I did – the little heart wasn’t filled in and it didn’t seem familiar… :) Congrats on the Stuff!

seule771

bereavement of brevity…or do I mean long winded? No matter, I concur.

Comments

mpierce87

Congrats on your Stuff! That’s exciting!

Nicole

seule771

bereavement of brevity…or do I mean long winded? No matter, I concur.

The Formalities