Another sample from KiwiDelight. I’ve loved the genmaichas I’ve tried so far, so I was excited to sample another one. The dry leaves are small and flat, and there are some stems included. There is also toasted rice, which is much smaller than I’ve seen before. And everything is covered in a green dust of matcha. I was surprised when I took a sniff, because the dry tea doesn’t smell much like toasted rice, it mostly just smells like grass and leaves.

Well, the toasted rice aroma definitely came out while it was steeping! It made my whole kitchen smell, which was amazing. :D At first when I tasted the brewed tea, I got quite a bit of toasted rice flavor. But it seemed as I kept sipping, it moved more and more into the background and I could mostly just taste the tea. It’s quite grassy, with notes of autumn leaves and some kind of fresh vegetable taste that reminds me of celery or cucumber or something. When I finished the cup, the rice flavor came back as a lingering aftertaste.

I liked this tea, but I really would have liked more genmai flavor.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Celery, Grass, Toasted Rice

Ost

Ah I love when teas make an entire room smell good! ^^

KiwiDelight

I think it’s so-so quality too, but sometimes it’s helpful to drink teas of different qualities so one can be able to distinguish what’s really good.

Cameron B.

Definitely! I appreciate the opportunity to try different teas whether I end up loving them or not. Thanks again. :)

You’re welcome! I hope you really enjoy the rest of the samples :3

Comments

Ost

Ah I love when teas make an entire room smell good! ^^

Cameron B.

You’re welcome! I hope you really enjoy the rest of the samples :3

Currently trying to move out of the flavored tea phase and into those tasty straight teas!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Flavored Black
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Mild Sencha/Kabusecha
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Currently Exploring:
Chinese Black
Oxidized/Roasted Oolong

Not A Fan
Green Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root