Alright you guys. This tea is awesome, but I want to comment on Herbal Infusions in general in this note. Feel free to skip right over if this doesn’t interest you. :)

My first order with HI a few months ago went over very smoothly. I placed the order, got the email confirmation, and a day or two later, got the shipping notification. The teas arrived within an appropriate amount of time. I was a happy camper.

I ordered again in late January and after ~2 weeks I still hadn’t received a shipping confirmation nor my teas in the mail. I spoke with a couple people here who mentioned similar problems. I emailed them and was provided with an explanation and the promise the teas would be shipped out the next day. I received my teas yesterday, so they were shipped out quickly after the email. From the date of the order to receiving the teas was near to a month, which irritated me slightly, but it wasn’t something I couldn’t get past. I weighed out my Cacao and SCC this morning because I found it strange 50g could fit in one bag, whereas before I had received 2 bags of 25g each. When I weighed each bag I found that the tea inside was ~40g rather than 50g. I emailed HI again, and I have to say, they were incredibly quick replying and explained that the tea had been being weighed at their cacao supplier versus with them, and they’ve now fixed it so that they weigh it with their own scale (they provided me with the scale accuracy) and that they would ship me a couple 25g bags of Cacao this afternoon.

I have to say, the order taking an age did bother me, however it was alleviated by the explanation they provided when I emailed about it. I was slightly irritated this morning as well when I discovered the tea weight was off, because who wouldn’t be? However, all in all, I have to say I’m happy with all the explanations provided in both instances, and the immediate response about the weight and offer to ship some Cacao off to me to make up for it.

Feel free to take what you want from this! Also, this tea is amazing! I have done an actual tasting note on it a short time ago, if you want to know about the tea itself haha.

keychange

Good for you for being so thorough. And I’m glad your experience with them was largely positive-it’s often how a company responds to a situation that will predict how you feel about them.

Courtney

I agree keychange! I work in customer service, which makes me incredibly critical at times of the customer service I receive. But these guys nailed it in the end.

yay! i’m glad that things worked out :)

Comments

keychange

Courtney

yay! i’m glad that things worked out :)

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: