Sipdown! This tastes way better when I’m more generous with the amount I put in the glass gongfu pot.

The first steep is extremely nutty, like raw almonds, with a bit of sweet grassiness. I ruined the second steep by forgetting about it for a minute, and the third one tastes like a creamy bright salve in comparison.

Fourth steep is unbelievably sweet- aftertaste of banana cream. I never achieved this the first go around (where it tasted more like sparkling apple juice and pastry). Prevailing nuttiness on the sides of the tongue and back.

Fifth steep has a finish of vanilla cream. It’s pretty tasty and I’ll bump up my arbitrary rating by a few. There is a pleasent tickling puckering astringency, but nothing bitter here.

eighth steep and up, is seeing a return to a refreshing zippy leafiness. It’s almost like it has come full circle!

Side Note: My silver sample packet of this was open and exposed to the elements for slightly over two weeks, if that has any bearing.

A good Silver Needle is my desert island tea.

Ratings: