This is the last of the Della Terra samples from Cavocorax! Quite a few of the teas she sent my way were fantastic, and I probably never would’ve gotten around to trying them if it wasn’t for her. A huge thanks from over here!

This tea was the one I was most skeptical about- it has corn in it. And peas. Drinks that contain veggies can be amazing though, if they have the right balance of things. I don’t mind veggie drinks like carrot juice so I think I can go into this vegetable fruit tea with an open mind.

The dry leaf smells quite fruit-sweet, yet vegetal. No surprises there. The broth is a slightly cloudy, light buttery colour. The tea itself tastes a bit buttery and reminds me of a smoother, peach version of Movie Night from David’s Tea (apples, popcorn, green tea, maple). I taste peaches, butter, sweet and zingy lemongrass, and more butter. I pick up some caramel popcorn notes here and there too. This is actually a really nice peach tea. Colour me surprised (I know, who says that?). It makes me want some real peaches!

Amariel

This is on my list to try from them, actually. :)

Cavocorax

I made the last of mine iced and it was a hit! I had a few people ask what it was, and I thought it funny when they found out it had corn and peas. :P Glad you enjoyed it.

Ozli

Huh!! That sounds pretty intriguing!

Comments

Amariel

This is on my list to try from them, actually. :)

Cavocorax

Ozli

Huh!! That sounds pretty intriguing!

Tea Preferences: My absolute favourites are the floral inclined oolong and white teas. I also enjoy unflavoured green teas, as well as some black teas (flavoured, unflavoured, Indian, Chinese, etc). Puerh is a hit or miss.

Fruit, cedar, anise, and vanilla are good. Black licorice, bergamot, and cheap chocolate are less good. Jasmine, cinnamon, and hibiscus are usually too strong in teas for my taste, but I otherwise like these flavours!

Ratings:

95-100: A Personal Favourite; I’m never without this tea.

90-94: Great! I’ll try to keep a small amount around.

80-89: Enjoyable; I may buy more at some point.

50-69: Something about this tea falls flat for me. Still drinkable.

30-49: This isn’t a particularly pleasant cup.

1-29: There’s no way to put it nicely..

BC, Canada