drank Cranberry Pear by DAVIDsTEA

Sipdown the 8th. At first glance I thought this was a herbal. There were several large chunks of pear and dried cranberries, but not a whole lot of black tea. After a four minute steep, the tea leaves opened up enough to convince me that there was indeed a decent amount of black tea that had been hiding away. However, the liquor was a very pale yellow which is not what I was expecting for 1 tbs. of tea in 12 oz. of water.

Nonetheless, the tea was rather pleasant. The pear added a juicy tartness, and I could taste a hint of cranberry. I sensed a very faint spiciness akin to cinnamon, but I don’t see it listed in the ingredients. The experience reminded me of drinking a nicely flavored herbal, but was not what I had in mind for a black tea.

On a strange note, I steeped a bag of particularly strong masala chai in my cup without first rinsing it out. Now I am enjoying a really great pear-flavored chai. I wish all of my tea accidents turned out this yummy. :)

Thanks for sharing, Sil!

mm pear flavoured chai sounds delish!

Comments

mm pear flavoured chai sounds delish!

I’m a Floridian living in Kansas and currently pursuing a physics Ph.D. by day (…and by night, who am I kidding?) with an immense love for all things tea.

Rating Scheme:

<50 = Undrinkable.
50-59 = Drinkable, but not my cuppa.
60-69 = Decent, but nothing to write home about.
70-79 = Good tea that I drink occasionally. Probably will not restock when it runs out.
80-89 = Very tasty. May or may not restock when it runs out.
90-100 = Delicious. A staple in my collection.

Manhattan, KS