This is one of those teas that gets pushed towards the back of my tea stash and as a result I don’t pick it too often. I think part of this is because I’m not a huge fan of The Spice and Tea Exchange. I LOVE going into their store and I love the little sample teas that they have, but more often than not I get home and steep those cute little samples and I find them lacking in some way, or often with an odd flavor. (Wondering is this could be because they are in a store with so many other prominent scents from the other spices, etc.?) Anyway, I wasn’t too picky this morning and just randomly chose a tea from my drawer and this was the lucky winner. I didn’t have much hope while steeping it, and even made a second container of my old standby tea to take along with me to school just in case I didn’t like this one. I’m happy to say that I was surprised! This isn’t a tea that is bursting with flavor or that has a lot of fun undertones that you want to keep sipping just to figure it out – it’s more of just an all-around pleasant tea. It may be one that I turn to a little more frequently after my unexpected experience with it this morning.

-Dry blend has medium black tea leaves and twigs with a few pieces of dried pears.
-Dry leaves smell faintly of fresh pears. Tea liquor aroma is of strong black tea with a hint of sweet caramel and fruit.
-Tea liquor is a clear medium golden brown color.
-Earthy and malty flavor with a subtle caramel finish. Very light pear aftertaste.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Fair tea. Faint flavor of sweet pear and caramel with a light maltiness.

Just a Southern girl who loves sunshine, little dogs and all things tea!

I love animals and animal rescue. We have a rescued Chihuahua, Greyhound, Siamese and 2 Tabbies. We also foster kittens for the local humane society.

My favorite teas are sweet and malty black teas but I try to branch out and taste them all. :)

“Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.”

Rating Guide: