thank you cavocorax for sending this one my way. I struggle with roasty oolongs. There’s something about SOME of them that i dislike, while others i love. I dislike the aroma from this one in dry form. However, as a brewed tea, the flavour that i don’t like in roasty oolong isn’t present. There’s an earthiness to this that is rather pleasant and if nothing else, this is a smooth brew.

Anna

Okay, I have a very ignorant question – how does a roasty oolong and a houjicha differ in taste?

i’ve only had a couple houjicha…and it’s terrible since my automatic response would be… roasty oolongs have that oolongy taste and houjicha doesn’t. lol not so helpful. i have consistently enjoyed the houjicha that i’ve had, while oolongs are hit and miss with me.

Hopefully someone else will have a better description than me lol

Anna

Haha, aww, Sil – thanks, though! You should just start calling it Eww-long.

i usually say it’s oo-wrong for me :) that being said there ARE a few oolongs that i’ve really enjoyed. so i haven’t crossed them off the list entirely :)

Anna

I won’t cross anything off the list until I’ve tried all the teas.

Comments

Anna

Hopefully someone else will have a better description than me lol

Anna

Haha, aww, Sil – thanks, though! You should just start calling it Eww-long.

Anna

I won’t cross anything off the list until I’ve tried all the teas.

Toronto, ON