Sipdown no. 73 of the year 2014. It appears there was one bag of this left in both the home and work stash. It was really the BF who sipped this down because he didn’t want to drink the chocolate teas I made this morning. He finds the entire idea of chocolate tea “gross.”

Kewl. More for me. ;-)

I did have a couple of sips before I gave him the cup and I enjoyed this more than my original rating reflected so I’ve bumped it up some. I am sure I have other teas scented with Osmanthus in my possession and I think I had been waiting to try those to see how they compared, so I rated this on the low side. Unfortunately, I haven’t actually dug around to find those other teas and compare them. But on a non-comparative basis, this is a delicately scented tea that steeps to something with flavor and with lack of plantiness. Since I sometimes find that to be the trade off with white teas—either they’re so delicate as to require me to play find the flavor, or they have an aspect of them that’s rather like the stems of cut flowers after they’ve sat in water for a week—I give this points for being the happy in between.

Flavors: Flowers

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California